There is an opportunity here | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

There is an opportunity here

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be in the tournament next year. All the naysayers will look foolish as usual. Coach will bring in talent that works for the system he's running.

Kadary isn't Melo. He isn't Ennis, he isn't even Bazley. We have endured losses before.

I think Jimmy coming in will be a huge addition. Buddy will be all ACC and Jesse is turning into a Fab Melo disrupter on D.

Tap the brakes folks.

We'll be in the tournament next year. All the naysayers will look foolish as usual. Coach will bring in talent that works for the system he's running.

Kadary isn't Melo. He isn't Ennis, he isn't even Bazley. We have endured losses before.

I think Jimmy coming in will be a huge addition. Buddy will be all ACC and Jesse is turning into a Fab Melo disrupter on D.

Tap the brakes folks.

Yeah as a 10 or 11 seed losing to Virginia twice a year like we always do. Sht has got old real fast.

Caleb Joseph have eligibility left? This is sarcasm if you can't discern it.
Kaleb is a great example that proves Boeheim will change starters year to year. Started like 30 games his first year and none his second.

Of course in his two years at Creighton, he only started 3.

sorry to pick on your post...but I want to spell this out

what have we seen from Joe in 2 seasons that see him as anything but streaky shooter with a questionable handle, an inability to finish against any team with any size whatsoever, and complete liability on defense?

not to mention, pile on the pressure of the entire fan base and the coach who chose him over a Kadary.

this will not end well, imo
should add...it’s not his fault. He should probably get a fresh start elsewhere
Sounds a lot like what was said of Buddy coming in to the season. I love Kadary's game almost as much as most here, but to think that Joe can't be a good player for us is short sighted in my opinion. there are things he has to do during the summer. No question. but with Buddy and Benny, that is a start on any team. Plus, I am a big believer in Jess. have been all year. Even more so at the end of the year. I am willing to see what else we get in the portal before going def con 1

Sounds a lot like what was said of Buddy coming in to the season. I love Kadary's game almost as much as most here, but to think that Joe can't be a good player for us is short sighted in my opinion. there are things he has to do during the summer. No question. but with Buddy and Benny, that is a start on any team. Plus, I am a big believer in Jess. have been all year. Even more so at the end of the year. I am willing to see what else we get in the portal before going def con 1
If Buddy had a full season of 35 mins of Buddy and Joe at guard, we’d still be saying the same things about Buddy, Dash...because they wouldn’t have been in the tourney

If Buddy had a full season of 35 mins of Buddy and Joe at guard, we’d still be saying the same things about Buddy, Dash...because they wouldn’t have been in the tourney
It was Kadary that carried us in to the tournament? I thought it was Buddy and his 25 to 30 pts a game.

It stinks losing KR, it truly does. Great talent, and KR will kill it wherever he goes.

The truth of the matter is, we were a mediocre team until the last month of the season. It is funny how the board all season long was dogging the roster and is now extremely upset about players leaving. I understand the issue with JG3 and the rumors that are being floated about the conversation with JB and KR. We may never know how much truth there is in those rumors.

I see an opportunity to upgrade the roster if JB can pull in guys. What we have now is a lot of potential playing time available. We still have Buddy, an emerging center in Jesse, and potentially an All ACC caliber player in Quincy, if he returns.

All is not lost, yet. I am going to wait and see before I freak out about next years roster. I have to believe that JB knew this was coming and has players in mind that he wants to pursue.

My biggest concern at the moment is whether this affects Quincy's decision or Benny.

This is going to come down to JB's ability to pitch the program to guys like Powell and others in the portal. We may yet come out on top of this.

I appreciate all the guys transferring for their contributions this year.
People aren't necessarily upset with losing players...they are upset with losing 1 player.

I loved Braswell, he was a great role player and good in the zone. I never believed his ceiling was that high though. He clearly is never going to be 100% healthy, as JB stated in an interview. I think we saw what he can offer, but I'm not sure that is something to be consistently counted on.

Ajak, great kid from what I've seen. Will never be more than a role player.

KR is a big loss because of his upside, but it is happening to every program. He shot well in the tournament from three, but again is he going to be a consistent shooter? He obviously has the skills as a penetrator and passer. It is tough truly knowing what we lost because of the limited minutes.

I have not written Joe off yet. I still think he is capable of more than he has shown. It is a big IF, but I think he will improve.
We have 2 years of Joe. He may improve incrementally, but we have 2 years of very similar production to go off of. Yes, programs across the country are losing players but this program is in line to lose 8 players. That's not good.

No offense Dash, but we literally have no player that can break anyone off the dribble now. And I thought JB would want to go out contending for conference championships, not white knuckling to 18-20 wins. I mean there's no good way to spin it. You do what you can to keep your best players and he didn't. If we are on the bubble next year he deserves all the heat.

yeah, and who else was on the floor? There are all kinds of games that can be played with numbers like that. Buddy carried us to the tournament. Not Kadary. Not Jess. Not Joe. I like Kadary a lot. would rather have him as the pt next year. But we will have players and we will be good. When i the last time we had tow players like Buddy and Benny with a mobile big man? It isn't as dare as the over reacting board thinks or dare say, want it to be. We lost a very good player and that hurts. But we are adding guys and some of the guys here will improve. I would suggest we wait to find out. We can always complain next year if we aren't.

No offense Dash, but we literally have no player that can break anyone off the dribble now. And I thought JB would want to go out contending for conference championships, bit white knuckling to 18-20 wins. I mean there's no good way to spin it. You do what you can to keep your best players and he didn't. If we are on the bubble next year he deserves all the heat.
have you seen Benny play?

yeah, and who else was on the floor? There are all kinds of games that can be played with numbers like that. Buddy carried us to the tournament. Not Kadary. Not Jess. Not Joe. I like Kadary a lot. would rather have him as the pt next year. But we will have players and we will be good. When i the last time we had tow players like Buddy and Benny with a mobile big man? It isn't as dare as the over reacting board thinks or dare say, want it to be. We lost a very good player and that hurts. But we are adding guys and some of the guys here will improve. I would suggest we wait to find out. We can always complain next year if we aren't.
I think what that stat shows is that Kadary carried us this season, and Buddy going nuke took us to the S16.

18-23 wins and 10-14 losses each of the past 7 seasons. That's what we will do next year with somewhere between 9-11 ACC wins by getting boat raced by the top of the conference as usual. Those are the expectations for this era of Syracuse basketball.

I think what that stat shows is that Kadary carried us this season, and Buddy going nuke took us to the S16.
Who else was on the floor when those numbers were being made? Maybe it was just getting joe off the floor. Or someone else. Like Griff?

ok. You are talking about the last month of games.

WE WERE OUTSCORED WHEN HE WASNT ON THE FLOOR.
what are we doing here.
if the lineup was Joe and Buddy, we don’t beat Notre Dame, Buffalo, NC State 1, etc we would not have made the tourney.

Who else was on the floor when those numbers were being made? Maybe it was just getting joe off the floor. Or someone else. Like Griff?
No. It is was the others, the stat wouldn’t be specific to Kadary over the course of a season

ok. You are talking about the last month of games.

WE WERE OUTSCORED WHEN HE WASNT ON THE FLOOR.
what are we doing here.
if the lineup was Joe and Buddy, we don’t beat Notre Dame, Buffalo, NC State 1, etc we would not have made the tourney.
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors