The Carrier Dome Renaming Thread... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

The Carrier Dome Renaming Thread...

with all the spider man talk maybe, Su doing well in fball, and watching the movie Yesterday maybe we are actually in a different multiverse and dont even know it. it would explain how Trump became president

My guess is, the agreement does not state that Syracuse University has to call out the name Carrier as much as it might in a contemporary naming contract. SU is now exercising that right.

Says right in the article that Steiner sold the company in 2000 and remained the face of the company until they sold it to Fanatics and he had no knowledge or say in said sale to Fanatics.

I guess I misread that the first tweet. I even read it twice. I guess I missed the sold it a few years ago and fanatics bought it recently. Seemed like you were saying he was tossed out years ago

So basically we know Chris Carlson reads this board. The argument he is expounding on has been floated in this thread. It’s cool he reads here but atleast give a nod to the board.

Once the Dome undergoes the massive upgrades it is undertaking the deal is extinguished. I guess Carrier could sue in DC since SU technically has a campus there but that venue wouldn’t be a good one for Carrier based on the judges on the bench in DC.

Pepsi has enough coin for the ORANGE CRUSH DOME.

Or Coke can continue to assault our sanity and call it the "Orange Vanilla Coke! Dome"

My ears will bleed if I have to hear that commercial again. Thanks, March Madness

If I’m Trane, York or another A/C company, I get all over this. Treat it like an apparel deal where there is guaranteed money for a span of time (15-20 years) but the building must select it when it comes time to air condition the facility.

Kind of a no-brainer to look into.

So basically we know Chris Carlson reads this board. The argument he is expounding on has been floated in this thread. It’s cool he reads here but atleast give a nod to the board.

Once the Dome undergoes the massive upgrades it is undertaking the deal is extinguished. I guess Carrier could sue in DC since SU technically has a campus there but that venue wouldn’t be a good one for Carrier based on the judges on the bench in DC.
A suit against SU in DC would never survive a motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction. DC is not SU’s “home” such that it would be subject to general jurisdiction, and nothing relating to this dispute presumably occurred in DC.

The Community Bank Dome. Headquarters are in Dewitt, Forbes lists it at #3 for the best banks in the country. Total assets valued at nearly 11 billion dollars.
Community Bank is a dump

A suit against SU in DC would never survive a motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction. DC is not SU’s “home” such that it would be subject to general jurisdiction, and nothing relating to this dispute presumably occurred in DC.

SU legal studies this hard in 2014 and since.

This Chancellor is a bit better than the last one.

SU legal studies this hard in 2014 and since.

This Chancellor is a bit better than the last one.

Fun fact: I interviewed the Chancellor about 15 years ago as a possible expert witness for a series of cases we had. He was a law prof at the time.

The law has actually gotten better since 2014 in avoiding a suit in DC. It’s really either New York or wherever Carrier’s home base is these days (and it’s iffy if Carrier could proceed in its home venue).

I grew up in CNY in the 70s/80s. Got to SU in 1984. The Dome has always been called The Dome. For CNYers, it was THE DOME. Always has been, always will be.

The only time “Carrier” was the prefix was on espn. Nobody cares what was or is written on a ticket, a program, etc.

Call it eminent domain, or manifest destiny, but carrier. This is our house and we will call it whatever we want to call it.

I grew up in CNY in the 70s/80s. Got to SU in 1984. The Dome has always been called The Dome. For CNYers, it was THE DOME. Always has been, always will be.

The only time “Carrier” was the prefix was on espn. Nobody cares what was or is written on a ticket, a program, etc.

Call it eminent domain, or manifest destiny, but carrier. This is our house and we will call it whatever we want to call it.

Agreed. It’s The Dome and always will be. Even if it changes to a fixed roof it’ll be The Dome. And even if Bill Fuccillo sticks his big, ugly mug up on the side of the building, it’ll still be The Dome.

so this just happened with a back and forth on the tweeter, which has since been deleted. And I had a damn good comeback FFS

I also learned that the writers for Syracuse.com get paid for the tweet and retweet, which I shouldn't find surprising. I do want them to spill insider information beyond what they can get from reading this website, which we're pretty certain they do.

This world frightens and confuses me, but couldn't it be interpreted that the maximum damages to Carrier are equal to and cannot exceed the amount of the gift?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom