The real dilemma would be next year.. | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

The real dilemma would be next year..

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB is not getting fired ,not today ,not later in the year ,not at the end of the season. I’ll put money on that one. He could decide to retire, he has said before he has no timeline so that could happen but don’t count on it.
You are correct. He will never be fired.

They need Alex O'Connell types to sprinkle in with their one and done players. Right now we need him to be GMac. Big difference.

That's a fair point (even though O'Connell was Top 100 in all recruiting services). I still don't see how he cracks the rotation there his first two years. And don't think I'm knocking him -- I think he'll be a good player eventually. It's just the reality of the situation at this point.

That's a fair point (even though O'Connell was Top 100 in all recruiting services). I still don't see how he cracks the rotation there his first two years. And don't think I'm knocking him -- I think he'll be a good player eventually. It's just the reality of the situation at this point.
He should be playing more now. He can shoot and Moore has really struggled

I believe JBA was a GMac recruit. I am okay with GMac as an assistant though. He is in a tough spot in that he isn't Hop. I am more against him as the next HC. As an assistant sure as the next HC no way.

I love a majority of your posts and you're quite critical on some subjects but why are you ok with GMAC as an assistant? What has he done at all since becoming an assistant?

Recruiting isn't going well, players aren't improving, guards especially, and pretty much every guy he's scouted and brought in is worse than expected. I don't see how anybody think he's ok as an assistant. The fact he called Marek an elite player was the last straw for me. Kid may have hit some big shots for us but he's pretty much done zilch on the sidelines in 5 or 6 years.

I love a majority of your posts and you're quite critical on some subjects but why are you ok with GMAC as an assistant? What has he done at all since becoming an assistant?

Recruiting isn't going well, players aren't improving, guards especially, and pretty much every guy he's scouted and brought in is worse than expected. I don't see how anybody think he's ok as an assistant. The fact he called Marek an elite player was the last straw for me. Kid may have hit some big shots for us but he's pretty much done zilch on the sidelines in 5 or 6 years.
He is a good assistant. He can recruit, and he bleeds orange.
He isn’t Hopkins but look at other schools assistants he is line with them.
It’s not his fault recruiting isn’t a wagon he shouldn’t have the expectations of being a savior.
Recruiting is on the HC.
That is why he has my respect. I just don’t want him as the next HC.

It’s not his fault recruiting isn’t a wagon he shouldn’t have the expectations of being a savior.
Recruiting is on the HC.

Do you ever sleep lol?

The point about player development is valid I think. Players haven’t improved the way they have in years past.

The fact he called Marek an elite player was the last straw for me. Kid may have hit some big shots for us but he's pretty much done zilch on the sidelines in 5 or 6 years.

There's a lot of Boeheim in him, superficially at least.

Boeheim sez things.

McNamara sez things.

It's probably more off-the-cuff hyperbole than an absurd talent mis-evaluation.

There's a lot of Boeheim in him, superficially at least.

Boeheim sez things.

McNamara sez things.

It's probably more off-the-cuff hyperbole than an absurd talent mis-evaluation.

Ive seen this quote referenced on here a ton of times but never saw the actual quote.

Did he really call Marek an “elite player”? He didn’t say something like “he’s elite” in reference to a particular skill(like passing or something?) and it got taken out of context? Hard to believe he’d call him an elite player.

Recruiting is on the HC.
He would be a good assistant at a mid major or Ivy League. At the P5 level and especially at Syracuse you need to consistently recruit top 75 talent and occasionally reel in the big fish. He should leave for a smaller school where he can prove his recruiting chops and player development with less pressure and expectations.

He would be a good assistant at a mid major or Ivy League. At the P5 level and especially at Syracuse you need to consistently recruit top 75 talent and occasionally reel in the big fish. He should leave for a smaller school where he can prove his recruiting chops and player development with less pressure and expectations.
He is fine as an assistant.
The guy is being graded by the Hop standard which isn’t fair.
GMac is fine on the bench. I wish we went outside of the mold when Hop left.
GMac as taking a little too much heat when at the end of the day he just does what JB allows/tells him to do.
I don’t blame him at all for our current issues.

you need to blank out of your mind what GMAC did on the court and judge him solely as a coach.
what impresses you ? i'm not judging either way. i'm just saying clear your mind and look at facts.

GMac as taking a little too much heat when at the end of the day he just does what JB allows/tells him to do.
He is being graded by the ACC/Syracuse standard not Hop. He would be fine here if we had better recruiters on the staff. Too much is being asked of him. Hop leaving simply reinforces how important it is to have elite recruiters if we want the program to succeed. When Hop left JB did not conduct a national search for the best recruiters. He did what was comfortable, hiring former players who won't question anything.

So you’re saying that there is a process underway for JB to transition out. That’s interesting.

I hope there has been back channel communication with Hop or his agent. Seeing JB leave for anyone else, while maybe necessary, would kinda suck

I don't blame GMac either. Too much is being asked of him. The blame falls on Boeheim.

any dad who's ever coached or watched a youth soccer game knows their attention is 90 % focused on one player. their kid. if you're telling me JB has totally disassociated himself from this common phenonemon ...
you're deluded. the minutes and shots and lack of criticism allotted to his progeny suggests otherwise.
for the people who say "you're too tough on buddy" .yes i am . he has a natural advantage . i expect more.
am i rooting against him ? no. we need him to be 40 % + from deep to win 50 % of our games. i thought it was unwise to sign him originally but now that he's here i'm hoping to see major development in his game.

you need to blank out of your mind what GMAC did on the court and judge him solely as a coach.
what impresses you ? i'm not judging either way. i'm just saying clear your mind and look at facts.
I see very little development of any of our players. Was there anything in Battle's game that he did as a junior that he couldn't do as a freshman? That's an indictment on the entire coaching staff.

I hope there has been back channel communication with Hop or his agent. Seeing JB leave for anyone else, while maybe necessary, would kinda suck

JB isnt leaving and there isnt a succession plan being put in place...currently.

any dad who's ever coached or watched a youth soccer game knows their attention is 90 % focused on one player. their kid. if you're telling me JB has totally disassociated himself from this common phenonemon ...
you're deluded. the minutes and shots and lack of criticism allotted to his progeny suggests otherwise.
for the people who say "you're too tough on buddy" .yes i am . he has a natural advantage . i expect more.
am i rooting against him ? no. we need him to be 40 % + from deep to win 50 % of our games. i thought it was unwise to sign him originally but now that he's here i'm hoping to see major development in his game.
so, you feel the focus of a coach who is responsible for youth aged soccer is comparable to that of DI college program. I stopped reading after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom