The latest all encompassing recruiting thread | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

The latest all encompassing recruiting thread

Plop, plop, fizz, fizz oh what a relief it is.

Used to love that one when I was a kid, so many rhyming uses and a great doody song.

Don't forget, you always had to make body/facial expressions to match the words of the slogan. And of course, all cool kids changed fizz to piss.

I certainly hope George Rooks doesn't decide today's a good day to google his name. Why can't we discuss a recruit for once? Why not watch his tape and discuss his potential?

We can do nonsense like this on the football board.
Why? Has the potential changed since his video was last viewed? Has he played more games.
At a very early point in time it all becomes re-hash of re-hash of the same comments by people who have never seen the kid or talked to him. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
Absent new information, these side trips are fun.

How many on here are qualified enough to do that? Haven't those guys already expressed their opinion?
No one has to be qualified to do that. Not many people on this board actually do that. That's why it's all stupid name puns and arguments about our recruiting class rankings half the time

No one has to be qualified to do that. Not many people on this board actually do that. That's why it's all stupid name puns and arguments about our recruiting class rankings half the time
Stupid as in clever?

Complaining about name puns ad naseum is worse than name puns. Just saying. We have good mods. Let them do their job .. and keep this about Rooks.
Quit ruining threads with annoying puns and I'll stop complaining - just sayin.

Bizarre that you complain about someone trying to keep the threads about the recruits and then request to keep the threads about the recruits. Again - just saying.

Quit ruining threads with annoying puns and I'll stop complaining - just sayin.

Bizarre that you complain about someone trying to keep the threads about the recruits and then request to keep the threads about the recruits. Again - just saying.
Rooks is a great talent. I like posts about him a lot more than pompous takes from self-appointed 'mods'. j/s :)

Last edited:
Oh. I thought you wanted legitimate insight.
I love watching tape. I'm not a coach, though, so when I get insights from friends in the industry, or folks like Money and JackBauer and a few others on this board it teaches me something. And allows me to get an idea of how a kid will look in Orange.

Wish we had more of that is all I'm saying.

I love watching tape. I'm not a coach, though, so when I get insights from friends in the industry, or folks like Money and JackBauer and a few others on this board it teaches me something. And allows me to get an idea of how a kid will look in Orange.

Me too. Can’t get enough of that.

You left out somebody -- if you go to the General, you could save some time on these evaluations.

the passion with which you defend these name puns is admirable
That isn't the point. Some of them were tasteless. But there's a bigger issue. While everyone's entitled to an opinion, I don't respond well to people who anoint themselves as board arbiters and declare what's funny and what isn't. Offensive posts should be reported to the Mods - it's not a difficult concept. We all want recruiting to go well and if anything is likely to offend a recruit or family - I agree it's not a good idea.

Last edited:
I don't see how the B1G not playing is a factor. He'll be on campus next season.
If anything, schools not playing have nothing but time to recruit and scout prospects

Don't you think we'd be stressing out if the ACC threw in the towel while the B1G forged on?
Being on stage is better for recruiting than hiding in a safe place.
I think it depends on who you are. Are you an established blue blood or someone trying to get back to relevance.

But the question is more about whether them playing now matters to him not how nervous it makes the fanbase. It doesn't affect whether he'll get to play next year, so I think the impact is minimal. Seeing as Michigan is a known quantity, them missing the season matters less to them than it does to us, since we could have the chance to raise our profile with a good season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom