"The Dome roof" | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

"The Dome roof"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, because contracts never get higher, travel costs never get higher, expenses never get higher, etc...

Not even close to true.
Our AD is in the Black before ACC TV money right now.
Donations, endowments, ticket sales, merchandizing, sponsorships dollars generate a profit.
Wildhack has done a good job cleaning it up.
The TV money is all profit.
The AD has put it into a rainy day fund and the university schools have asked for some of the profits. The AD has smartly given them scraps and kept the rest to build up a war chest.
The war chest isn’t hundreds of millions to build the revocations but it’s strong so they can do more projects independent of the BOT authorizing.

Yes, because contracts never get higher, travel costs never get higher, expenses never get higher, etc...

Not even close to true.
#1. I have read most of your posts over time and know that you’re very smart and end up being right a LOT.

#2. There is no reason to be so argumentative/abrasive, we are on the same team!

#3. On this subject you are wrong. This is my wheelhouse (I am stupid about most things, but finance has blessed me) and I feel strongly about it.

#1. I have read most of your posts over time and know that you’re very smart and end up being right a LOT.

#2. There is no reason to be so argumentative/abrasive, we are on the same team!

#3. On this subject you are wrong. This is my wheelhouse (I am stupid about most things, but finance has blessed me) and I feel strongly about it.
Fair enough. My apologies.

However, the TV money isn't ALL a net profit, which was more my point.

I'm curious: If state/local $$ become available if SU puts more skin into the game, how many here could live with a ticket price boost (we currently have cheap tickets) and how much? 25%, 50%? :confused:

I'm curious: If state/local $$ become available if SU puts more skin into the game, how many here could live with a ticket price boost (we currently have cheap tickets) and how much? 25%, 50%? :confused:
I can’t speak for appetite for ticket price boost, but I can say that my family would eat up any box/club seating that was made available.

I think you would see ticket prices rise (as they should at that point) but not all at once. Maybe 5% increases but not 25% in one year to the next, you know?

For example the $125 endzone football seats may go to $135, then $140, then $150.

I think what would be smart for SU to do would be to lock in their own pricing 3 years out.

Okay John Smith your price is $150 today, your renewal will be $160, and year 3 will be $170.

Just let people know as soon as you know

Well that's unfortunate.
I disagree. A proper rebuild keeps the dome on campus where students can come to it very easily. It doesn't set up for us out of towners and tailgaters super well, but it is an iconic venue, that with the proper TLC becomes a huge advantage for us in all our major sports. Building something marginal at the fair grounds is lame, and we aren't getting an NFL caliber stadium no matter how much land we find available. Lets use the advantage we have over other NE schools and make it even better!

I disagree. A proper rebuild keeps the dome on campus where students can come to it very easily. It doesn't set up for us out of towners and tailgaters super well, but it is an iconic venue, that with the proper TLC becomes a huge advantage for us in all our major sports. Building something marginal at the fair grounds is lame, and we are getting an NFL caliber stadium in any way. Lets use the advantage we have over other NE schools and make it even better!

That's fair. I understand your points but I want the Dome to be re imagined and recreated on South Campus, still on campus, just in a more open area. Just makes things easier to start new, IMO

Kudos SUskibum...not necessarily for the content of you reply - although I have no doubt this is your area of expertise(s) - but for the civility of your response to the OP.

This is why I had a headache for 10 years after graduating.
No idea, but my point was that there is a lot more to consider than just the money.
I will say that would not be relevant because this would be entirely separate support structure for a new fixed roof. The current structure was not built for compressive loading, and therefore can not be built upon.
Basically a new structure would be built with the current dome inside its footprint.
I could be wrong but I seem to remember something being said about the ability to add another tier if future demands warranted it, so maybe there are already some things in place for building upwards if My memory is correct.

Last edited:
Kudos SUskibum...not necessarily for the content of you reply - although I have no doubt this is your area of expertise(s) - but for the civility of your response to the OP.
Agreed I am on thin skinned side and couldn’t be as civil as that was.

Being the Carrier thing was a naming for the gift they gave more than it was naming rights, just leave it there and stick something in front of it. Example: the Toyota Carrier Dome.

Being the Carrier thing was a naming for the gift they gave more than it was naming rights, just leave it there and stick something in front of it. Example: the Toyota Carrier Dome.
What would really irk them would be sell additional rights to Rheem and have them donate the AC units on the reno.

"The Carrier Dome with air conditioning by Rheem!"

That would be awesome!

What would really irk them would be sell additional rights to Rheem and have them donate the AC units on the reno.

That would be awesome!
The threat of that alone should cause Carrier to renegotiate. :D

That would be awesome!
Maybe it will be the Carrier Dome with AC from Carrier.

Maybe it will be the Carrier Dome with AC from Carrier.
That would be great if they are going to pay the going rate for such naming rights. BUT not if they are gonna nickle and Dime the rights contract with their current position...it should be open to any and all suitors.

Jim Boeheim court sponsored by Trane.

Club44 brought to you by Lennox.

Also must never forget to have all the alums that call the games give a shout out to those companies.

That would be great if they are going to pay the going rate for such naming rights. BUT not if they are gonna nickle and Dime the rights contract with their current position...it should be open to any and all suitors.

Jim Boeheim court sponsored by Trane.

Club44 brought to you by Lennox.

Also must never forget to have all the alums that call the games give a shout out to those companies.
It's not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.