The last Jim Boeheim Show of the season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The last Jim Boeheim Show of the season

It’s gotta be either
Oshae Brissett not wanting a reduced role and will just become a pro, Howard Washington being told to move because of the depth or Jalen Carey transferring out of frustration.
I don’t think Marek will go back to Europe yet outside of the Italy trip we have scheduled this May.
I don’t think Marek is going anywhere. I wonder why would Oshae have a reduced role next season? I’d think JB would set him up to be a key guy next year. Also, Other than 3-pt shooting and foul shooting, I think Oshae has been better of late, especially attacking the basket. Hopefully he can fix his shooting woes next year.

Marek isn’t going anywhere. Why would Oshae have a reduced role next season? I’d think JB would set him up to be a key guy next year. Also, Other than 3-pt shooting and foul shooting, I think Oshae has been better of late, especially attacking the basket. Hopefully he can fix his shooting woes next year.

Guerrier/Hughes/Oshae/Marek/Braswell is a pretty stacked forward rotation and to this point Oshae hasn't lived up to being the key guy.

Marek isn’t going anywhere. Why would Oshae have a reduced role next season? I’d think JB would set him up to be a key guy next year. Also, Other than 3-pt shooting and foul shooting, I think Oshae has been better of late, especially attacking the basket.
Brissett shouldn’t be a 30 MPG guy unless his shooting is a lot better.
We will have options so he may get the Paul Harris boot or decide to move on.
Guerrier and Braswell could push for minutes.
None of our guys should play more than 30MPG as the talent isn’t elite or they are hot in that game.

Elite guys should play 30+ MPG. Using the bench on a game by game basis should be used with the depth we will have next year.

Losing OB isn't as big of a loss as some will make it.

It would be a huge loss. Not because I think he should be a 35 min guy or our primary scorer, but because he will have two years in the program, should be a year better and he has skills. The idea that we can afford to simply cast him off is ridiculous. We don’t have a forward that deserves 35+ mins. We have four or five guys that should split the minutes and contribute different things depending on the matchup and who is playing well on a given night. And OB is the most experienced of the group.

Of course he means “downturn” in relation to our usual top 15-25 success, but better than most programs. It’s easier to jump back up into the top rung from where we are than where most programs are. We’ll get there. If we can get to 11-7 in the ACC, win a game or two in the ACC tourney and go on a little run in the big dance, I’ll feel better that we’re starting to turn the corner. Gotta find a good offensive big man. Hopefully we can pick somebody up from overseas or a decommitment or transfer from one of these teams that get hammered by the NCAA over the FBI probe.

I really think there will be some solid players who become immediately available in the wake of these investigations. The NCAA would be foolish to not drop the proverbial hammer here.

With regards to the JB comments, first, im happy JB addressed that there are issues and stated that things have not been where they should be these past 4-5 years. It takes a lot to say that so its def a credit to him. He also identified 3 specific problems within the program that require change/improvement. Going forward, im VERY interested to see what changes occur in those 3 areas to facilitate the necessary change to get the program back on track here. It appears JB has a lot of work a head of him.

It would be a huge loss. Not because I think he should be a 35 min guy or our primary scorer, but because he will have two years in the program, should be a year better and he has skills. The idea that we can afford to simply cast him off is ridiculous. We don’t have a forward that deserves 35+ mins. We have four or five guys that should split the minutes and contribute different things depending on the matchup and who is playing well on a given night. And OB is the most experienced of the group.

People had the same argument about Paul Harris and Harris was a better player.

Last edited:
did find this fossil evidence of a syracuse team last pushing tempo ...

history_archaeology_khoisan_rock_painting_of_running_people-2.jpg

1552093214905.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom