The Shady to Tennessee thread (it was fun while it lasted)... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

The Shady to Tennessee thread (it was fun while it lasted)...

On the flip side, given Schiano's deep pockets don't you think he'd have been ripe for numerous civil suits from the victims? Yet nada.
For what? Failure to report a superior when he was a 24/25 year old GA/assistant coach? Nobody ever accused Schiano of anything other than "saying he witnessed" something. And who knows if Schiano told Paterno anything about what he saw. McQueary is the ONLY person at Pedd St not to clam up and act ignorant of the whole debacle.

Totally agree. I can think of several reasons why Schiano would not be a good hire. But this PSU stuff is BS. Lynch mob mentality.

Btw Tennessee is getting absolutely mauled on the airwaves today.

Not sure there was a duty to protect in Pennsylvania in the mid 90's. There's nothing to sue him for.

For what? Failure to report a superior when he was a 24/25 year old GA/assistant coach? Nobody ever accused Schiano of anything other than "saying he witnessed" something. And who knows if Schiano told Paterno anything about what he saw. McQueary is the ONLY person at Pedd St not to clam up and act ignorant of the whole debacle.

Yet Bradley's lawyers deny the allegation. Bunch of hearsay. This scandal was investigated back and forth, up and down with many heads rolling yet no one came up with anything against Schiano.

Not sure there was a duty to protect in Pennsylvania in the mid 90's. There's nothing to sue him for.

Just as well cuz there's no evidence anyway.

We can all agree that Schiano is not a good coach and if not for the "good will" of Urban Meyer, he'd be out of the fraternity altogether due to the bridges he has burnt.

Where we clearly disagree is the university bending to the will of a rabid fanbase (lynch mob mentality) and some using his time at Penn State in an effort to discredit him when a coach who's won and been successful wouldn't get that same treatment.

If he truly witnessed something and did nothing about it then he would have been in deep sheet just like the others that paid in various ways.

You think I care about what you or locals do? Get a life outside of vicariously living through kids.

If not for locals you have no program to root for.

That's my point - because they've got zero evidence against him.
You have no duty to rescue someone unless they are your dependent, your a public servant cop or firefighter, or attempt a rescue that doesn’t mean you should just ignore someone if you see them being victimized.
If you read McQuery testimony clearly he wasn’t the first to see a kid being victimized by Sandusky.
So while Schiano wasn’t legally responsible for any wrongdoing if he saw something and did nothing then he is pond scum.
I chose to believe McQuery.

You have no duty to rescue someone unless they are your dependent, your a public servant cop or firefighter, or attempt a rescue that doesn’t mean you should just ignore someone if you see them being victimized.
If you read McQuery testimony clearly he wasn’t the first to see a kid being victimized by Sandusky.
So while Schiano wasn’t legally responsible for any wrongdoing if he saw something and did nothing then he is pond scum.

A lotta "ifs" in there.

Penn State's President, Vice President and AD were all convicted of misdemeanor charges of child endangerment and all did jail time. Why wasn't Schiano charged?

Again.....
No, you chose to believe BRADLEY.

McQuery is the only one that had to testify under oath correct. If so, he’s the only believable one. Not the others who weren’t under oath or whose lawyers made statements.

Again...
No, you chose to believe BRADLEY.
Well I get what your saying but Bradley has changed his tune to save his a$$ and claimed he never told McQuery this.
I trust McQuery and believe Bradley did tell him that.

Thats the only thing. He was never proven to have been involved. The Freeh report cleared his name. This was also in a civil proceeding, not criminal.

Civil or criminal doesn't matter in the court of human opinion. If the Freeh report was paid for by the university, it's worth nothing IMO.

Not for nothing - but I wouldn't trust Schiano's word at all.

Civil or criminal doesn't matter in the court of human opinion. If the Freeh report was paid for by the university, it's worth nothing IMO.

Not for nothing - but I wouldn't trust Schiano's word at all.

Sounds like Bill Belichick is enabling an enabler. Monday, Belichick reiterated that he would very much vouch for Schiano’s character.

“100 percent. Yes, 100 percent,” Belichick said. “I think I said it pretty thoroughly yesterday. I have great respect and think he's a great football coach. I'm not really involved in any other situation, but speaking about him as a coach and a person, [I have] the utmost respect and zero reservations; zero.”

UT failed to respect the PR aspect of hiring a HC. If they really wanted Schiano, they should have been ready to squash the Penn St assertion as soon as it surfaced. They should have known how fans would react before they leaked it to the public (vet it with top boosters for example). Sports marketing is important when you're in the sports business.

Penn State's President, Vice President and AD were all convicted of misdemeanor charges of child endangerment and all did jail time. Why wasn't Schiano charged?
Those guys were charged because they were the superiors who failed to report what they heard to authorities.
Paterno wasn’t charged because he did the minimum he could do to avoid prosecution and told his AD what McQuery told him.
Paterno is a POS because he didn’t follow thru after he told his AD.
If that was a member of his family your damn right he would have done a lot more.
Schiano wasn’t the boss he wouldn’t get charged criminally as if you believe McQuery he told his superior Bradley and then Bradley probably told Paterno.

Well I get what your saying but Bradley has changed his tune to save his a$$ and claimed he never told McQuery this.
I trust McQuery and believe Bradley did tell him that.

You don't get what I'm saying.

I don't care if Bradley told him or what he told him.

I care what Schiano told Bradley.

Those guys were charged because they were the superiors who failed to report what they heard to authorities.
Paterno wasn’t charged because he did the minimum he could do to avoid prosecution and told his AD what McQuery told him.
Paterno is a POS because he didn’t follow thru after he told his AD.
If that was a member of his family your damn right he would have done a lot more.
Schiano wasn’t the boss he wouldn’t get charged criminally as if you believe McQuery he told his superior Bradley and then Bradley probably told Paterno.

I agree with you on Paterno. But you nor anybody else have anything on Schiano.

Sounds like Bill Belichick is enabling an enabler. Monday, Belichick reiterated that he would very much vouch for Schiano’s character.

“100 percent. Yes, 100 percent,” Belichick said. “I think I said it pretty thoroughly yesterday. I have great respect and think he's a great football coach. I'm not really involved in any other situation, but speaking about him as a coach and a person, [I have] the utmost respect and zero reservations; zero.”

Alsacs this ought to be game, set and match for you, no?

Alsacs this ought to be game, set and match for you, no?
I don’t think Belichick is right about everything.
He probably said good things about Aaron Hernandez.

Belichick loves Schiano because his son played lacrosse and football at Rutgers while Schiano was the HC. Belichick knows nothing about Schiano from Penn State and his opinions aren’t always right.
The letter Belichick wrote for Trump was crazy.

I don’t think Belichick is right about everything.
He probably said good things about Aaron Hernandez.

Belichick loves Schiano because his son played lacrosse and football at Rutgers while Schiano was the HC. Belichick knows nothing about Schiano from Penn State and his opinions aren’t always right.
The letter Belichick wrote for Trump was crazy.

What if Tom Brady put in a good word?

Maybe they didn't want a coach with a sub 500 record? Or maybe they didn't want a coach 20 wins under 500 in Big East games? Maybe they didn't want a coach who can't coach an offense to save his life? Or perhaps they didn't want a guy who teaches his teams to go after knees when the other team is in the victory formation? Maybe they didn't like the way he handled the MRSA outbreak in his locker room. They might have hated the fact that his Tampa Bay team absolutely hated him.

Using an idiot like Gary Parrish to prove a point that Tennessee fans are wrong?

but none of that was the reasoning behind the UT fans' outrage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom