There is an opportunity here | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

There is an opportunity here

Status
Not open for further replies.
THe problem is for people that pay for season tickets this sucks.
People like you and me go to maybe 1 game a year.

The season ticket holders for 5-6 years now have been shelling a lot of money for the product we have put on the floor.

And now we will never have one game where a crowd will see Kadary unless it’s on the road teams roster.

I don’t think the Auburn kid will transfer here or Taylor will reclassify. We are just going to be medicore till JB retires and hope for postseason runs is tiresome.

This HC deserves respect but he behaves like he is Richard Nixon.
Paranoid, thin skinned, intelligent.
Richard Nixon is too strong. Someone close to the program said Donald Trump. That is too strong as well. I think we will be better next year but we will also have a tough schedule. That island trip is the best field I have ever seen in a preseason tournament. But for the first time in ages, we will have a big center. And two excellent scorers. We should be able to fill the roster up with valuable pieces. although the first name I hear at guard is not going to make people happy. And don't pm me, I am sworn to secrecy.

It stinks losing KR, it truly does. Great talent, and KR will kill it wherever he goes.

The truth of the matter is, we were a mediocre team until the last month of the season. It is funny how the board all season long was dogging the roster and is now extremely upset about players leaving. I understand the issue with JG3 and the rumors that are being floated about the conversation with JB and KR. We may never know how much truth there is in those rumors.

I see an opportunity to upgrade the roster if JB can pull in guys. What we have now is a lot of potential playing time available. We still have Buddy, an emerging center in Jesse, and potentially an All ACC caliber player in Quincy, if he returns.

All is not lost, yet. I am going to wait and see before I freak out about next years roster. I have to believe that JB knew this was coming and has players in mind that he wants to pursue.

My biggest concern at the moment is whether this affects Quincy's decision or Benny.

This is going to come down to JB's ability to pitch the program to guys like Powell and others in the portal. We may yet come out on top of this.

I appreciate all the guys transferring for their contributions this year.
Say it with me, I promise it will be life changing...

Hope is not a plan. Wishing is not a strategy.

Say it with me, I promise it will be life changing...

Hope is not a plan. Wishing is not a strategy.
Either is whining. We have work to do. I have zero doubt that we can put a far superior team on the floor next year than the one we had. There are plenty of players out there and we have really good winning pieces still here or coming. My worry, is that we won't work as hard as we need to. If I am wrong and we do, I will be very happy with the team we should have next year.

Either is whining. We have work to do. I have zero doubt that we can put a far superior team on the floor next year than the one we had. There are plenty of players out there and we have really good winning pieces still here or coming. My worry, is that we won't work as hard as we need to. If I am wrong and we do, I will be very happy with the team we should have next year.
By "we" I'm assuming you are talking about the team and coaching staff.

There's literally nothing "we", as the collective fanbase and syrfan board, can really do about this situation.

By "we" I'm assuming you are talking about the team and coaching staff.

There's literally nothing "we", as the collective fanbase and syrfan board, can really do about this situation.
Yes. I was referring to the team and the coaches. However, if you really wanted to help, you could throw some money in the send dasher to the world series of poker fund. Nothing more you could do to help the hoops program than that.

Richard Nixon is too strong. Someone close to the program said Donald Trump. That is too strong as well. I think we will be better next year but we will also have a tough schedule. That island trip is the best field I have ever seen in a preseason tournament. But for the first time in ages, we will have a big center. And two excellent scorers. We should be able to fill the roster up with valuable pieces. although the first name I hear at guard is not going to make people happy. And don't pm me, I am sworn to secrecy.
Who's the second excellent scorer? Benny? Since Paul Harris I vowed never to count on any Frosh until you see him in ACC play.

76, HOF, face of the program, whatever, if you aren't willing to work as hard as needed, you need to go.

Who's the second excellent scorer? Benny? Since Paul Harris I vowed never to count on any Frosh until you see him in ACC play.
That is your privilege. I talked to a major college coach today ( not one of ours) who said he is an impact player day 1. Saw him a lot because his school was recruiting someone else from IMG. I believe that. You don't have to.

76, HOF, face of the program, whatever, if you aren't willing to work as hard as needed, you need to go.
You will get no argument from me. We are on short time now.

If Boeheim isn't willing to work hard after losing his entire roster basically hang it up and go play 18 everyday.

sorry to pick on your post...but I want to spell this out

what have we seen from Joe in 2 seasons that see him as anything but streaky shooter with a questionable handle, an inability to finish against any team with any size whatsoever, and complete liability on defense?

not to mention, pile on the pressure of the entire fan base and the coach who chose him over a Kadary.

this will not end well, imo
should add...it’s not his fault. He should probably get a fresh start elsewhere
Think of all the confidence Joe gained from JB not promising anyone else the start over him. Immeasurable...

Wait a second... But... That's not a month old... I mean...

This is an unmitigated disaster. Stats prove it. The response by ex-players proves it. Common sense tells anyone that it's true.

This isn't an argument. This is bad for us. Very bad for us.

So Torrence. We are screwed.

I get what you're saying. I do.

The reason why some of us are really upset about this is because we feel the guys leaving are ones that were solutions to improving the roster.
Agree Kdary should start his defence and offence ..we need

What has given you any inclination of Joe improving?
The reality that most players improve over the course of a couple of years.

The reality that most players improve over the course of a couple of years.
You’d think but you usually see things improve or things change within their game. He clearly isn’t changing his shot selection, he’s not getting taller or faster. I don’t see it.

You’d think but you usually see things improve or things change within their game. He clearly isn’t changing his shot selection, he’s not getting taller or faster. I don’t see it.
It’s my experience watching SU since before the dome that many players actually regress a little in their soph year. The sophomore slump. I have no idea what JG will do, but I see no reason to believe he won’t continue to improve.

It’s my experience watching SU since before the dome that many players actually regress a little in their soph year. The sophomore slump. I have no idea what JG will do, but I see no reason to believe he won’t continue to improve.
Might be true but even with him improving, he will never be what makes our zone successful defensively. You take the good with the bad when it comes to Joe.

Might be true but even with him improving, he will never be what makes our zone successful defensively. You take the good with the bad when it comes to Joe.
Maybe. I think JG has more upside than most folks here. Based on the opinions of this board, Buddy should never have been offered a scholarship.

I see an opportunity to upgrade the roster if JB can pull in guys. What we have now is a lot of potential playing time available.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but if JB could pull in the right guys, do you think we would be in this position in the first place.

Girard and Buddy are the starters. Whomever is coming is their backup.
Disagree if Justin Powell comes he will start at the point with Kadary now gone. I know he can play the 3 as well.

Guess you haven’t looked in the Kadary thread.
Guess we haven’t learned in the last four years that Twitter doesn’t always tell the entire story. Jim may have said that as of right now Joe is the starter and counseled Kadary on the areas of his game he needs to work on, but JB did not say Joe is the starting point guard for the 2021-22 season. Absurd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors