The Cisco, Trill, Iffy Draft Watch Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

The Cisco, Trill, Iffy Draft Watch Thread

Correct. When you are reasonably confident (>90%) that you are about to be paid 7 figures, you say yes. Nothing is guaranteed, particularly that first draft pick In the career arc.

Not only could they get hurt, they could have a dip in performance (perceived or real) or other things could happen. When 1 outcome is 7 figures almost all the other outcomes are worse.
In the first half of the draft you're right, but after that they're not guaranteed 7 figures. They all sign 4 year contracts that are worth 7 figures but those contracts aren't guaranteed and guys that get cut won't see all of it. The signing bonuses drop a lot from one round to the next.

Last edited:
In the first half of the draft you're right, but after that they're not guaranteed 7 figures. They all sign 4 year contracts that are worth 7 figures but those contracts aren't guaranteed and guys that get cut won't see all of it. The signing bonuses drop a lot from one round to the next.
Which is why I said if you are confident (>90%) making seven figures. I didnt say confident getting drafted.

Which is why I said if you are confident (>90%) making seven figures. I didnt say confident getting drafted.
That's where I think Trill's decision is questionable. Some projections have him falling enough to miss out on the big guaranteed money. If he sticks in the league it won't matter though.

Last edited:
Trill is betting on himself rather than risk a second consecutive season where he gets hurt. Right call for him.

This.

Trill is an athletic freak who will crush it at the combine.
He’s got all of the measurables, and some some silly good highlights.

Dude is a playmaker.

This.

Trill is an athletic freak who will crush it at the combine.
He’s got all of the measurables, and some some silly good highlights.

Dude is a playmaker.
What combine? I thougnt all the physical testing was being done at the various school pro-days and SU already had theirs.

In my humble opinion Trill should have stayed another year.

I think his close relationship with iffy and Cisco got the best of him.

he’s a gifted player no doubt and will play on sundays. I just think he’s taking a harder path by leaving a year early.

I could be wrong but I don’t think I am on this one.

I hope all three make it big time. Could seriously help the view of Syracuse and be a major boost to recruiting.

In my humble opinion Trill should have stayed another year.

I think his close relationship with iffy and Cisco got the best of him.

he’s a gifted player no doubt and will play on sundays. I just think he’s taking a harder path by leaving a year early.

I could be wrong but I don’t think I am on this one.

I hope all three make it big time. Could seriously help the view of Syracuse and be a major boost to recruiting.

I agree with you. Love Trill - but think another year would have tremendously helped his draft stock. I believe Cisco and Iffy made good decisions. Wish we had all 3 for another year though! If all were healthy last season, I'm not sure it's a stretch to say it would have been the best SU secondary we've ever seen.

I agree with you. Love Trill - but think another year would have tremendously helped his draft stock. I believe Cisco and Iffy made good decisions. Wish we had all 3 for another year though! If all were healthy last season, I'm not sure it's a stretch to say it would have been the best SU secondary we've ever seen.
It would've been a good one. I'm not sure I would've taken it over 1997. Two first rounders with a bunch of other solid guys is tough to beat. Darius and Jones may be the two best all around safeties we've had and they were in the same secondary.

Last edited:
I would've been a good one. I'm not sure I would've taken it over 1997. Two first rounders with a bunch of other solid guys is tough to beat. Darius and Jones may be the two best all around safeties we've had and they were in the same secondary.
That is the 1 group I think you can argue against this one. I feel we're going to have 4 guys drafted (current 3 and Garrett Williams in a couple years). And I'll guess that 3 of them go top 2 rounds.

That is the 1 group I think you can argue against this one. I feel we're going to have 4 guys drafted (current 3 and Garrett Williams in a couple years). And I'll guess that 3 of them go top 2 rounds.
Yeah, this year looks to have more draftable guys. The debate would probably be whether Darius and Jones both being first round guys that were good pros for quite a while elevates '97 above them. It's a fun discussion. I didn't realize Darius led the team with 7 pics that year with Jones getting 4 more. 5 other guys had 1. I know Darius always had the hitter reputation but didn't realize he got that many ints. It's too bad Jones waited so long to change positions. How amazing would it have been to have had him in the 1996 secondary with Darius and Kevin Abrams? After Abrams 6 pics in '95, nobody bothered to throw his way in '96.

Last edited:
An ESPN+ article by Mel Kiper showed none of them being drafted in the first two rounds. Strange.

In an updated three-round draft with McShay and Kiper, they have Andre and Melifonwu going in the third round, both to the Eagles.

Last edited:
An ESPN+ article by Mel Kiper showed none of them being drafted in the first two rounds. Strange.

In an updated three-round draft with McShay and Kiper, they have Andre and Melifonwu going in the third round, both to the Eagles.
It seems like kipper is all about the program you played for. Leans towards the blue bloods. It seems some teams have been doing the same recently but I believe Cisco and iffy go 2nd round. Trill will get drafted but probable 5 or 6 round. Would have been a 1st or 2nd if he stayed one more year.

I know I saw something on espn last week where Kiper was making predictions about where guys would be drafted based on what he had heard from teams. And he also does his own analysis about where he thinks guys should go. Any idea which way this one was concieved?

I know I saw something on espn last week where Kiper was making predictions about where guys would be drafted based on what he had heard from teams. And he also does his own analysis about where he thinks guys should go. Any idea which way this one was concieved?
The most recent one was McShay and Kiper essentially playing GM, and looking for the best fit for each team through three rounds. At this point, I typically trust McShay more than Kiper, and both picks were made by McShay. They basically go back and forth making picks.

On his Big Board, he currently has Cisco as his fourth-ranked safety. Melifonwu is not in the top ten of cornerbacks. That was last updated on March 30th though.

Yeah, this year looks to have more draftable guys. The debate would probably be whether Darius and Jones both being first round guys that were good pros for quite a while elevates '97 above them. It's a fun discussion. I didn't realize Darius led the team with 7 pics that year with Jones getting 4 more. 5 other guys had 1. I know Darius always had the hitter reputation but didn't realize he got that many ints. It's too bad Jones waited so long to change positions. How amazing would it have been to have had him in the 1996 secondary with Darius and Kevin Abrams? After Abrams 6 pics in '95, nobody bothered to throw his way in '96.

Abrams was a lockdown guy! We really had some serious talent during that time-frame. Agree that it's a very good debate to have. And nice to be able to have it when talking about last year's roster. It gives me hope we can get there again.

The most recent one was McShay and Kiper essentially playing GM, and looking for the best fit for each team through three rounds. At this point, I typically trust McShay more than Kiper, and both picks were made by McShay. They basically go back and forth making picks.

On his Big Board, he currently has Cisco as his fourth-ranked safety. Melifonwu is not in the top ten of cornerbacks. That was last updated on March 30th though.
Kiper droning on about Sam Darnold based off of his draft eval three years ago over the years of NFL tape tells me everything I need to know

yea that GM thing was them picking who they would want. In McShays latest 2 round mock of who he thinks teams would take he has Iffy and Cisco both going in the 2nd round. Back to back with Cisco going to the Titans at 53 and Iffy going to the Colts at 54.

Cisco to me needs to be in the perfect system to make it in the NFL.. He doesnt cover all that well, he didnt really tackle much in our system where we needed it. he did an excellent job of catching bad passes for INT. he is physical enough to be an NFL safety? big unknown. but he seems to be getting some good looks.

Trill is betting on himself rather than risk a second consecutive season where he gets hurt. Right call for him.

Everyone should do what's best for them and I hope to hear his name called.

But you could say this about any player, any year. It's football and guys get hurt all the time.

I just hope he has no regrets after this all plays out. It's all a gamble when it's just a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom