The masses are catching on | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

The masses are catching on

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB says things again. His backers will take that hook line and sinker and believe every word.
Just like hacks Paulie and Infante just nodding their heads and confirming with each other in that video.

No follow up question, "well Jim how many guys did you officially offer where that was the case for them not coming here?"

Pathetic on both sides of this interview

Guys and women on teams are getting money. Maybe he meant to say we are getting outbid.
I don't really recall reading that our guys are getting money, except in a few promotional instances, but if they are, we are definitely getting outbid.

I don't really recall reading that our guys are getting money, except in a few promotional instances, but if they are, we are definitely getting outbid.
Not all of this stuff is being printed in the Daily Orange. More is being printed for schools with huge booster networks who like the publicity. But Syracuse has ways to get cash for players. JAB didn't want to portal this year outside of Hima to replace Frank.

Not all of this stuff is being printed in the Daily Orange. More is being printed for schools with huge booster networks who like the publicity. But Syracuse has ways to get cash for players. JAB didn't want to portal this year outside of Hima to replace Frank.
If we have a bunch of five star recruits, that's one thing, but not to have top recruits, basically gives no one the right to scream anything from the rooftops.

Bottom line: Cuse did a poor job rolling out the NIL program. Hopefully we can play catch up. One telling sign will be with our highly recruited QB. Is someone going to drop a bigger bag on his front porch? That will tell us everything we need to know about the future direction of sports at Syracuse.

If we have a bunch of five star recruits, that's one thing, but not to have top recruits, basically gives no one the right to scream anything from the rooftops.

Bottom line: Cuse did a poor job rolling out the NIL program. Hopefully we can play catch up. One telling sign will be with our highly recruited QB. Is someone going to drop a bigger bag on his front porch? That will tell us everything we need to know about the future direction of sports at Syracuse.
What transfer basketball players were we rumored to be involved with outside of Hima and Ballard?

What transfer basketball players were we rumored to be involved with outside of Hima and Ballard?
I never said we were. But the recruiting world is small enough that people know who is and who isn't playing. How many top recruits have we lost? How many recruits are coming here next year?

Like I said, hopefully we can play catch up.

I hope I am wrong, but I don’t think we will ever be a perennial top 15 type of program again. Money, the ability for parents to watch games from anywhere, bloom off the rose, etc. It will take an extraordinary coach to bring us back.
This is not true at all.

There may be one off years here and there, but a "perennial Top 15 type program" is not unattainable.

That's basically being a 4 seed year in and year out. Given resources, affiliation, etc., that should be feasible.

Bs, weitsman has millions he’s opened up willing to give
If we want to compete with NIL, we will need more than Weitsman. We know JB won’t put in the effort so $1M will most likely get one top transfer or a top 25 (not top 5) freshman.

So, we don't have money?

If you're playing a game and that game gets transferred to Mars, you go to Mars.
If they say you have to play underwater, you get the best swimmers.
If it takes money, you get the money.

Not winning those types of battles means we either really don't have the resources or we didn't have the energy/interest. If it's the former, then it's on JW. If the latter, it's JB. Either way, JW is ultimately responsible, and if he got pushback from JB on the matter, JB should be gone already.

This is not smart.

Once we get more boosters and businesses entering the Nil game, there will be more. I know we have Weitzman ponying up some serious money in the future but I don't think that was available last year. Others need to step up though.

I never said we were. But the recruiting world is small enough that people know who is and who isn't playing. How many top recruits have we lost? How many recruits are coming here next year?

Like I said, hopefully we can play catch up.
Pretty sure Judah is getting NIL money to come here.

Again I think the excuse is valid if we offered more guys. JB didn't want transfer forwards. He was set with the young guys once Swider declared.

He barely offered anybody from the portal!...He didnt even try to upgrade his roster by using it. He only offered Quincy Ballard and Hima.

They should have been sending out offers with the intention to improve the roster not just replace Frank Anselm, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Yep.

7b3cde95-aab4-4817-ba6a-92ac56b5fb10-jpeg.216961

The portal/paying players stuff is ridiculous, but 100% agree with him on Mintz and playing the lead guard.

Also, and this has been a few times, he doesn't sound great on those call in shows at times. Maybe it's just me though.

I thought we didn’t portal because he loved the freshmen coming in and he didn’t want to scare any of them away? Or something along those lines. We didn’t even try.

He just says things. He would be in the hall of fame of saying words if it existed.

I thought we didn’t portal because he loved the freshmen coming in and he didn’t want to scare any of them away? Or something along those lines. We didn’t even try.

He just says things. He would be in the hall of fame of saying words if it existed.
Exactly, we didnt try. What he should have said was I overrated my freshman class and didn't even try to get anyone. Didn't want them to come here and have more competition.

If that part of not wanting to scare any of them away is true, then we are broken and soo soft as a program and it shows on the court.

Exactly, we didnt try. What he should have said was I overrated my freshman class and didn't even try to get anyone. Didn't want them to come here and have more competition.

If that part of not wanting to scare any of them away is true, then we are broken and soo soft as a program and it shows on the court.
My favorite thing was the exchange last week when he was like “Chris Bell said he didn’t rebound in HS and i can see that now”. It’s obvious JB never really watched any of these kids lol.

We had a bunch of football players being recruited $$$ by other schools and they all stayed...

My favorite thing was the exchange last week when he was like “Chris Bell said he didn’t rebound in HS and i can see that now”. It’s obvious JB never really watched any of these kids lol.
If the kid said that, and you expect him to rebound here, why are you still recruiting him?

Clown show

We had guys selling T-shirts and cereal. Other schools had boosters giving out six and maybe seven digit paydays.
So do we. How do you think we kept our top football players and Benny too? Don’t kid yourselves that we aren’t putting out money. That’s JB’s excuse for not using the portal. If he wanted someone bad enough, he could have had him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom