The masses are catching on | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

The masses are catching on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Nova's fall from the elite will be much faster than what we are currently experiencing in the never ending JB swan song. I also think our return to prominence will be much faster than Nova's as well when the school finally takes the program back from JB.

I mean Nova might have it together by the end of the season and sneak into the tournament and win a couple games. They have an excuse for the bad start first games without Wright and injuries.

They also could accept quickly that Neptune isn't the guy and be bidding against us. Ditto Lville. Hopefully those two schools keep their coaches another year.

I'd love for SU to get Underwood. He's going to be very expensive. He's making close to $4M a year and his contract runs through 2026 so it's going to be pretty hefty if this is the offseason they do it.
Underwood can get players, cant win a lick in the tourney unfortunately.

I posted in the game thread, to me he looks like a pro-wrestling heel's manager like Bobby Heenan, Paul Heyman, etc

JB is probably going to fly off the handle at the next presser. I guarantee Juli and JW are telling to keep quiet but he can’t help himself. He’ll come out with both guns blazing and say a bunch of ridiculous stuff and look like a complete arse.
I bet it comes after we upset a team and not after a loss. He'll flex his muscles then.

ND is very good this year and are smoking MSU right now. That will be another blowout loss for us this weekend sadly.
Call me crazy but I'm actually hoping the team finds something this weekend and somehow manages to win and then uses that as a springboard into a relatively easy schedule before the ACC portion begins.

Underwood can get players, cant win a lick in the tourney unfortunately.

I posted in the game thread, to me he looks like a pro-wrestling heel's manager like Bobby Heenan, Paul Heyman, etc
Eh, I don't really care about that. Make enough tournaments with high seeds and you'll break through eventually. And I'm pretty sure none of Underwood's tournament teams were even favored to win their games until he got to Illinois anyway. I just want consistent bites at the apple - I'll worry about the tournament results when those actually become an issue.

He barely offered anybody from the portal!...He didnt even try to upgrade his roster by using it. He only offered Quincy Ballard and Hima.

They should have been sending out offers with the intention to improve the roster not just replace Frank Anselm, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Agreed... he's gotten lazy. I actually think we're lucky to have landed Hima. If he stays, he's at least a good defensive center, much better than I expected.

4FDD4E1F-28FE-43A3-9C3B-E38736D53E0C.gif

Call me crazy but I'm actually hoping the team finds something this weekend and somehow manages to win and then uses that as a springboard into a relatively easy schedule before the ACC portion begins.

That is exactly what other programs are saying when they see us on the schedule.

bat s crazy

Whether JB is correct or not, this is why SU should have been front and center with the NIL. You have the David B. Falk College of Sports Management, and you have our AD with all his background dealing with TV and contracts. There is no excuse to be behind any school in the country in having the financial ability to help bring in basketball players. Falk was Jordan's agent. Jordan's daughter went to Syracuse. Can any of those connections benefit us in any fashion now? It seems like we are always trying to catch up with the pack.

Whether JB is correct or not, this is why SU should have been front and center with the NIL. You have the David B. Falk College of Sports Management, and you have our AD with all his background dealing with TV and contracts. There is no excuse to be behind any school in the country in having the financial ability to help bring in basketball players. Falk was Jordan's agent. Jordan's daughter went to Syracuse. Can any of those connections benefit us in any fashion now? It seems like we are always trying to catch up with the pack.

Athletes at SU in multiple sports benefit from NIL.

Not sure why JB said it like we don't, we do.

What table we have guys on that team and other teams getting paid. If he just didn't want to do it just say so...
We had guys selling T-shirts and cereal. Other schools had boosters giving out six and maybe seven digit paydays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom