The real dilemma would be next year.. | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

The real dilemma would be next year..

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, you feel the focus of a coach who is responsible for youth aged soccer is comparable to that of DI college program. I stopped reading after that.
no i talked basic human nature. and nothing i've seen so far suggests otherwise. different rules 4 different fools.

LOL. What a millennial idea. Let's complain until we get what we want. Wildhack is not going to force Boeheim out because the crowd get after him. I get people are frustrated and I am too but Boeheim is not going until he wants to go.
Well, the President capitulated to demands, so why not?

I think JB knew this season would be a wash. He redshirted a big. Bol using a redshirt made me come to that conclusion. (granted I’ve never seen him practice) Experience should and I stress SHOULD help everyone and the addition of our recruits will give added competition in practice. I think at the very least we will be way more effective defensively next year. Offense is another story. It kinda always has been if we are being honest.

Thats not who he is. Its not in his DNA. If you haven't ever had a debate with Jim on something and want some insight listen to his recent exchange with the reporter who questioned him on a quick hook with players. Its a great exchange and for the most part i agree with Jims position however its very telling. Simply put JB actually always believes he is right. I have never once heard Jim exclaim he was wrong.

what about that one time he said he was wrong for dropping the F banger in a press conferences after talking to the wife?

So you’re saying that there is a process underway for JB to transition out. That’s interesting.
I think the timing is set and i dont think it coincides with Buddy.

any dad who's ever coached or watched a youth soccer game knows their attention is 90 % focused on one player. their kid. if you're telling me JB has totally disassociated himself from this common phenonemon ...
you're deluded. the minutes and shots and lack of criticism allotted to his progeny suggests otherwise.
for the people who say "you're too tough on buddy" .yes i am . he has a natural advantage . i expect more.
am i rooting against him ? no. we need him to be 40 % + from deep to win 50 % of our games. i thought it was unwise to sign him originally but now that he's here i'm hoping to see major development in his game.
Now we are comparing JB to a youth soccer coach. Tbone you are one of the constants in the universe

I think it's pretty reasonable to think he'll have a large say in who his successor is.
Then wildhack should resign. Unless it’s a 1-year deal with Red to get JB to exit after this season.

I think JB knew this season would be a wash. He redshirted a big. Bol using a redshirt made me come to that conclusion. (granted I’ve never seen him practice) Experience should and I stress SHOULD help everyone and the addition of our recruits will give added competition in practice. I think at the very least we will be way more effective defensively next year. Offense is another story. It kinda always has been if we are being honest.

I don't think that's the case at all, your opinion of him 'knowing' this season would be a wash. Remember after the UVA opening loss, JB stated that this team would be "good" in ten to twelve games. I'm sure he didn't ever envision being 4-4 eight games in. Additionally, and foremost, JB ALWAYS plays to win NOW, and it's why he has never traditionally played more than 7 guys meaningful minutes during the conference and post season. If JB thought Bol gave them a better opportunity to win now, no way he's red-shirting. So, the only likely reason for Bol to red-shirt is simply because he's NOT ready to contribute one iota, even with the fact that none of our current active centers would start on any team in the ACC, and probably not any P5 rosters either for that matter.

Last edited:
Then wildhack should resign. Unless it’s a 1-year deal with Red to get JB to exit after this season.

Do you actually expect any AD to not take into consideration the opinions of the guy that basically invented Syracuse basketball and would be stepping down to allow the new coach to take his spot?

They can replace Wildhack with anyone they want; Boeheim will almost certainly have a say no matter who is hired. Doesn't mean it's not ultimately Wildhack's decision, but I don't think it's logical to think an AD would just ignore Boeheim.

Do you actually expect any AD to not take into consideration the opinions of the guy that basically invented Syracuse basketball and would be stepping down to allow the new coach to take his spot?

They can replace Wildhack with anyone they want; Boeheim will almost certainly have a say no matter who is hired. Doesn't mean it's not ultimately Wildhack's decision, but I don't think it's logical to think an AD would just ignore Boeheim.

Any more logical than saying JB invented SU basketball? I recall Syracuse getting to the Final Four with Jimmy Lee and company in '75...prior to JB's invention of the program. ;):)

This makes me wonder how a real transition needs to occur. It makes me think Hop is the only real choice because he has all the connections here and JB will certainly endorse it. What’s the proper way of handing off 50 years of relationship building at every level of basketball operations at Syracuse? If there is even a real answer. They certainly will need to make a splash with JB involved, amirite?

I don't think that's the case at all, your opinion of him 'knowing' this season would be a wash. Remember after the UVA opening loss, JB stated that this team would be "good" in ten to twelve games. I'm sure he didn't ever envision being 4-4 eight games in. Additionally, and foremost, JB ALWAYS plays to win NOW, and it's why he has never traditionally played more than 7 guys meaningful minutes during the conference and post season. If JB thought Bol gave them a better opportunity to win now, no way he's red-shirting. So, the only likely reason for Bol to red-shirt is simply because he's NOT ready to contribute one iota, even with the fact that none of our current active centers would start on any team in the ACC, and probably not any P5 rosters either for that matter.

I never understood the necessity of capping words. I would have understood what you are saying without all of that and it would be way less rude. Aside from that though, I don’t know what the real answer which is why I said I think. I don’t have any people inside the program and have never developed a personal relationship with anyone who knows anyone who knows anyone anywhere. So it’s highly conceivable that you are correct and I am wrong. I do know this though, playing to win now is competitive talk. No one is going to say they aren’t playing to win now. Plenty of teams do not play to win now and I’m sure I don’t have to give the examples of that.

Any more logical than saying JB invented SU basketball? I recall Syracuse getting to the Final Four with Jimmy Lee and company in '75...prior to JB's invention of the program. ;):)
And according to Townie, JB also invented the game of basketball. Naismath and the peach basket is just a conspiracy to discredit the HOFer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom