The Dallas Cowboys deserve Tony Romo ... | Syracusefan.com

The Dallas Cowboys deserve Tony Romo ...

I love when he has these press conferences after games. Man you never saw wellington mara have a presser after the game when the giants lost. I hope he lives forever!

Last edited:
and especially Jerry Jones. There's just no end to the mirth. Please Jerry, live to be 100 years old, LOL!
Don't forget to add Jason Garrett in. Owner, Coach, Qb-all tied at the hip.

Romo has all the physical gifts which seems to be all that the talking heads that support him take into account. However, he lacks the judgment at crucial times and seems to think he can do anything instead of understanding what the situation requires. The latest meltdown is just the latest example.

To be fair it does not help that his HC doesn't seem to understand his job either. How their 4th quarter play calling happens at an NFL team is really puzzling. JJ is a fool to think he is qualified to his GM. I feel sorry for Dallas fans because nothing is going to change any time soon.

Hiring Bill Cowher would solve all the problems. If the Cowboys had run the ball in the 2nd half, they would have won.

Romo has all the physical gifts which seems to be all that the talking heads that support him take into account. However, he lacks the judgment at crucial times and seems to think he can do anything instead of understanding what the situation requires. The latest meltdown is just the latest example.

To be fair it does not help that his HC doesn't seem to understand his job either. How their 4th quarter play calling happens at an NFL team is really puzzling. JJ is a fool to think he is qualified to his GM. I feel sorry for Dallas fans because nothing is going to change any time soon.
You are right but once again the defense is the main culprit. Green Bay had five possessions in the second half and scored in every possession. Last week the Bears scored every time they had the ball. Next Sunday Kirk Cousins will be made into a H.O.F. qb. after playing against the cowboys defense.

"Understand that Romo is not without blame for Sunday's 37-36 loss to the Green Bay Packers: He's one of the goats in this epic Dallas collapse. But if you're pointing the finger of blame, you need to use an entire hand before getting around to Romo. The play selection on Sunday destroyed Dallas. The defense on Sunday, above all, deflated Dallas. The structure of the team, set up for failure, doomed Dallas."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ts-heat-what-about-monte-kiffin-jason-garrett

"Understand that Romo is not without blame for Sunday's 37-36 loss to the Green Bay Packers: He's one of the goats in this epic Dallas collapse. But if you're pointing the finger of blame, you need to use an entire hand before getting around to Romo. The play selection on Sunday destroyed Dallas. The defense on Sunday, above all, deflated Dallas. The structure of the team, set up for failure, doomed Dallas."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ts-heat-what-about-monte-kiffin-jason-garrett

True enough and the only guy who can change it is the guy that created it.

True enough and the only guy who can change it is the guy that created it.

Indeed. I've got $10 says Jerry's history is one of surrounding himself with cronies (Barry Switzer) and sycophants. Is it any wonder Jimmy Johnson got out of the looming gong show? George Steinbrenner's Yankees never won anything until he distanced himself and finally let baseball people make baseball decisions.

As I write this, the thought just occurred to me that perhaps Johnson was so skilled a head coach that he was able to deliver despite Jones' meddling, which seduced Jones into believing he was perhaps a football savant after all. How poetic would that be? LOL!

Honestly, I think Garrett was letting his offensive play caller hang himself the other night as a nice little one finger salute to Jerry for the nonsense he created in the offseason. Remember this?

Why anyone would want to work for Jones is beyond me. And Romo and Jones are perfect together.

Honestly, I think Garrett was letting his offensive play caller hang himself the other night as a nice little one finger salute to Jerry for the nonsense he created in the offseason. Remember this?

Why anyone would want to work for Jones is beyond me. And Romo and Jones are perfect together.

Actually no, I didn't know about that. Hmmm, how much longer has Garrett got on his contract? If he walks, he walks away from it, but if he's fired he still gets a big chunk to take with him.

Indeed. I've got $10 says Jerry's history is one of surrounding himself with cronies (Barry Switzer) and sycophants. Is it any wonder Jimmy Johnson got out of the looming gong show? George Steinbrenner's Yankees never won anything until he distanced himself and finally let baseball people make baseball decisions.

As I write this, the thought just occurred to me that perhaps Johnson was so skilled a head coach that he was able to deliver despite Jones' meddling, which seduced Jones into believing he was perhaps a football savant after all. How poetic would that be? LOL!

Excellent point. When George was suspended from managing the Yankees, Stick didn't trade away the young talent that formed the nucleus of the winning teams - Bernie, Derek etc.

Jimmy Johnson was able to deliver because he had one hell of a team to work with after the Hershel Walker trade. Aikman at qb, Emmett at running back, great receivers, great offensive line, defensive front four,Charles Haley, Tony Tolbert, Leon Lett, and Russell Maryland. That team would have been a dynasty similar to the Steelers of the 70's if not for free agency.

The current cowboys are highly overrated. There is not that much talent on that team and DeMarcus Ware is past his prime. Defense in particular needs a lot of help, and I heard Jerry say yesterday that since he writes the checks, don't look for a new G.M.

It is funny that Romo is always getting bashed. In the Green Bay game, Cole Beasley cut his route short and the pass was intercepted. The Cowboys are limited on talent and would be much worse without Romo. If you followed them closely, you would see that he is running for his life often. I must say, this year the line play has improved some. The guy can score 30 and lose, but the haters will place blame on him. I have never seen him play one play on defense.

He is #1 in the league in game winning drives since 2011. Several of the forced throws were on 4th down under pressure. My point is that in the Packers game, they scrolled 36 points. Shouldn't that be enough to win?

Before or after all his monumentally ill-timed picks?

BTW... What team do you root for? giants?...

He is #1 in the league in game winning drives since 2011. Several of the forced throws were on 4th down under pressure. My point is that in the Packers game, they scrolled 36 points. Shouldn't that be enough to win?
BTW... What team do you root for? giants?...

I submit one of the biggest problems the Dallas D has is Romo turning the ball over in the worst possible, team-morale-killing situations. So yes, he is part of the problem with their defense. How much is all conjecture for these message boards, where you're entitled to your opinions, and I to mine.

For the record, I cheer for the Jets, as I have since the mid 60's when Joe Namath arrived on the scene. No matter though, who I cheer for has no bearing on the fact that Romo is a perpetual, monumental screw up. And because of that, I'm happy he plays for Dallas. Here's one of my favorite articles (in case you missed it up above):

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000299491/article/tony-romos-10-most-heartbreaking-losses

Last edited:
Romo grew up idolizing Brett Favre. So far he has imitated Favres career well or at least the early part. Lots of big plays and numbers yet too many risky passes. He refuses to check down to the rbs even when its open nearly every play. Add to that Garretts obsession with the big play vs the smart play and a horrible overrated d line and you get what my cowboys are.

Romo grew up idolizing Brett Favre. So far he has imitated Favres career well or at least the early part. Lots of big plays and numbers yet too many risky passes. He refuses to check down to the rbs even when its open nearly every play. Add to that Garretts obsession with the big play vs the smart play and a horrible overrated d line and you get what my cowboys are.
I submit one of the biggest problems the Dallas D has is Romo turning the ball over in the worst possible, team-morale-killing situations. So yes, he is part of the problem with their defense. How much is all conjecture for these message boards, where you're entitled to your opinions, and I to mine.

For the record, I cheer for the Jets, as I have since the mid 60's when Joe Namath arrived on the scene. No matter though, who I cheer for has no bearing on the fact that Romo is a perpetual, monumental screw up. And because of that, I'm happy he plays for Dallas. Here's one of my favorite articles (in case you missed it up above):

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000299491/article/tony-romos-10-most-heartbreaking-losses

I would take Romo over any qb the Jets have had the last 20 years. Lol.. Jets fan...

Romo has not thrown downfield a whole lot this year. It will come out later that he has been injured all season. Early on when he tried to go deep, the ball fluttered. Granted there have been several bad timed interceptions, he doesn't have a lot to work with.
The Cowboys have bad coaching, bad drafting, a severely beat up defense, a line that is inconsistent, receivers that take plays off or cut off their routes and bad luck. Other than that, there aren't many issues.
This is coming from a lifelong Cowboys fan. Romo is not the problem. He is often put in position to fail. He has many come from behind wins, but once in awhile, maybe the defense could slow somebody down so the games aren't always shoot outs for them to have a chance.
31 tds 10 ints 3828 yds
28. 18. 4903
31. 10. 4184
These numbers are from the last three years. I would say there are at least 20 teams that would love to have Romo at the wheel.

I'm still laughing about the Jets fan bashing Romo.

2013Geno Smith (13)
2012Mark Sanchez (15) / Greg McElroy (1)
2011Mark Sanchez (16)
2010Mark Sanchez (16)
2009Mark Sanchez (15) / Kellen Clemens (1)
2008Brett Favre (16)
2007Chad Pennington (8) / Kellen Clemens (8)
2006Chad Pennington (16)
2005Brooks Bollinger (9) / Vinny Testaverde (4) / Chad Pennington (3)
2004Chad Pennington (13) / Quincy Carter (3)
2003Chad Pennington (9) / Vinny Testaverde (7)
2002Chad Pennington (12) / Vinny Testaverde (4)
2001Vinny Testaverde (16)
2000Vinny Testaverde (16)
1999Ray Lucas (9) / Rick Mirer (6) / Vinny Testaverde (1)
1998Vinny Testaverde (13) / Glenn Foley (3)
1997Neil O'Donnell (14) / Glenn Foley (2)
1996Frank Reich (7) / Neil O'Donnell (6) / Glenn Foley (3)
1995Boomer Esiason (12) / Bubby Brister (4)
1994Boomer Esiason (14) / Jack Trudeau (2)
1993Boomer Esiason (16)
1992Browning Nagle (13) / Ken O'Brien (3)

And, you're how old?

Last edited:
46. Why do you ask?

May I suggest you try to act it, then? I hesitated momentarily to say I'm a Jets fan because I knew you'd just come back with something as juvenile as you did, but then I thought what the heck, I have nothing to hide, for I'm just a fan. The rest makes no matter. I certainly know of the Jets record as well as anyone else does. Did you think you were telling me something I didn't know? Anyway, I cheer for the team just as I always have, and against the Cowboys just the same. And even if there never was a Jets team, Romo is who he is, and he helps make the Cowboys are who they are together. :)

May I suggest you try to act it, then? I hesitated momentarily to say I'm a Jets fan because I knew you'd just come back with something as juvenile as you did, but then I thought what the heck, I have nothing to hide, for I'm just a fan. The rest makes no matter. I certainly know of the Jets record as well as anyone else does. Did you think you were telling me something I didn't know? Anyway, I cheer for the team just as I always have, and against the Cowboys just the same. And even if there never was a Jets team, Romo is who he is, and he helps make the Cowboys are who they are together. :)

Act my age? Lol... I was stating my opinion. The Cowboys do have a lot of issues, but it isn't like the Jets haven't been a circus for many years. I just think it is quite humorous a Jets fan can bash another quarterback who is better than anything the Jets have had for two decades or more. I guess misery likes company. As a Cowboys fan, I know what the needs are for the team. A new starting quarterback isn't vey high on that list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom