The Program is in free fall | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Program is in free fall

Is it recruiting, coaching or both?
Way more coaching than the recruiting. We do absolute basic/simple things wrong offensively (conceptually and schematically). It's honestly shocking

They're an embarrassment. Boeheim has gotta figure out how to stop the bleeding. He doesn't have elite talent to make up for their lack of skill and fundamentals.

3-17 in the ACC, book it, maybe 5-15 if things break right

I was told that QG would be a very very good player. 1 and done.

Maybe these players are very good coming in and the system they are playing in is not. Always so funny when people get mad when a player chooses a different school. Systems matter and can make someone look really bad and I think this is the case for several players

Maybe these players are very good coming in and the system they are playing in is not. Always so funny when people get mad when a player chooses a different school. Systems matter and can make someone look really bad and I think this is the case for several players
I don’t know. We just don’t have the high-level athletes we usually have on the roster. We’re getting out-physicalized and bullied by more athletic teams, something that rarely happened in the past. The only way to salvage this season is to get good to great movement on offense and start knocking down 3s.

Our shooters would look much better if defenses had to worry about a post player. Teams just overplay everyone and don’t care if we throw it inside.
And our post players don't rebound or play great defense. So at least play Edwards who can shoot and pass.

Come on now. Downtown Syracuse was a vacant ghost town in the 70s/80s/90s and now it's a much, much more vibrant place. But that's another thread topic entirely.

After living here for my first 24 years then coming back after 7 for 3 then bailing for 4 then coming back and leaving for 3 and being back then leaving again for 1 and being back. This town is not in a good spot. At least in 2012 there was basketball buzz. Now there is zero.

it's not coaching - the chickens have come home to roost - when most of ur recruits are rated 100 or higher - there is a good chance u got recruits that are 100 or higher - we have no talent whatsoever outside of Hughes

Come on now. Downtown Syracuse was a vacant ghost town in the 70s/80s/90s and now it's a much, much more vibrant place. But that's another thread topic entirely.
Downtown Syracuse and vibrant should never be used in the same sentence.

Is anyone surprised ? When you recruit like Virginia Tech, you get results like Virginia Tech, or maybe worse because JB has always needed elite talent to compete. We’re certainly not out scheming anybody.

I always took pride in the Yankees success being home grown through the farm system... guys like Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, etc.. That being said, our best player is a transfer from East Carolina. So much for recruiting. Mike Hopkins leaving... ouch. Hope JB gets the fulfillment he's looking for in his sunset years here coaching. Meanwhile us fans will endure the product. Maybe Buddy will leave early for the NBA lol.

Is anyone surprised ? When you recruit like Virginia Tech, you get results like Virginia Tech, or maybe worse because JB has always needed elite talent to compete. We’re certainly not out scheming anybody.

This is the hard truth many on here don't want to accept. The talent level is so much lower than what we are used to seeing on the court for this program -- it's painfully obvious and not a surprise. Looks and feels like A10 type talent. You can still win without having top 50 players, but the program feels broken.

or possibly we have good players coming in getting bad coaching. compounded by being forced to play out of the position their god given abilities blessed them to perform. then further force fed 1 defensive philosophy which apparently applies to all foes . power underneath or finesse long shooters. no exceptions. and you'll either play 35 minutes or 2. it's up to you. given your talents or bloodlines or foul troubles..

Last edited:
Posts are being deleted...and I hope it's not a case of "truth hurts." I really want to believe the ship can be righted. I'd rather see a factual rebuttal than a deleted post that has a negative take. Feels a little orwellian.
Exactly three posts were deleted tonight ... and (for the record) none of them were deleted by me. Intelligent venting is not censored here. Posts that overstep boundaries of good taste are.

And, PS, the easiest way to get a post deleted ... is to complain about a post being deleted.

Exactly three posts were deleted tonight ... and (for the record) none of them were deleted by me. Intelligent venting is not censored here. Posts that overstep boundaries of good taste are.

And, PS, the easiest way to get a post deleted ... is to complain about a post being deleted.

I agree, one was bad (didn't see it until after I posted) and it should have been removed, and one I saw seemed fair. Either way, we are all on the same team here and this program/fanbase is being tested. I guess it's not surprising it's getting chippy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom