The worst part about all of this | Syracusefan.com

The worst part about all of this

Is I fully expect Wildhack to announce Monday that's he's happy with the progress from 1 to 5 wins and that Dino is back. This school simply isn't serious about winning at the P5 D1 level save for lacrosse. Shameful
The school is serious about basketball but afraid of the backlash it would face by forcing Boeheim out. Similar to the backlash they were afraid of from Jim Brown if they gave #44 to Tucker. No backbone.

I was on Team Keep Dino before the game. Now I’m not so sure.

I just fear that SU doesn’t have the $ to attract the kind of coach that can turn this thing around.

I just fear that SU doesn’t have the $ to attract the kind of coach that can turn this thing around.
What about tonight’s result makes you unsure? Genuinely interested, since I thought it was a stone cold lock that we’d lose tonight. So I’m surprised that this is the game that’d shake your desire to bring him back.

Agreed. Still get back to no natural recruiting base. If there’s a next guy they better address how to attempt to overcome it.

What about tonight’s result makes you unsure? Genuinely interested, since I thought it was a stone cold lock that we’d lose tonight. So I’m surprised that this is the game that’d shake your desire to bring him back.

I thought the team would rally around it being Senior Night and the last chance to get bowl-eligible. Even if we didn’t get the win tonight, I thought we’d be generally competitive.

Instead, we had no offensive game plan. If Dino stays, then Gilbert has to go. Dino sold us on his incredible offensive system which really hasn’t shown up. Guys like Dungey and Tucker made up for a lot of the deficiencies.

Most of my concern about firing Dino is, as mentioned before, do we have the money to pay Dino not to coach and to attract the right guy to come to SU?

If Dino is out, my first choice is Moorhead. Offensive-minded guy. Northeast guy. Has experience as a HC on the SEC level. I’m sure he would want to be a HC again.

I’m not sure who we can hire, that wants to be here, that can recruit well enough to win here. The names that pop up here are not going to come. If a coaching change is made, it will be the sixth head coach since I started being a season ticket holder. I think we’ve had three winning seasons during that time. I’m really not interested in another five year rebuild. I’m glad I stayed home tonight. I’m not missing the two hour drive home. Basketball is almost as bad. I’m taking a hard look at dropping season tickets for hoops too. I’d never get my seats back, but losing to Colgate was maybe the last straw.

Is I fully expect Wildhack to announce Monday that's he's happy with the progress from 1 to 5 wins and that Dino is back. This school simply isn't serious about winning at the P5 D1 level save for lacrosse. Shameful
That happens I’m done, I can’t man I have other things I can do then deal with all of this . Unfortunately tho this is prolly the worst year to be searching for a coach .

I thought the team would rally around it being Senior Night and the last chance to get bowl-eligible. Even if we didn’t get the win tonight, I thought we’d be generally competitive.

Instead, we had no offensive game plan. If Dino stays, then Gilbert has to go. Dino sold us on his incredible offensive system which really hasn’t shown up. Guys like Dungey and Tucker made up for a lot of the deficiencies.

Most of my concern about firing Dino is, as mentioned before, do we have the money to pay Dino not to coach and to attract the right guy to come to SU?

If Dino is out, my first choice is Moorhead. Offensive-minded guy. Northeast guy. Has experience as a HC on the SEC level. I’m sure he would want to be a HC again.
Appreciate the reply. Definitely disappointing that we no-showed such an important game.

The coaches change, but the players we recruit remain the same. Wash, rinse, repeat. Syracuse is just not an attractive destination for recruits. Until that changes, all the throwing money at coaches won't matter.

SU has the money to make a change and get a NE coach like Joe Moorhead to CNY. Can’t wait for the Washington Huskies will be all over him asap.

I don’t have confidence we can get a good replacement.

LSU/Florida/USC are going to have a hard time filling their jobs.

Dino should be gone but let’s face Jeremy’s post is how a good portion of the fanbase feels.

I don’t have no confidence we will fill the job with a good candidate next year either.

SU has the money to make a change and get a NE coach like Joe Moorhead to CNY. Can’t wait for the Washington Huskies will be all over him asap.
I am also worried that UW would want him.

Ed Oregeon went 51-20 at LSU and he got fired.

People here want no part of baggage.

If we wouldn’t consider a guy like Orgeron I have no confidence we could get a good candidate.

We aren’t getting Moorehead better jobs will be offered to him.

Mullen is actually a candidate for NFL jobs.

I want no part of a MAC HC.

So that leaves assistants no thanks.

Dino is getting another year which will just delay the inevitable which is stupid.

Ed Oregeon went 51-20 at LSU and he got fired.

People here want no part of baggage.

If we wouldn’t consider a guy like Orgeron I have confidence we could get a good candidate.

If Eddie O can get 35 four star kids from Louisiana to drive 18 hours north then I’ll drive him up. But he would be Les Miles Kansas.

We have to stop thinking or trying to get the perfect guy who will make this his home…we need to think like cincy….get a great guy who wil elevate the program then move on, then replace him with another good coach…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom