The fans are starting to turn | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The fans are starting to turn

To me, with the exception of Benny (I am still a Beeny fan), the Fs seem to know where they need to be rotation-wise, they just aren't quick enough to be effective consistently. The Gs need to be much more active. They should never have their hands down, let alone be standing still.
The forwards are below average defenders, is my point. And in a vacuum, might be worse than the guards. But with the way our defense needs to be run, it has only exacerbated the guards inability at that end.

It’s hard to see Syracuse finishing with a winning record this season so then what? I figured JB would retire this season and go out with his sons, but can anyone imaging him calling it quits on a losing season? He is the program but at this juncture when is enough? Will Wildhack do what he did with Desko?

What part of situational don't you understand? That's one possession in one game.

You’re the one that acted like we do it because of Buddy and Joe. We don’t do it all the time now either.

Is that the game marek didn’t even play 10 minutes and Q was at the 5? Yeah, great example, why don’t you use your bpm stats from last year like you like to use this year, or it doesn’t fit your narrative?

Um no. Lol. That’s from 2015.

The forwards are below average defenders, is my point. And in a vacuum, might be worse than the guards. But with the way our defense needs to be run, it has only exacerbated the guards inability at that end.
Yeah, I don't disagree with the thought that 4 of the 5 defenders are below average relative to SU zone standards. I do think, for the most part, they know the rotations, but lack the reaction speed. This was always going to be a problem with the way the roster was constructed. I still think that an even bigger fatal flaw is going to be defensive rebounding.

Is that the game marek didn’t even play 10 minutes and Q was at the 5? Yeah, great example, why don’t you use your bpm stats from last year like you like to use this year, or it doesn’t fit your narrative?

LOL. I never used advanced stats until you and others used them as the end all. I’m only following your narrative. Last year they weee golden, now they’re not? LOL. You have it backwards.

LOL. I never used advanced stats until you and others used them as the end all. I’m only following your narrative. Last year they weee golden, now they’re not? LOL. You have it backwards.
I rarely pull up advanced stats, regardless of any stats we’re 7-6 with a bunch of poor losses and we look no better than we did against Colgate yet we should keep doing the same thing game in and game out and expect different results?

i think if benny and symir got buddy minutes they would average double figures
You are dreaming, Benny has a terrible shot in games{line drive , low chance} although in practice and foul shooting it is totally different trajectory. He is simply not ready to compete at anything near this level on offense or defense.

You are dreaming, Benny has a terrible shot in games{line drive , low chance} although in practice and foul shooting it is totally different trajectory. He is simply not ready to compete at anything near this level on offense or defense.
2 buckets a half and two free throws a game. i think they could both do it if they got 40min/game

it has been eroded for sometime. the program has suffered. he is out of touch at this point. benny and symir need to be starting with cole and buddy off the bench. the defense is horrific. imho we have nothing to lose
seriously Buddy on the bench???? agree Symir should play more especially when Joe is off like last night and has a quick guard hawking him

If you watch the games closely on defense our defense is decent especially inside when our center stays home. When the center sprints to the wing we never have the weak side forward correctly positioned and so we give up easy points (or rebounds and points) every time the center sprints out. Why they forwards are hedging so high I cannot comprehend.

And our ball “screen” offense is a complete joke.

It’s probably time
you cannot play a zone with the way kids shoot today,they practice threes in the 5th grade ...thats why very few teams do and only use it occassionally

2 buckets a half and two free throws a game. i think they could both do it if they got 40min/game
Maybe(I do not think so) but we would lose every game.
Do not misunderstand me, I am not satisfied with our starters or their play. However playing the two you suggest for forty minutes would not be an improvement.
Benny has the athleticism but does not know how to properly use that.

Last edited:
We’ve been pushing the forwards up at times since at least 2015 if not earlier. There’s reasons we do it having nothing to do with guards not being able to guard the wings independently.
Super hard to read your posts, sorry personal opinion.

Here is how bad it is for me...i don’t know when next game is or who we are playing. And I had season tix for 30 years. It’s been getting worse every year over the past several.
Well I do not really like this post, however true. Tragic.

Did you note the 5 times he called out Jimmy for his shooting percentage or his FT percentage?
Come on. It took a 2-8 from the line for JB to say anything about one of his kids. Joe also gets the kid glove treatment. Joe has been making 2 to 3 inexplicable turnovers a game and JB has not said a word. On the flipside Symir, Jessie and Benny have frequently received deserved criticism but no more deserved than Jimmy, Buddy and especially Joe and those guys are spared the public ridicule.
I have no idea why JB thinks that calling guys out is constructive. We saw the selective treatment last year with Richmond. But it is common sense to think that it cannot help teambuilding not to mention it might not be productive for the program in the area of the transfer portal.

Do we think he is hanging around for 1,000 wins again or does he think he's got a shot at K's wins record? That's the only reason to stay, a compiler and it will take forever to beat K with these 18-14 seasons we seem to get every year

You’re the one that acted like we do it because of Buddy and Joe. We don’t do it all the time now either.
We don’t? Oh yes, now we play a 1-3-1 that we have never played.

Head coach searching for answers that aren’t coming.

Come on. It took a 2-8 from the line for JB to say anything about one of his kids. Joe also gets the kid glove treatment. Joe has been making 2 to 3 inexplicable turnovers a game and JB has not said a word. On the flipside Symir, Jessie and Benny have frequently received deserved criticism but no more deserved than Jimmy, Buddy and especially Joe and those guys are spared the public ridicule.
I have no idea why JB thinks that calling guys out is constructive. We saw the selective treatment last year with Richmond. But it is common sense to think that it cannot help teambuilding not to mention it might not be productive for the program in the area of the transfer portal.
Character revolt, hear Wildhack, Chancellor and trustees. I have seen it for years. He will discard you unless needed or challenged. I would not want my kid to play for him. So easy to see.

Do we think he is hanging around for 1,000 wins again or does he think he's got a shot at K's wins record? That's the only reason to stay, a compiler and it will take forever to beat K with these 18-14 seasons we seem to get every year
And I’m sure everyone knows this but he says he doesn’t care about that stuff. No one cares more about that stuff than him. I can promise you that

Yes, and for anyone that didn't watch the presser, watch it. You will see, it was an orchestrated attempt by Jim to "be fair" and call out his son. The problem, and what most of see here, is that it was low hanging fruit and what we all knew anyway. He didn't point out anything about his son that wasn't obvious. That's why he did it, clearly. The way that he even started his statement (about his son needing to make more free throws) was awkward as hell. If you love Jim and see no fault, fine. But, please, the man is not the coach he used to be. All the evidence in the world supports that. Jim needs to spend more time on the course and with Julie, or whatever he likes to do. Enough.

We are just spoiled. We expect winning basketball from Jim Boeheim. That’s what we have always gotten.
It’s like eating at fancy restaurants every night and then all the sudden your dad says tonight we dine on bologna sandwiches. It sucks.
We just want our steaks and seafood back.
We’ve been dining on bologna sandwiches for the better part of 7 years now in the regular season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom