The LEGEND of Garret Shrader begins | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The LEGEND of Garret Shrader begins

On a completely side note. I’ve been roasting for over 15 years. Utica coffee is usually pretty good but happy to recommend some others to check out as well. I’d send you my own roasts but I’m only roasting for myself.
Always open for a good coffee recco.

View attachment 209371
81FADEDD-DE86-472D-B3EA-7588CFF61BFD.jpeg

Been saying it from day one!
Wrong squirrel, Dude.

Live_Action_Squirrel_With_Big_Balls.png

He was great today. Consistency in passing has and will continue to be the focus area. I’m not sure if his mechanics make it such for it to be difficult for him to be consistent but I don’t care what he looks like if he throws like he did today. Those 2 TD passes were gems and I love his ad lib stuff like the pitch to Jackson on the sideline in the bubble screen spot.

The guy is a leader and he makes things happen. That brings a lot more than we’ve had since Dungey left. This should be the blueprint going forward. It’s no coincidence we now have a consistent functional offense. Having a mobile QB helps every other facet of the offense.

I said ti in another thread. I was sooooo wrong. I rooted for Tommy DeVito but after watching Garrett Shrader for the past five weeks, it's obvious who the starting quarterback should be. The young man has that "it" factor and is exciting to watch. I can't wait for the BC game now. Go Orange!
Welcome aboard the Shredder Train.

Now where is Cusian?

He was great today. Consistency in passing has and will continue to be the focus area. I’m not sure if his mechanics make it such for it to be difficult for him to be consistent but I don’t care what he looks like if he throws like he did today. Those 2 TD passes were gems and I love his ad lib stuff like the pitch to Jackson on the sideline in the bubble screen spot.

The guy is a leader and he makes things happen. That brings a lot more than we’ve had since Dungey left. This should be the blueprint going forward. It’s no coincidence we now have a consistent functional offense. Having a mobile QB helps every other facet of the offense.
There's a lot of meat on the bone. Quite a few drops, and he threw some ducks/bad balls.

For as well as it feels like he did because the plays happened when we needed them, he was under 50% today.

Of course he also ran for a load and 3TDs, so...

There's a lot of meat on the bone. Quite a few drops, and he threw some ducks/bad balls.

For as well as it feels like he did because the plays happened when we needed them, he was under 50% today.

Of course he also ran for a load and 3TDs, so...
The one over the middle he was hit when he threw, and that was after Servais got shifted out to tackle and the line looked shakier.

There were some drops - his deep throw to Sharod should have been caught for a TD for example. Queeley in the back of the end zone as well. But he got helped a couple of times on fastballs and throws behind guys on short routes too.

I like Alford and Jackson, I’d love to see another receiver that’s Steve Ishmael or Alec Lemon like that is just super consistent, strong hands and is both a short and deep threat. If we can add someone like that it will help Shrader a lot.

Last edited:
If schader plays like he did today and improves or continues to improve passing the football we can obviously beat anybody in the ACC and quite a few other teams at the top, give them a run for their money if not beat!
With that we really don't have a glaring weakness as a whole in terms of offense and defense & I don't think our special teams is that bad especially if our kicker returns to his old form!!
We just have to stay healthy!!! especially on the offensive line, & and most importantly Schrader and Tucker
#1 for SU success next couple years.
Shrader Big Balls could get rolled -would be the killer after today's uplifting W and resulting optimism!

Same as with Dungey, just hope Shrader keeps getting back up after each punishing hit!

Reactions: FAL
The one over the middle he was hit when he threw, and that was after Servais got shifted out to tackle and the line looked shakier.

There were some drops - his deep throw to Sharod should have been caught for a TD for example. Queerly in the back of the end zone as well. But he got helped a couple of times on fastballs and throws behind guys on short routes too.

I like Alford and Jackson, I’d love to see another receiver that’s Steve Ishmael or Alec Lemon like that is just super consistent, strong hands and is both a short and deep threat. If we can add someone like that it will help Shrader a lot.
Yeah Queeley had a rough game. Lots of drops, which seems uncharacteristic, and lost that one TD in the sun.

His last drop might have helped us though. He had no chance of making the first down and we would have burned a lot of clock if he hung on.

Yeah Queeley had a rough game. Lots of drops, which seems uncharacteristic, and lost that one TD in the sun.

His last drop might have helped us though. He had no chance of making the first down and we would have burned a lot of clock if he hung on.
I forgot to say I like Pena as well as another slot guy. And maybe Umari Hatcher develops into that other WR I’m hoping for.

I would like to see some more option plays, and I’m not just saying that because it was our identity a lifetime ago. Shader and tucker is an awesome 1-2 combo to run that with and it keeps the ball in shraders hands while keeping tucker involved as an option.

Not to kick the departed but Tommy would have been in Intensive Care after the sack as well.

When a guy is the size of Larry Czonka, he has the guts to stand in there and make the throw. Incredible game for the bearded man.
Shrader needs an NIL t-shirt that is just a silhouette of his beard with the THE BEARD and his number printed over the top. I'm buying one when he does.

If schader plays like he did today and improves or continues to improve passing the football we can obviously beat anybody in the ACC and quite a few other teams at the top, give them a run for their money if not beat!
With that we really don't have a glaring weakness as a whole in terms of offense and defense & I don't think our special teams is that bad especially if our kicker returns to his old form!!
We just have to stay healthy!!! especially on the offensive line, & and most importantly Schrader and Tucker
Our special teams, outside of Pena, are bad.

There were some drops - his deep throw to Sharod should have been caught for a TD for example. Queeley in the back of the end zone as well. But he got helped a couple of times on fastballs and throws behind guys on short routes too.

I had a man crush on Alec Lemon. He and Nassib always showed up when it counted most.

Our special teams, outside of Pena, are bad.
Well yeah crappy punter & id say average kicker THIS SEASON but i dont think our coverage is that bad at all. Question, did we lose our punter for the year cause williams is terrible and does SOMEBODY know What happened to andre smyzt????

#1 for SU success next couple years.
Shrader Big Balls could get rolled -would be the killer after today's uplifting W and resulting optimism!

Same as with Dungey, just hope Shrader keeps getting back up after each punishing hit!
Well every QB takes hits from time to time. Our offensive line, its night & day! Also good for us he's a big boy but can limit schaders designed runs a tad, he's very exciting coming out of the pocket or designed since Mcnabb but we also have a heisman talent in the backfield

Well yeah crappy punter & id say average kicker THIS SEASON but i dont think our coverage is that bad at all. Question, did we lose our punter for the year cause williams is terrible and does SOMEBODY know What happened to andre smyzt????
I think Szmyt needs a sports psychologist. It really looks like he's in his own head and can't get out.

In addition, this might be really reading into things far too closely, but a couple weeks ago there was an interview he gave where he was talking about his journey in Div. I football and how he went from being an unheralded recruit to starting for Syracuse, and he said, "And now I'm on the verge of being that all time leader in points scored at Syracuse." I cringed a bit on that last statement. There's a part of me that said, "That's his focus. He got lost in that idea and it's gotten bigger than him."

I'm a big believer in humility and how that drives you to continue to work hard. You may not recognize it, but it's easy to slip into resting on your past accomplishments.

That's my take on what's going on with Szmyt. Like everyone else, I am only guessing.

I think Szmyt needs a sports psychologist. It really looks like he's in his own head and can't get out.

In addition, this might be really reading into things far too closely, but a couple weeks ago there was an interview he gave where he was talking about his journey in Div. I football and how he went from being an unheralded recruit to starting for Syracuse, and he said, "And now I'm on the verge of being that all time leader in points scored at Syracuse." I cringed a bit on that last statement. There's a part of me that said, "That's his focus. He got lost in that idea and it's gotten bigger than him."

I'm a big believer in humility and how that drives you to continue to work hard. You may not recognize it, but it's easy to slip into resting on your past accomplishments.

That's my take on what's going on with Szmyt. Like everyone else, I am only guessing.
Sure! Definately makes sense. may need to be benched, maybe reignite a fire under his a#$

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom