THE Fiesta Bowl Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

THE Fiesta Bowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
See the following link for the NCAA take on the catch/football move (move common to football). Based on this site and the video (go to 6:50 mark), the issue is that the play was bang-bang, the receiver did not have opportunity to make a move common to football after the "catch" because he was hit immediately by the defender.

I like Herbie but you're out of your mind if u don't think he leans toward OSU. Lifelong Ohio guy that played for OSU. I can't blame him. Your analogy would be like if I had twins that went to G'town and all of a sudden I'm indifferent when they play the Orange. C'mon man.

Id be rooting for whatever team my kids were on regardless who they were playing.

Herbstreit moved out of Columbus 7-8 years ago to Nashville because he was constantly being chided by OSU homers about not being biased enough and he’s cooled towards them a lot since then. I’m not saying he can ever be completely impartial. But he hasn’t been biased in this game at all. If anything, I would argue this is the only match up with either of these teams that he wouldn’t be biased on. The only “pro-osu” comment was about the catch/fumble which honestly is harder to defend as an incomplete pass than the original fumble call and most would say the incomplete call is nonsense. Saying he’s openly cheering for OSU based upon what he’s actually said tonight is just not true.

Yeah I know the Nashville story. The first point I made is he shouldn't be doing this game to avoid any potential conflict of interest. I've listened to him a million times on play by play and in studio/game day and I think he leans scarlet and gray. Just my opinion.

It is pretty clear to me Herbstreit is rooting for Ohio State in the booth tonight.
It’s not a big deal but he is leaning scarlet and grey in this game.

Id be rooting for whatever team my kids were on regardless who they were playing.

lol yeah if they even got remotely near the field. Herbie's kid probably didn't even dress tonight.

Is Ryan Day trying to help people who bet Ohio State +2?
How do you kick the XP there. Only 11 minutes left you go for 2 and try to go up 3.

That was Garretonian. ;)

It is pretty clear to me Herbstreit is rooting for Ohio State in the booth tonight.
It’s not a big deal but he is leaning scarlet and grey in this game.
Well you also think the patriots never do anything wrong so...

Is Ryan Day trying to help people who bet Ohio State +2?
How do you kick the XP there. Only 11 minutes left you go for 2 and try to go up 3.

I’m a fan of coaches waiting until the 4th quarter to pull out the chart.

Day must be waiting for the 5th.

I’m all for excitement but I agree his big play schtick is tiresome.

He’s still at about 20% as excited as Gus Johnson would be on every play and there’s a lot of people on this board who love sideshow Gus.

He’s still at about 20% as excited as Gus Johnson would be on every play and there’s a lot of people on this board who love sideshow Gus.

Yeah, I’m not in that camp.

I’m stodgy & old school - prefer Keith Jackson’s understated “Whoa Nelly(s)!”

Horribly coached game by Dabo.
They are in a 2pt game in the 4th quarter against Ohio St. It can't be that bad of a game by Dabo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom