The ragging on Girard is a bit creepy | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

The ragging on Girard is a bit creepy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon Triche was criticized more than Scoop and that was creepy too. It got real personal his senior year and he was playing injured.

My board days only go back to 2009 or 2010, but I'm not sure I remember anybody catching the rabid and unrelenting (and IMO unwarranted) flak that Scoop did.

Though I agree that Triche got some unfair criticism when he had the back injury.

It’s hilarious to see people talk about scoop so lovingly, I don’t think there was a player who people ripped on more, and more often, than scoop
I never understand the love Scoop seems to get. His selfish play and shot selection killed them in the NCAA tournament on more than one occasion.

My board days only go back to 2009 or 2010, but I'm not sure I remember anybody catching the rabid and unrelenting (and IMO unwarranted) flak that Scoop did.

Though I agree that Triche got some unfair criticism when he had the back injury.
I think some of the Scoop "hate" came from taking mins from 3 clearly better players.

In some ways, not unlike Joe from 2 years ago like was pointed out itt.

I think some of the Scoop "hate" came from taking mins from 3 clearly better players.

In some ways, not unlike Joe from 2 years ago like was pointed out itt.

His final year? I don't know, didn't seem like anybody was clamoring for those other guards to run the offense as a superior option to Scoop. (I actually thought Boeheim's guard rotation was close to masterful that season...not so much with the wings and bigs.)

Seemed that it was more the mouth-breathers who liked to shout "SCOOPID" when he missed a three early in the shot clock or something like that.

His final year? I don't know, didn't seem like anybody was clamoring for those other guards to run the offense as a superior option to Scoop.

Seemed that it was more the mouth-breathers who liked to shout "SCOOPID" when he missed a three early in the shot clock or something like that.
There was def calls for more MCW after the St Johns game and, of course, Dion to start.

Agreed there was a fair share of people who just hated Scoop to hate Scoop.

(this post bums me out just thinking about the talent on that team vs today)

There was a phantom article about game fixing after Seton Hall beat us by 30 in the dome his junior year where he played awful. Whoever wrote that article was an idiot. It may have been that Mike Ortiz guy who was around here and wrote about the program for a few years.

Luckily, the last few mins exclusively is available:

I’m not a conspiracy theorist or one to typically complain about officiating, but that terrible out of bounds call on Cooney really makes me wonder if refs fix games more than we’d like to believe.

That referee running in from 30 feet away, behind the play, with no angle made that call (while another official was in good position looking right down the line). Even if his toes were on the baseline that referee would’ve had no way to see it.

Thankfully Syracuse won that game or I would still be fuming to this day over that call.

There was def calls for more MCW after the St Johns game and, of course, Dion to start.

Agreed there was a fair share of people who just hated Scoop to hate Scoop.

(this post bums me out just thinking about the talent on that team vs today)
Our 10th guy on that team would be our best player on this team, crazy….

His final year? I don't know, didn't seem like anybody was clamoring for those other guards to run the offense as a superior option to Scoop. (I actually thought Boeheim's guard rotation was close to masterful that season...not so much with the wings and bigs.)

I don’t think I did that. I hope.

I don’t think I did that. I hope.

When posting this I actually considered writing "the mouthbreathers plus CuseFaninVT " but it made the sentence a little wordy.

But also I don't think you said that. You just fumed politely while promising us that this Providence recruit named Chukwu could be the next great Syracuse big man.

When posting this I actually considered writing "the mouthbreathers plus CuseFaninVT " but it made the sentence a little wordy.

But also I don't think you said that. You just fumed politely while promising us that this Providence recruit named Chukwu could be the next great Syracuse big man.
My work is done here

There was a phantom article about game fixing after Seton Hall beat us by 30 in the dome his junior year where he played awful. Whoever wrote that article was an idiot. It may have been that Mike Ortiz guy who was around here and wrote about the program for a few years.
That was some random comment on a random (poker?) site in Missouri. And it suddenly got huge legs on this forum. I literally stayed up all night deleting comments from people reporting it as real news. It was totally untrue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom