There is a reason Doug hasnot received an extension yet | Syracusefan.com

There is a reason Doug hasnot received an extension yet

HCDM is not going anyplace!!! Point blank and simple! I hope he gets a new OC and replaces his with a ST guy who can recruit...

HCDM is not going anyplace!!! Point blank and simple! I hope he gets a new OC and replaces his with a ST guy who can recruit...

I doubt you are right. If we end up 2-10 he is likely gone. Maybe even 3-9.

I used to think that but I am no longer confident that is true.

4-8 or worse he is done ... lose next week and he is toast

I'm quickly losing my taste for hcdm but replacing him would be a TOXIC move. It'd set the program back another 5 years. Doug should get a 1 year extension.

From the horse's mouth:
"We had a chance to make some plays and get it closer early," Syracuse coach Doug Marrone said. "That has been the problem since I've been here. We've been hurting ourselves."

I'm not saying I hope this happens, but this sounds to me like a guy who is discouraged and considering stepping down.

4-8 or worse he is done ... lose next week and he is toast

I said earlier in the season that Marrone was safe unless he went 2-10 or worse.

If we lose to UConn, we could be staring at 2-10.

I'm quickly losing my taste for hcdm but replacing him would be a TOXIC move. It'd set the program back another 5 years. Doug should get a 1 year extension.

So fixing the problem now instead of waiting to do it later is toxic? :crazy:

From the horse's mouth:
"We had a chance to make some plays and get it closer early," Syracuse coach Doug Marrone said. "That has been the problem since I've been here. We've been hurting ourselves."

I'm not saying I hope this happens, but this sounds to me like a guy who is discouraged and considering stepping down.
i think he has quit mentally

But will we be wasting a year in that 5 year rebuild if we stay with DM, knowing he just isn't going to make this team competitive.

Marrone has to either get popped at the end of this year or we have to give him a golden parachute 1 year extension which will cost the program more money. I don't think he gets the extension without going 5-7. If he is 4-8 or worse Marrone HAS TO GO with a career record of 19-24. That doesn't deserve an extension.

But will we be wasting a year in that 5 year rebuild if we stay with DM, knowing he just isn't going to make this team competitive.

We are competitive in some phases and this team is better than what we had in GRob's era. I think his biggest mistake has been horrible special teams. If Rutgers didn't block that kick today...we win. I think the OL and DL is much better than 5 years ago. Let's let the season play out...I think 6 wins is very attainable.

We are competitive in some phases and this team is better than what we had in GRob's era. I think his biggest mistake has been horrible special teams. If Rutgers didn't block that kick today...we win. I think the OL and DL is much better than 5 years ago. Let's let the season play out...I think 6 wins is very attainable.
and if we lose friday?

The teams left in order of best to least are: Cincinnati, Louisville, Missouri, Usf, Temple, Uconn. So to get 6 wins, who we beating? Not Cincinnati or Louisville . So SU needs to run the table on the rest. What are those odds?

I don't see it, Mark. 2-10 or 4-8 is not competitive. "Better" than the worst coach in our 120 plus years doesn't cut it. We are STILL the bottom of the BE in year 4 and will be an absolute doormat next year in the ACC.

And he doesn't even know ST are part of the game... Like most pro coaches where everything is automatic with the best players on earth.

I don't see it, Mark. 2-10 or 4-8 is not competitive. "Better" than the worst coach in our 120 plus years doesn't cut it. We are STILL the bottom of the BE in year 4 and will be an absolute doormat next year in the ACC.

And he doesn't even know ST are part of the game... Like most pro coaches where everything is automatic with the best players on earth.

I do agree with you that if a new coach is hired a college guy is key.

We are competitive in some phases and this team is better than what we had in GRob's era.

And that right there is part of the problem. Low bar low expectations.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom