The Carrier Dome Renaming Thread... | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

The Carrier Dome Renaming Thread...

lol, I thought maybe you were just screwing with everyone just dropping that in there out of nowhere.

The University has stopped using Carrier in all emails and communications about the Dome.
It’s not the Carrier Dome anymore it’s the Syracuse Dome or The Dome.

lol, I thought maybe you were just screwing with everyone just dropping that in there out of nowhere.

Nah, im just pretty convinced that the longer we hear nothing and continue to see the name on the building the more likely it sticks. They had a very convenient opportunity to take that name down during construction (and be able to say it was dont only to prevent damage or something).

I'm hoping it's something along these lines if Carrier gets to keep the name.

How much is that HVAC install worth? I would have no idea
Put me in the camp that believes SU knew they were bound to the agreement, but tried to leverage to at least get a shiny new HVAC system and maybe a few other bennies out of it.

Put me in the camp that believes SU knew they were bound to the agreement, but tried to leverage to at least get a shiny new HVAC system and maybe a few other bennies out of it.
Syracuse isn’t bound by the agreement if they knock a part off the Dome structure and rebuilds it. The Dome becomes a new “structure” and can be renamed and Carrier’s gift becomes extinguished.

Our chancellor knows we would win in court especially since it would be in Syracuse court.
He wants to avoid a scene.

If it's anything other than "THE DOME", it will be weird.
You guys get worked up over the weirdest shlit.

What does this sign say??? Whats the name of this Stadium?? Can’t you read??!!
1588776952667.jpeg

that sign says and that Stadium’s name is...GIANTS Stadium.

The Dome’s name will NEVER...EVER CHANGE.

Put me in the camp that believes SU Carrier knew they it was never going to be able to enforce a "perpetual" agreement after it extracted tens of millions of dollars in commercial value from a NFP educational institution with no corresponding benefit to the institution for more than 3 decades, yet still tried to milk it as long as possible leverage to at least get a shiny new HVAC system and maybe a few other bennies maximum value out of it before being forced to pay something or get blown out of the water in court.
FIFY :cool:

Last edited:

View attachment 180864

Who's worked up? Ha. I could honestly give 2 shats about this.

Way more interested in where the S&P 500 is headed.

Ain't that the truth, brother.....

Really wasn’t responding to you, but in general.

and in general, go find the S & P 500 thread.

View attachment 180864

don’t think people are so worried about it not being called just the dome

more...we want some cash money to continue to advertise a name on the dome

don’t think people are so worried about it not being called just the dome

more...we want some cash money to continue to advertise a name on the dome
Well of course.

even if it’s not a ”Dome”...call it “The Dome”.

thats the point

My choice would be the Orange Dome or if you want to get creative, the A-B Dome since Anheuser-Busch has a major brewery in Baldwinsville. A special perk would be if the CUSE football or hoops team wins on weekends...free suds in their parking lot till midnight.

My choice would be the Orange Dome or if you want to get creative, the A-B Dome since Anheuser-Busch has a major brewery in Baldwinsville. A special perk would be if the CUSE football or hoops team wins on weekends...free suds in their parking lot till midnight.
That might make 10 Cent Beer Night seem like a walk in the park. ;)

Maybe they are leveraged into donating the HVAC system. How much is that worth? If you listen to some SU fans, not having AC was a catastrophe of epic proportions.

If I recall correctly, Carrier originally offered to donate the HVAC but the air supported roof could not support the HVAC duct work. It would not be that far from realm of possibility that Carrier donates the new equipment and works a deal to keep their name on the Dome. SU is known for long term relationships and being a good business partner.

If I recall correctly, Carrier originally offered to donate the HVAC but the air supported roof could not support the HVAC duct work. It would not be that far from realm of possibility that Carrier donates the new equipment and works a deal to keep their name on the Dome. SU is known for long term relationships and being a good business partner.

a good business partner - when there is a viable partnership.

donating another 1 time amount equivalent to peanuts is not a long term viable partnership.

id also argue that dropping carrier dome 100+ times INCLUDING in an actual !!!quote!!! is not being a good business partner. I highly doubt the University dropped all mentioning of it and coached friends of the program to no longer use it on national tv to get free HVAC.

a good business partner - when there is a viable partnership.

donating another 1 time amount equivalent to peanuts is not a long term viable partnership.
We spend way too much time on this. It's clear Carrier wants to keep their name on the building as stipulated by their gift agreement. ($ for name on the building). What's not clear yet is whether SU can get out of that agreement given the magnitude of the renovations. Naming rights are worth a lot and both Carrier and SU knows this which is why Carrier wants to keep the name there...and why SU wants to shop for another name if it can legally do that. Let's just see how it plays out.

We spend way too much time on this. It's clear Carrier wants to keep their name on the building as stipulated by their gift agreement. ($ for name on the building). What's not clear yet is whether SU can get out of that agreement given the magnitude of the renovations. Naming rights are worth a lot and both Carrier and SU knows this which is why Carrier wants to keep the name there...and why SU wants to shop for another name if it can legally do that. Let's just see how it plays out.

exactly correct

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom