There has been some concern by some that | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

There has been some concern by some that

Danny Schayes spent 3 years as Bouie's back-up before he got a chance to start here.

And Schayes' NBA career lasted a lot longer than Bouie's did.

BTW, I have both their autographs !!
Entirely off topic, but it's odd to me that Bouie didn't make the NBA and was a second round pick while Danny Schayes was selected 13th overall. Bouie put up much better numbers here and they were the same size. I know Danny had a long and lucrative career, but I would have though Bouie would have lasted a long time in the league based on his size and college numbers.

Cole Swider and Benny Williams were on the local “ Legends “ radio show Saturday Morning. Cole said he is still going through the process and hasn’t made a decision on what is best for him yet. Benny made no indication and certainly didn’t sound like a guy that’s going anywhere. He has an NIL deal going with the station and while he was disappointed in his own level of readiness this last year, he was happy with everything else going forward.

Jesse is going to be the focus of the team next year and will be playing more than 30 minutes a game. And he should, he could be an All-American. That doesn't leave much PT for a backup, Frank probably will portal do to that fact and no other talented 5 will want it either. Ballard and Carey could get a few minutes to give Jesse some rest, that is all they will be needed for.
Jesse better improve his ability to not pick up cheap fouls in order to stay out of foul trouble.

Jesse is going to be the focus of the team next year and will be playing more than 30 minutes a game. And he should, he could be an All-American. That doesn't leave much PT for a backup, Frank probably will portal do to that fact and no other talented 5 will want it either. Ballard and Carey could get a few minutes to give Jesse some rest, that is all they will be needed for.
Therein lies the rub: No player should be playing that many minutes. If Frank leaves, we have freshmen, and/or portal guys behind Jesse, and that’s assuming they’re “ready” as the HC determines.
It’s the same formula that totally wrecked our season once Jesse got hurt. We need a change in team building, bench development, and player acquisition philosophy. We need a change, period! JMHO

If Swider returns does he count towards the 13 scholarship limit ?

Forced smile. Minimal orange. Clearly killed the man that is laying on the bench in the background of the picture. He's gone. Prob UCONN.
Damn. I missed the dead guy looking at Anselem and his guns.

LOL!!! I was thinking the same thing. This is 2022 after all and it's just a matter of time.

That is next level tampering if Felicia can pull that off.

Even better if she can keep him on men's scholarship after the transition.

Therein lies the rub: No player should be playing that many minutes. If Frank leaves, we have freshmen, and/or portal guys behind Jesse, and that’s assuming they’re “ready” as the HC determines.
It’s the same formula that totally wrecked our season once Jesse got hurt. We need a change in team building, bench development, and player acquisition philosophy. We need a change, period! JMHO
Villanova is in the final 4 playing 6 guys. Bacot rarely comes out. Jesse is so good on both ends of the floor, hard to cut back his PT.

Cole Swider and Benny Williams were on the local “ Legends “ radio show Saturday Morning. Cole said he is still going through the process and hasn’t made a decision on what is best for him yet. Benny made no indication and certainly didn’t sound like a guy that’s going anywhere. He has an NIL deal going with the station and while he was disappointed in his own level of readiness this last year, he was happy with everything else going forward.

I've learned to never say never, but just seems strange to me that either would want to leave. Unless Cole has something brewing pro-wise that we don't know about.

Next season lines up as a Symir, Joe, Cole, Jesse, Benny lineup that dominates the minutes. Maybe you replace Symir with Mintz if he comes, but Symir wouldn't go anywhere anyway (2nd transfer).

Cole and Benny, it's all there for the taking.

We have zero. I know we may have had one or two at some point, but we have zero now. Zero.

f962a531adda69d0ce46dd274f1053dc.gif

Always love to work this in where I can.

I've learned to never say never, but just seems strange to me that either would want to leave. Unless Cole has something brewing pro-wise that we don't know about.

Next season lines up as a Symir, Joe, Cole, Jesse, Benny lineup that dominates the minutes. Maybe you replace Symir with Mintz if he comes, but Symir wouldn't go anywhere anyway (2nd transfer).

Cole and Benny, it's all there for the taking.
Yup and the Fab 5 sit and learn with pick and choose minutes. Then as sophs they will have a path to a ton of minutes.

Villanova is in the final 4 playing 6 guys. Bacot rarely comes out. Jesse is so good on both ends of the floor, hard to cut back his PT.

fouls cut hit PT

I’m annoyed. People complain that no info is posted on this site anymore. And then when stuff is, people complain that stuff shouldn’t be posted on this site. ITS A FAN FORUM!!!! That is why 90% of us are here!!!! Because we love Syracuse sports, we want to talk about our team and find out stuff we may not know because we are out of town. This is my info for Syracuse sports. I check this site 6 times a day. Ya, maybe that says something about myself. But I love sports and I love Syracuse Sports. I have shared when I have info (very limited) because I want to give back to the people that share info with us. These tidbits get the juices flowing. If you think that other forums are not doing the same thing, you are nuts. Don’t tell me that this is bad because parents read this forum. There is going to be negatives at every college. College sports isn’t a youth league.

I’ll get off my soap box now. Thank you dasher, most of us appreciate your info that you share. For me, it is much appreciated.

The chilling effect about complaining about posters posting information prevents the information from being presented in the future.
This isn’t a situation to complain about.
The information is legit and being presented how it can give everyone a sense of the situation behind the scenes and not burn anyone.

No need to complain. Dasher doesn’t fight people like others.

I haven't counted it all up but I would not be surprised if we had a open ship.
hmm interesting...i wonder what the plan would be based upon:

1 portal player ----

2 portal players ----

OR

3 portal players----

it really all depends on whom exactly is back

But not knowing that I would say that PG slashing/scoring and Slashing/scoring forward would be the two ideal adds...

of course a center will probably be looked at too

If you are new here, not paying attention, slower on the uptake, unsure, or just generally skeptical or pessimistic, dasher has consistently had great information for 10+ years. He has verified contacts. If he is telling the forum he has heard X, history alone should tell you this something you should pay attention to.

If you are new here, not paying attention, slower on the uptake, unsure, or just generally skeptical or pessimistic, dasher has consistently had great information for 10+ years. He has verified contacts. If he is telling the forum he has heard X, history alone should tell you this something you should pay attention to.
While also understanding that all information is "at that point in time " and can change. If the final outcome is different it doesn't mean the information shared was wrong but likely in most cases represents a teenager (surprise) changed his mind. Which happens people. Folks just need to appreciate information shared. It really is not a difficult ask.

Entirely off topic, but it's odd to me that Bouie didn't make the NBA and was a second round pick while Danny Schayes was selected 13th overall. Bouie put up much better numbers here and they were the same size. I know Danny had a long and lucrative career, but I would have though Bouie would have lasted a long time in the league based on his size and college numbers.
I cant tell you why, but Rosy chose to play in the Italian league and as far as I know he never gave the NBA a real try.

Comparing Schayes to Rosy, they were two totally different players. Danny had the shot, Rosy had the power and the athleticism. His athleticism was off the charts for a man his size. Rosy was an elite defender, shot blocker, and rebounder. Also his O improved steadily during his time at the Hill.

Rosy is one of my all time favorite Cuse players and it is inconceivable to me that he could not have played in the NBA and at least been a backup center if not a starter and maybe even a star.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom