There has been some concern by some that | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

There has been some concern by some that

Honestly, if I have the opposite opinion of you, I know it’s the right opinion. I’m concerned if we share the same opinion.

Concerned for myself

Deeply concerned for myself
star wars emperor.jpg

I'm not sold. He looks better than a #2 center and not quite a #1... Not a huge loss for next season. I'd rather have him than not, but it's not the same category as Jesse.

Yeah, he can prolly go to a high mid-major in a lesser league and be Dr. Dunkenstein.

Every year guys leave. Every year guys step up. Benny is better than he showed this year, he will take a leap. Symir will improve. Joe will be Joe. Jesse should improve. One or two of the freshmen will be playable.
Joe will be way better . Off the ball, hunting shots. Think ACCT Duke Joe

Frank should look at Sid and Jesse. Their development is his path. He should work on being Deandre Jordan.

I'm not sold. He looks better than a #2 center and not quite a #1... Not a huge loss for next season. I'd rather have him than not, but it's not the same category as Jesse.
I think this about 23-24 for Frank. If he stays this year and the staff doesn't feel he has progressed enough, they would go to the portal and recruit over him. That would make his stock go down, right now his stock is pretty high. It might be in his best interest to portal now if he can get a decent shot at a solid starting job.

Why would Benny leave? He's going to start.
Not having any informed Insight, why would Benny leave? How about the repeated public criticism that he received from the HC? Realize that some people strive to improve off of such criticism but it is nice to receive compliments or positive re-enforcement once in a while. Hope Benny and Jesse do not leave.

Syracuse from 2009-2014: 177-42 (.808) overall 80-28 (.741) conference record 6/6 NCAAT bids Top 4 seed every year Average KenPom rank: 10.7

Syracuse from 2015-2022: 155-111 (.583) overall 74-72 (.507) conference record 4/8 NCAAT bids Never a Top 4 seed Average KenPom rank: 48
looking back on the sanctions and the things that other programs got away with it really makes me wonder ...

i guess these numbers are what the sanctions are designed to do

make "offenders" suffer

honest question - whatever SU did was it really that bad? did the "crime" fit the punishment here?

or was it all simply about protecting the blue bloods?

Maybe he does not want JBA or Chas forced out?
Do you really think that? I think Cole wants what is best for Cole at this time. And that is not being selfish. He has earned that right. I don't think that Mintz, or Chaz or JBA will factor in to Cole's decision at all.

Do you really think that? I think Cole wants what is best for Cole at this time. And that is not being selfish. He has earned that right. I don't think that Mintz, or Chaz or JBA will factor in to Cole's decision at all.
Was an honest question. Your answer makes total sense.

Not allowed to talk at all until you’ve entered the portal

Obviously, some back channel stuff does occur but can’t blatantly put out feelers until you have officially committed to the portal
What about Calipari saying he's already been contacted by kids wanting to transfer in? Have kids already entered the portal.

What about Calipari saying he's already been contacted by kids wanting to transfer in? Have kids already entered the portal.

Between 700-1000.

You need both. To win games against good teams, you need 2 good centers.

looking back on the sanctions and the things that other programs got away with it really makes me wonder ...

i guess these numbers are what the sanctions are designed to do

make "offenders" suffer

honest question - whatever SU did was it really that bad? did the "crime" fit the punishment here?

or was it all simply about protecting the blue bloods?

Sanctions were over years ago. Come on. How about some accountability?

according to Verbal Commits, crossed the 1,000 mark today
There’s about 4500 D1 basketball players. Adjusting for graduation, gets you about 3700 players. So over a quarter of all players are in the portal…..wow

If you add in the incoming freshmen, it means roughly 45% roster turnover each year. Tough to build a stable team in the new college landscape

Sanctions were over years ago. Come on. How about some accountability?
regardless of whomevers accountable...i think the sanctions were the catalyst of the downturn...and without the sanctions it wouldnt have been so severe as it has been.

for various reasons (inlcuding nepotism and missassessing talent) the team hasnt been able to right the ship since the sanctions wobbled the entire program...

Last edited:
Let all the overreactions commence. I like Frank and I generally enjoy watching players progress through their career here ( so I basically hate college basketball now). If we can’t get a more productive player than Frank out of the portal then we are in big trouble.
Seriously. Kids our best rebounder

I think you are right. We can't be without a chair when the music stops. We have done that far too much over the last decade.
Thats Jim. He always focuses on 1 kid ( Green) etc and ends up with G holding a bouquet

He’s more comfortable off the ball for sure, but he moves near the top of the scouting report.

Buddy isn’t going to be there to draw the best defensive guard.
Good.

Too many times we saw Buddy try to go one on one vs a good defender with a negative result.

If we get Mintz and Cole comes back, we will see plenty of times where Joe is standing in the corner. A majority of Joes points will come (hopefully) transition 3s and catch + shoot.

If Joe had a high usage rate this season, we’re in trouble no matter who is guarding him. I like Joe but if he’s leading us in minutes, shots, points, etc it’s going to be a big time struggle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom