They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did). | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did).

there are probably more cases, because people have it without knowing it
however
there is only a certain portion of the population that is really at risk if they contract it

not probably, definitely. And not just because people don’t know it, because the people tearing is so minuscule.

So, if the games actually happen, are they going to let people sit together? Or does social distancing require at least three seats between patrons?

Seriously. I still think the death toll will be far less than from influenza.
Maybe so, but the ultimate death toll isn't the only way we'll be keeping score.

Seriously. I still think the death toll will be far less than from influenza.
you will be correct
on average 40k americans die from the flu yearly yet
some don't get a vaccine, and the media doesn't cover it
yet 38 people die and we have 10 cases in serious critical condition and we are in mass panic because its new and there is no vaccine

Wish Troop was down there to lead the charge at the local bars and give us updates.

I attempted to drink the cancer out of a buddy once. I think it went pretty well, but the show boating doctors keep trying to take all the credit for his recovery.

I know damn well that I could drink this virus out of the whole dang NCAA

because the ncaa is ignorant.

No, because the NBA will still likely move forward with its playoffs and championship. They know that people don't give a damn about the long, relatively uneventful regular season. My opinion of course. ;)

you will be correct
on average 40k americans die from the flu yearly yet
some don't get a vaccine, and the media doesn't cover it
yet 38 people die and we have 10 cases in serious critical condition and we are in mass panic because its new and there is no vaccine
But most Americans have been exposed to some version of the flu previously, so they would have some resistance built in, unlike covid-19

But most Americans have been exposed to some version of the flu previously, so they would have some resistance built in, unlike covid-19
But even so, 40,000.

One wonders why we don't do this every year.

I think I somewhat agree. I am no doctor but look at h1n1 in 2009. Over 60 million people were infected and over 12k deaths in the US alone. It seems like we are responding to this virus much differently.
Definitly and people are blaming and pointing fingers a lot quicker at a certain position than before

Death isn't the only metric.

Annual flu deaths don't cause a bear market in the span of 3 days.

Utlimately the handleing of the epidemic by the gov't will be the leading metric and one that people remember. So far the market has responde to the fog we are in with respect to the managment of the outbreak.

there are probably more cases, because people have it without knowing it
however
there is only a certain portion of the population that is really at risk if they contract it

The problem is that the asymptomatic can spread it widely without realizing they're doing so. The mortality rate is not Ebola high but it's not unsubstantial either. And when you don't have a public health system that covers all, then there will be millions of poor people and illegals that will get it and spread it. The poor are also the ones that can't stay home for two weeks and just ride it out. Those who go to the doctor, and then probably to the emergency room, only when they're in dire straits may spread it to hundreds of people.

The mortality rate is between 2-3%, nearly 15% for people above 70. Of course, the better the health system and precautionary measures taken, the lower the death rate. But let's be optimistic and say we'll have a mortality rate of 2% here. Let's say just 10% of the population contracts the virus. That works out to about 660,000 deaths.

1200 out of 327,000,000 Americans have it. My calculator faults out when I try to put that into a percentage. Why would you assume someone has it?

Because the numbers are almost certainly artificially low due to lack of adequate testing and a delayed response in mitigating large gatherings.

Caution is warranted. The media fearmongering is not legit. Other forces at work

The problem is that the asymptomatic can spread it widely without realizing they're doing so. The mortality rate is not Ebola high but it's not unsubstantial either. And when you don't have a public health system that covers all, then there will be millions of poor people and illegals that will get it and spread it. The poor are also the ones that can't stay home for two weeks and just ride it out. Those who go to the doctor, and then probably to the emergency room, only when they're in dire straits may spread it to hundreds of people.

The mortality rate is between 2-3%, nearly 15% for people above 70. Of course, the better the health system and precautionary measures taken, the lower the death rate. But let's be optimistic and say we'll have a mortality rate of 2% here. Let's say just 10% of the population contracts the virus. That works out to about 660,000 deaths.
Then based on those projections, I would say our govt is responding pretty quickly by funding $8 billion to it already and limiting foreign travel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom