The Shady to Tennessee thread (it was fun while it lasted)... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

The Shady to Tennessee thread (it was fun while it lasted)...

That guys been trying to exonerate paterno for years. Notice he doesn’t mention testimony under oath. Just beats up current social media.
that statement is embarrassing and ridiculous.

edit: referring to the PSU trustee's statement, not rrlbees

Last edited:
Years and years of abuse but no-one standing up and saying "I saw it. I didn't stop it. I'm sorry."

Rather a bunch of shell games.

Oh, well. I'm glad Schiano didn't get it. And I'm glad Tenn fans are having a tough time finding anyone.

This is a "lots of villains and they all lost" story.

The leader of the #FreeJoePa movement really has no credibility on anything.

fETMbYH.gif

this isn't even close to being true and shows a fundamental misunderstanding of this type of crime, how it came about, and how it was allowed to fester. I'll just ask - do you think anyone (outside of Sandusky himself) knows exactly how many victims there were? How extensive the damage was? The nature of long term predatory child s e xual abuse is such that this is probably the most poorly understood major crime story in sports history.

I do child abuse and neglect cases for a living. I see awful things that would make you want to blind yourself, and I've sorted through false accusations and/or had findings overturned. This kind of thing isn't new to me. I don't have the time or inclination to explain how things work to the wannabe message board lawyers out there with their supposed gotcha logical points (i.e. if it were true why wasn't Schiano sued or prosecuted).

Is there a legit point to make about hearsay? Absolutely. Is the statement by McQueary iron clad proof? Of course not. It is most definitely hearsay. However, just because something is hearsay doesn't automatically make it untrue. Would it be admissible in court? Nope. But this isn't court. As with anything else, you examine a statement in context and assess its credibility. This message board believes as true TONS of things that are hearsay.

It is perfectly defensible to conclude that hearsay of this sort is such that one isn't comfortable drawing conclusions. I respect that position and a reasonable mind can conclude such.
It is also perfectly defensible to examine McQueary's statement in the deposition that Bradley told him Schiano came forward and conclude that given the circumstances, McQueary was telling the truth. That Bradley did say that, and if Bradley said that at the time it was probably true (why would Bradley make something like that up?) Given that we know Sandusky was a serial predator and had no qualms about bringing children in the football facilities/locker rooms and s e xually molesting them, it isn't a stretch that another Penn State coach saw a situation similar to what McQueary saw. Does this position require more of a willingness to read between lines and speculate? Absolutely. It wouldn't and shouldn't be enough to convict under the law. But in forming an opinion? Based on my experience, I absolutely believe that Bradley told McQueary that Schiano had walked in on Sandusky abusing a child.

My issue isn't so much that one believe a version over the other. As I said, I believe reasonable minds can differ there. I object to the condescending attitude by some in this thread as if believing hearsay is some kind of ridiculous thing and there is no way any of it could be true.

Do you believe the comments by Laurie Fine about Bernie Fine?

Tennessee fans aren't the ones who trashed his rep.

McQuery did (under oath). And the NYTimes did, by writing that article.

Tennessee fans just reminded everyone of it because they didn't want him to be their coach. I think if it were Florida, or Texas A&M, or even Arkansas, you would have seen something similar. Maybe not quite as intense (thanks Clay Travis), but enough to get high powered people to disrupt the process and use that previously published news.

Wrong scandal to be connected with. Schiano is toast for a head coaching role. Court of public opinion won't lose this one. People are too caught up in whether or not he committed a crime or is charge with a crime. Irrelevant to this situation.

I think we can agree that Schiano's rep is far worse today than it was last week.

One thing clear with the court of public opinion is that UT and it's fans are getting roasted on the airwaves today. Public opinion is far more critical of UT and its fan base than what I read here on this board.

I ask again, why no charges against Schiano?

Isn't the only evidence that Mike McQueary said that Tom Bradley said that Greg Schiano said that he saw Sandusky in the act in the 1980s? That's what I'm trying to figure out -- Sandusky's crimes have probably been looked at by law enforcement, private investigators, and investigative journalists more than any sports story in history -- if the only thing linking Monkeyface to crimes is two sentences about hearsay in one deposition, should it really cause him to essentially be blacklisted for the rest of his career?

Significantly worse things were said about Boeheim during the Fine investigations and Cuse Nation was pretty comfortable shrugging them off...

C'mon now you're bringing some balance and logic to the situation. Can't have that. You need to pick up a pitch fork and join the mob.

All of the victims sued the school didn't they, and were paid off.

But Schiano has plenty of coin. If you could credibly prove that he looked the other way then some ambulance chaser out there would on the case in a hurry.

That guys been trying to exonerate paterno for years. Notice he doesn’t mention testimony under oath. Just beats up current social media.

Of course your view couldn't possibly be tainted by the fact you've spewed venom against RU and Schiano for years, right?

Of course your view couldn't possibly be tainted by the fact you've spewed venom against RU and Schiano for years, right?
I think it's laughable to think a staff of 9/10 guys who spent nearly every waking moment in each other's company didn't know what was going on. I personally could care less who the name associated is, I refuse to believe that they didn't know in some fashion or another.

I think we can agree that Schiano's rep is far worse today than it was last week.

One thing clear with the court of public opinion is that UT and it's fans are getting roasted on the airwaves today. Public opinion is far more critical of UT and its fan base than what I read here on this board.

I ask again, why no charges against Schiano?

What would you charge him with? Was McQueary ever charged with anything? So the story goes, they each saw something, and reported it to a superior.

Either McQueary is lying (why, I have no idea) or Bradley is lying.

Doesn't really matter, but if I were the one hiring a head coach, he wouldn't have any ties to the Sandusky days at Penn State.

Isn't the only evidence that Mike McQueary said that Tom Bradley said that Greg Schiano said that he saw Sandusky in the act in the 1980s? That's what I'm trying to figure out -- Sandusky's crimes have probably been looked at by law enforcement, private investigators, and investigative journalists more than any sports story in history -- if the only thing linking Monkeyface to crimes is two sentences about hearsay in one deposition, should it really cause him to essentially be blacklisted for the rest of his career?

Significantly worse things were said about Boeheim during the Fine investigations and Cuse Nation was pretty comfortable shrugging them off...
Certainly ended Fine's career. The McQueary testimony took place in civil court years after everything died down and is heresay evidence and probably not admissable in criminal court. Schiano was not even interviewed during the probe.

I think it's laughable to think a staff of 9/10 guys who spent nearly every waking moment in each other's company didn't know what was going on. I personally could care less who the name associated is, I refuse to believe that they didn't know in some fashion or another.
Exactly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom