There is an opportunity here | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

There is an opportunity here

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is our only hope? Find something else to do with your winter. This is causing you too much angst.

Well I mean things were looking up a week ago. We went to the sweet 16, had a talented guard projected to come back, and Buddy looked like he is turning into a star. I really am skeptical how we are going to get players when JB plays 7.5 guys and we are going to finish this spectacle with 4 on the roster. I mean I have had season tickets for 18 years it is frustrating seeing our coach be ok with losing 10-15 games every year.

No. It is was the others, the stat wouldn’t be specific to Kadary over the course of a season
That is my point. It isn't. The stat is made to look that way. There are other variables. he was a sub. when he came in, the other team was subbing. That stat doesn't take things like that in to consideration. I'm sure when we fall short next year, it will be 100% that kadary isn't here. The one that got away is always the one. Once again, I really like the player. But the program isn't in free fall because a reserve guard left. no matter how much this board wants to make him in to magic johnson.

Who else was on the floor when those numbers were being made? Maybe it was just getting joe off the floor. Or someone else. Like Griff?
It actually doesn't super matter who else was on the floor. The whole idea of that kind of statistic is that it treats each player as the variable of interest.

NBA stat nerds do all kind of stuff enhancing that analysis by looking at lineup performance to better answer the specifics of your question and understand which combinations matter most. I don't know that data like that is easy to come by for college though.

That is my point. It isn't. The stat is made to look that way. There are other variables. he was a sub. when he came in, the other team was subbing. That stat doesn't take things like that in to consideration. I'm sure when we fall short next year, it will be 100% that kadary isn't here. The one that got away is always the one. Once again, I really like the player. But the program isn't in free fall because a reserve guard left. no matter how much this board wants to make him in to magic johnson.

so who do you think like the league leaders in this stat are?

Well I mean things were looking up a week ago. We went to the sweet 16, had a talented guard projected to come back, and Buddy looked like he is turning into a star. I really am skeptical how we are going to get players when JB plays 7.5 guys and we are going to finish this spectacle with 4 on the roster. I mean I have had season tickets for 18 years it is frustrating seeing our coach be ok with losing 10-15 games every year.
You think he is okay with losing 10 to 15 games a year? I don't. And I think we are past time for a change. Not because he is okay with losing 10 to 15 games a year. But because at his age, you can't put the same effort in as a guy 25 years younger. You just can't. I'm 65, and I can't. i know that. No one beats father time. But Jb still wants to win more than anyone on this board.

It will be hilarious/sad when Jimmy Boeheim starts eating into Bennys minutes and we hear the same excuses from coach and posters on here that he’s not a big loss, wasn’t helping us win now, didn’t provide spacing, and so on.

You think he is okay with losing 10 to 15 games a year? I don't. And I think we are past time for a change. Not because he is okay with losing 10 to 15 games a year. But because at his age, you can't put the same effort in as a guy 25 years younger. You just can't. I'm 65, and I can't. i know that. No one beats father time. But Jb still wants to win more than anyone on this board.

It's not even the effort. It's his decision making and overall strategy now. He is making decisions that are torpedoing any chance we have of being a good team. You would think he would want to have the best team possible around his kid who I think has the ability to be a great player next year.

If you want to win more than why don’t you play a better player?

so who do you think like the league leaders in this stat are?
No idea. I do think because of the talent level on this team, that Kadray benefited by playing less with stats like that. the longer you are out there, the worse it would have been for that number. Not worse for the team, mind you. He is better than Joe.

No idea. I do think because of the talent level on this team, that Kadray benefited by playing less with stats like that. the longer you are out there, the worse it would have been for that number. Not worse for the team, mind you. He is better than Joe.
if that’s the case, when why don’t reserves in the nba lead the league

If you want to win more than why don’t you play a better player?
I'm just spit balling here but I don't think JB thought Kadary gave us the best chance to win. i disagree with that. but I don't know what Jb knows.

Which is exactly what the stat is showing, Outside of 3 or 4 minutes a game it was either Kadary or Joe. You know Kadary is better than Joe and you say it right there, if that’s the case why didn’t he play more minutes than Joe?

if that’s the case, when why don’t reserves in the nba lead the league
I don't know that they don't. Don't really care. If the question is, who do I think should have played more, I have been clear it is Kadary. I just haven't written Joe off as a player like some of you have.

Which is exactly what the stat is showing, Outside of 3 or 4 minutes a game it was either Kadary or Joe. You know Kadary is better than Joe and you say it right there, if that’s the case why didn’t he play more minutes than Joe?
Why would you ask me that? I didn't make the decision on who to play. I am willing to consider that Jb knew things that I don't. I guess you aren't.

I'm just spit balling here but I don't think JB thought Kadary gave us the best chance to win. i disagree with that. but I don't know what Jb knows.
Sad part is I think you are right which does not bode well for the short term state of the program with Boeheim as coach

Sad part is I think you are right which does not bode well for the short term state of the program with Boeheim as coach
That very well might be true. But I would have to think we are in the final stages of this. 2 years at the most.

Why would you ask me that? I didn't make the decision on who to play. I am willing to consider that Jb knew things that I don't. I guess you aren't.
I’m just asking because it’s bizarre and nobody can make sense of it. The only logical answer I saw was from Bulldog.

I don't know that they don't. Don't really care. If the question is, who do I think should have played more, I have been clear it is Kadary. I just haven't written Joe off as a player like some of you have.
You don't have to write off Joe. The issue is that other recruits/transfers see what is happening. That's a JAB issue. Kids and their handlers can put 2+2 together and see that there is a lack of minutes available. Jim is going to run Joe and Buddy 35+ MPG again next year and bring in a Howard Washington comp to be the third guard. If a kid is in the transfer portal, I can assure you he is not looking to play LESS minutes than where he was playing and they know how many minutes are available here...

Who else was on the floor when those numbers were being made? Maybe it was just getting joe off the floor. Or someone else. Like Griff?
THe problem is for people that pay for season tickets this sucks.
People like you and me go to maybe 1 game a year.

The season ticket holders for 5-6 years now have been shelling a lot of money for the product we have put on the floor.

And now we will never have one game where a crowd will see Kadary unless it’s on the road teams roster.

I don’t think the Auburn kid will transfer here or Taylor will reclassify. We are just going to be medicore till JB retires and hope for postseason runs is tiresome.

This HC deserves respect but he behaves like he is Richard Nixon.
Paranoid, thin skinned, intelligent.

That very well might be true. But I would have to think we are in the final stages of this. 2 years at the most.

I think people forget we've been in the midst of a global pandemic which has thrown everything into a blender. Kentucky, Duke didn't make the tournament. Kentucky barely competed and their big recruit (Clarke) just left for the NBA.

I want to wait and see how things shake out before I lose an ounce of sleep over Richmond leaving.
It sounds like he was leaving if we even got to the Final Four this year. His goals are not aligned with the goals of the program. He wants to get to the NBA pronto. I totally respect that and wish him well in getting to that point. Everyone should wish him well. But it doesn't mean the guys who stay aren't going to get better, help Syracuse achieve a goal of NCAA success and heaven forbid, we bring in transfers who align better with the remaining personnel.

Let's see how Boeheim cooks it up. I'm excited for next year TBH. The team has been down more often than not recently but i still feel optimistic about the program. Maybe the PTSD of the early 90s post probation still sting with me as the worst period to be a Syracuse fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom