The latest all encompassing recruiting thread | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

The latest all encompassing recruiting thread

Just the facts not "group" opinion

My guy, Rutgers being a FG away from #1 and a National Championship berth is not even close to a fact. Their recruiting got some good kids but they never had much better classes than we did, but Dohn always overrated the kids they got.

You have some valid points sometimes but love to argue about random stuff that has been discussed ad nauseum. It's exhausting.

Every new Rutgers coach we get a closet Rutgers fan who believes Dohns bloated inflated recruiting numbers and year after year they lose, shed their best recruits and end up getting historically manhandled by the B1G.

We can point to our most recent 10 win season or the time we beat #2 Clemson, either of which would easily rank in the top 3 events in Rutgers history.

We’re not where we want to be but at least we’re not them.

Imagine reading challenged individuals making posts here.

1arutgirlsWtojgQZtYW9j.gif

And, have you ever worked in the field of Higher Education (college & university)?
I have and I am not saying that all schools, in the south, are not on a par with the academic rigor of Syracuse. I am, from long -standing experience, knowledgeable of some of the inequities in education systems in numerous areas of the south and, for example, a school like Jamesville-DeWitt, in Onondaga county is considered by many admissions counselors to be in par with Prep. Schools. When a student is primarily educated in New York, he/she is often considered better prepared that those in Florida, for example! (Enough about this; not trying to drag this thread into anything that is not about student athlete.

I don't need to work in higher ed ... I have worked with professionals with degrees from various universities across the country. Those who can do ... those who can't teach. I have also recruited students from various universities across the country so I have dealt with students in multiple geographies. I attended a very small high school in NY before my time at SU and had classes with JD kids ... if they are prep school caliber then someone is getting cheated. I would stack up schools like Johns Creek, Mill Creek or Milton down here against JD any day and twice on Sunday. Like I said myth.

You missed my point; it's not that JD is superior to other upstate schools; it's that New York schools prepare students for the rigors of a North Eastern college education better than many places in the south! The recruiting issue is that our base of talent is lacking when comparing it to southern states with deeper talent pools. However, we must re recruit players that can make it academically at our place. Sure, when you look at associating professionally with college grads, you are looking at the best from each area and college. It's not that students in the N.E. are more gifted; they are just better prepared in K-12, typically, when you are looking at public education.(now if you and others still wish to continue to hash this over; let's please do so away from a recruits thread)

Look at all those southern schools ranked higher than SU recruiting these same kids from the south. Seriously just stop ... stick with creating graphics with the same god awful font over and over. Those schools I listed weren’t NE schools they were schools in GA that put out their fair share of quality students compared to a JD. Each and every state has great schools and poor schools ... this regional BS makes my head hurt. It makes it worse when recruits from the south and even parents come here and see this crap. The City of Rochester at one point had a city school graduation rate of 43%. How about instead of speaking about something you know very little about while turning off southern recruits you leave it alone.

And there goes any point you were trying to make.

You missed my point; it's not that JD is superior to other upstate schools; it's that New York schools prepare students for the rigors of a North Eastern college education better than many places in the south! The recruiting issue is that our base of talent is lacking when comparing it to southern states with deeper talent pools. However, we must re recruit players that can make it academically at our place. Sure, when you look at associating professionally with college grads, you are looking at the best from each area and college. It's not that students in the N.E. are more gifted; they are just better prepared in K-12, typically, when you are looking at public education.(now if you and others still wish to continue to hash this over; let's please do so away from a recruits thread)
My one nephew was educated in a school in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex area. He was recruited as a student athlete by multiple Ivy universities, attended and graduated from one in engineering. I would say that you're showing your Northeast bias.

Probably Henderson. or, maybe some mystery commit. or.. um, that's the only choices I have

Rooks is incredible. There is likely no fanbase that would value him the way Syracuse would for a number of reasons. He is a legacy. We think very highly of his father here. We passionately want to get back to greatness, and we know he would be a big part of it. He wouldn't be just another high end recruit. He would be on the front wave of the new golden era of Syracuse Football. He would be remembered for that.
I’m swooning. Calgon take me away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom