THE Fiesta Bowl Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

THE Fiesta Bowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herbie — “He was very deserving to think of himself [as the best DB in the country] that way.”

What a goof.

I want Clemson to win and that was clearly a catch and fumble. Football move my @$$

Do either of you realize herbstreit’s twins are walk ons at Clemson? He’s annoying for a lot of reasons, but he’s not favoring Ohio state here.

I like Herbie but you're out of your mind if u don't think he leans toward OSU. Lifelong Ohio guy that played for OSU. I can't blame him. Your analogy would be like if I had twins that went to G'town and all of a sudden I'm indifferent when they play the Orange. C'mon man.

Isaiah Simmons is a beast. He put Syracuse in the torture rack. Covers ground really well.

When it gets right down to it Fowler and Herbstreit are amateurs. Fowler will never be Musberger or Keith Jackson.

Am I the only one annoyed by Fowler's constant yelling.

When it gets right down to it Fowler and Herbstreit are amateurs. Fowler will never be Musberger or Keith Jackson.

Am I the only one annoyed by Fowler's constant yelling.

I’m all for excitement but I agree his big play schtick is tiresome.

Really bad playcalling by Swinney tonight. Run the ball.

A bubble screen where the number of blockers is equal to the number of defenders. Very innovative.

I like Herbie but you're out of your mind if u don't think he leans toward OSU. Lifelong Ohio guy that played for OSU. I can't blame him. Your analogy would be like if I had twins that went to G'town and all of a sudden I'm indifferent when they play the Orange. C'mon man.
Herbstreit moved out of Columbus 7-8 years ago to Nashville because he was constantly being chided by OSU homers about not being biased enough and he’s cooled towards them a lot since then. I’m not saying he can ever be completely impartial. But he hasn’t been biased in this game at all. If anything, I would argue this is the only match up with either of these teams that he wouldn’t be biased on. The only “pro-osu” comment was about the catch/fumble which honestly is harder to defend as an incomplete pass than the original fumble call and most would say the incomplete call is nonsense. Saying he’s openly cheering for OSU based upon what he’s actually said tonight is just not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom