The Program is in free fall | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Program is in free fall

Tyus would have been a godsend on this team
I remember people saying that we are better off without Tyus and how he was just gunning for the nba and not a team player. Seems like he had to do all that just to give us a chance to win. I don’t see us having a player with Tyus’ heart and talent for awhile which is quite depressing.

Remember the days when Trevor cooney was taking mad abuse here? what would we give to have cooney on this team? in fact, if we had cooney and chukwu, we'd be final 128 material.

Remember the days when Trevor cooney was taking mad abuse here? what would we give to have cooney on this team? in fact, if we had cooney and chukwu, we'd be final 128 material.
Cooney ain’t all that bro. He was limited.

Nope. Cooney wouldn’t help.
Chukwu was a defensive presence but he didn’t rebound and wasn’t an offensive threat.
He would help the defense but no thanks to either player on this team.

Exactly three posts were deleted tonight ... and (for the record) none of them were deleted by me. Intelligent venting is not censored here. Posts that overstep boundaries of good taste are.

And, PS, the easiest way to get a post deleted ... is to complain about a post being deleted.
I've seen sensible posts about Boeheim being deleted, it's not just ones that are offensive or distasteful. You guys (moderators) act as if there's zero portion of the fan base that is frustrated with his performance and the free fall we're currently in.

Congratulations, this is the premier fan board for Cuse fans to express their excitement as well as their displeasure with the state of affairs of SU sports. That being said, when you censor criticism for the head coach you contribute to the lack of accountability and pressure for change. You have a responsibility to your board members to allow them to voice their displeasure no matter how much you love JB. I guess we have the daily local radio shows and post game shows where that has to happen then right?

Last edited:
Even though the correlation to the results show it is?

Everybody wants top 50 players and we haven’t gotten many lately. So yeah, it’s a factor.
Of course we’ve also had a lot of nba draftees who only had meh seasons but left anyway. That hurt too.

And we’ve had random departures — bazely, Thompson, geno thorpe...

It’s a giant cluster and the recruiting is part of that. No question. But I really don’t mind signing the girards, goodines and edwards of the world. Just need to land that big fish occasionally to be that stud.

Whatever. It’s depressing.

I've seen sensible posts about Boeheim being deleted, it's not just ones that are offensive or distasteful. You guys (moderators) act as if there's zero portion of the fan base that isn't frustrated with his performance and the free fall we're currently in.
Congratulations, this is the premier fan board for Cuse fans to express their excitement as well as their displeasure with the state of affairs of SU sports. That being said, when you censor criticism for the head coach you contribute to the lack of accountability and pressure for change. You have a responsibility to your board members to allow them to voice their displeasure no matter how much you love JB. I guess we have the daily local radio shows and post game shows where that has to happen then right?
This board has rules that posters need to follow. When the rules are not followed, posts get deleted, users get warnings and if it continues, users get banned.

You are not going to convince the admins to turn this board into Syracuse.com. If you don’t like the way things are done here, you should leave. One of our biggest rules is not complaining about our rules and standards. You are breaking that rules with this post.
You are officially being warned. It is up to you what happens next.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen sensible posts about Boeheim being deleted, it's not just ones that are offensive or distasteful. You guys (moderators) act as if there's zero portion of the fan base that isn't frustrated with his performance and the free fall we're currently in.

Let me say it again. Exactly three posts ... out of more than 2000 ... were deleted last night. The deleted posts contained NOTHING about the basketball game. NOTHING. They were tasteless, ad hominem, and possibly libelous.

Last edited:

You do understand these “guys” (apologies cto and CuseLegcy, Cheriehoop) run this site for free, right?

Actually, they pay for this whole place to work with their time, if not direct financial support.

Nobody is happy with how things are going. But criticizing the people who run this place is horsesht.

You do understand these “guys” (apologies cto and CuseLegcy) run this site for free, right?

Actually, they pay for this whole place to work with their time, if not direct financial support.

Nobody is happy with how things are going. But criticizing the people who run this place is horsesht.

You forgot Cheriehoop! :):)

Everything you said in the bolded paragraph is factually incorrect.

And if you don't see all posts allowing board members to voice their displeasure, you haven't been paying attention.

Downtown Syracuse and vibrant should never be used in the same sentence.

Lots of grad students and young professionals are gobbling up new apartments downtown. A handful of restaurants are doing very well. They still need some services Like a dry cleaners, drug store and a grocery, but it's getting better.

Everything you said in the bolded paragraph is factually incorrect.

And if you see all posts allowing board members to voice their displeasure, you haven't been paying attention.

In my experience they sometimes kill whole threads when too many posts get too off track. Don't take it personally.

"It’s a giant cluster and the recruiting is part of that. No question. But I really don’t mind signing the girards, goodines and edwards of the world. Just need to land that big fish occasionally to be that stud."

nobody is suggesting that recruiting is easy . it's a science which requires skill, luck but mostly foresight.
if you're not looking down the road and preparing for all possible contingencies you're not a good recruiter.
and with the early entry reality world we now live in recruiting is equally as important as coaching.

Can we pay a membership fee to eliminate all of the ads that pop up in here? The ads are annoying and a fee may eliminate some of the sludge we get here.

Can we pay a membership fee to eliminate all of the ads that pop up in here? The ads are annoying and a fee may eliminate some of the sludge we get here.
I get it, but on behalf of those of us seeing our cable and streaming costs rise, please no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom