The truth | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The truth

Go for Gods sake give it up. Doug told Gross that he wasnt going to hire Shafer or Hack. Period end of story. He lied ok deal with it. Now who knows why maybe he lost out on who he thought he was going to hire. I have no idea but i do know without any doubt that Doc was told by Doug that he was not going to hire Shafer or Hack. I know that Doc had reached agreement with Hack to stay and that a contract was prepared and that Hack had reviewed the contract and was ready to sign. This is also a fact that i know without any doubt. What happened at the 12th hour is that Doug changes his mind and offered Hack the OC job. You can spin this anyway you want but these are the facts. Not rumors but facts Go. If you know anything that is different than this tell it to Doc so he can tell it to the rest of us.
Would you feel better if DM had said he was going to offer Hackett right off? I don't think it would have changed the result for us.

Would you feel better if DM had said he was going to offer Hackett right off? I don't think it would have changed the result for us.
Floyd little wouldn't have been calling recruits telling them he'd be back. That's a total embarrassment.

Consider yourself informed. As i said what i do not know is why he changed his mind and ended up offering Hack the job. Bees or others might know i do not. I only know for a fact that Doug told Gross that he was not going to offer Hack or Shafer the job. Go we can disagree on Doug till the cows come home but i dont think that anyone can feel good about how he left.
I think the key is you don't know, and you don't know when that changed or why and how it happened

Consider yourself informed. As i said what i do not know is why he changed his mind and ended up offering Hack the job. Bees or others might know i do not. I only know for a fact that Doug told Gross that he was not going to offer Hack or Shafer the job. Go we can disagree on Doug till the cows come home but i dont think that anyone can feel good about how he left.

Serious question, how do you this for a fact, because you didn't really answer the question I asked. Is this something you know, or something somebody told you they heard?

Yes of course i would. Dont you realize that the means is as important if not more so than the end?

Serious question, how do you this for a fact, because you didn't really answer the question I asked. Is this something you know, or something somebody told you they heard?
Something that i know.

That is why this board is so irritating people say they no facts when very few if any truly have accurate information and some claim to have information but only really have an agenda which is really weird considering this is a college football message board

That is why this board is so irritating people say they no facts when very few if any truly have accurate information and some claim to have information but only really have an agenda which is really weird considering this is a college football message board
Cuse read this post from the top and read what everyone posted. This is a fact, it something that i know not that i heard. To be clear you are correct in your statment that i dont know what changed or why it changed.

Yes of course i would. Dont you realize that the means is as important if not more so than the end?
Sorry but I don't. Maybe if I had a personal relationship with someone that DM intentionally deceived for personal gain, I might feel differently ( and I don't know if such a thing happened). My only interest is SU football and given DM left and eventualities eventuate, i'm disappointed but none of the details of who said what to whom make any difference to me.

Sorry but I don't. Maybe if I had a personal relationship with someone that DM intentionally deceived for personal gain, I might feel differently ( and I don't know if such a thing happened). My only interest is SU football and given DM left and eventualities eventuate, i'm disappointed but none of the details of who said what to whom make any difference to me.
My interest in the program is such that i do feel deceived.

Because Doug told Buffalo in his press conference he was going to hire OC and DC with extensive NFL experience, and he didn't with Hackett, all the NFL experience Hackett has is as a pencil pusher, Doug lied.

Because Doug told Buffalo in his press conference he was going to hire OC and DC with extensive NFL experience, and he didn't with Hackett, all the NFL experience Hackett has is as a pencil pusher, Doug lied.
Or struck out with his targets or changed his mind.

Or struck out with his targets
That's likely it, and he knew Hack would be locked up soon.

Doug gets what Doug wants, friends.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

There is an awful lot of attitude, effort, and enthusiasm in this thread.

Go for Gods sake give it up. Doug told Gross that he wasnt going to hire Shafer or Hack.
That's not exactly a promise. A promise starts with "I promise". And should probably include "under no foreseeable circumstances".

This all hurts because unlike you, I thought DM and Hack were going to lead us there but you'll have to do better than that to convince anyone that DM is doing anything other than his job (which so far as I can see doesn't benefit from telling lies to your old boss).

Sounds to me like FHCDM unexpectedly whiffed on choice A and Hack was choice B.
Ding ding. My thoughts all along. I wonder if he is in general having trouble filling some spots on the staff, and coming back to our guys.

Yep, Next.

If that's the true sequence of events, then he never really was committed to Syracuse, he was committed to Marrone and Hackett. It is what it is.

Come on man, the great majority of these kids are committed to the coaching staff - NOT the University. It's the same thing in hoops. Only after being on The Hill for a period of time will they ever start bleeding Orange like you and I.

Ding ding. My thoughts all along. I wonder if he is in general having trouble filling some spots on the staff, and coming back to our guys.
Buffalo has to be a tough sell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom