Things Almost Got Ugly in the Hallway | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Things Almost Got Ugly in the Hallway

I always have been a little bit terrified of an actual emergency situation taking place in a full dome. I know that getting out would be a little bit different because emergency exits would be open, but with those incredibly tight concourses, I hope it's nothing we ever have to deal with.

That is an AMAZING story. This firefighter just happened to be sitting a little ways from the man and noticed his slump. And without his being there, the man undoubtedly would have died, since he didn’t have a pulse. What a wonderful story!

I always have been a little bit terrified of an actual emergency situation taking place in a full dome. I know that getting out would be a little bit different because emergency exits would be open, but with those incredibly tight concourses, I hope it's nothing we ever have to deal with.

Seriously though, the dome with so many medical people there, not including the numerous fans attending with medical backgrounds, is one of the safest places to have a medical emergency, if you have one. In addition the proximity to major hospitals etc - if these people had these emergencies at home, the results might be tragic. I know a few people whose lives thankfully were saved by having their life threatening emergencies at the dome.

Seriously though, the dome with so many medical people there, not including the numerous fans attending with medical backgrounds, is one of the safest places to have a medical emergency, if you have one. In addition the proximity to major hospitals etc - if these people had these emergencies at home, the results might be tragic. I know a few people whose lives thankfully were saved by having their life threatening emergencies at the dome.

I think they mean like a fire or something where everyone has to evacuate at once. That would be not good.

I think they mean like a fire or something where everyone has to evacuate at once. That would be not good.

That is very true. The concourses are totally inadequate. Wonder if even for basketball, if fans have the option to leave out through the exits in the open unoccupied sections or if they are locked. Yikes.

Too many concessions necking down already congested concourse. It’s a mess with large crowds. I was at many big games in late 80’s/90’s when they only sold beer out of the main concessions stands and there was never congestion like Saturday

They need to learn to shut down the concessions for 15 mins on the ends. There is no room for people to be waiting in line for food and walk through. Poor job on the staff.

Close down the concessions when that starts. It would’ve solved the problems.

They need to learn to shut down the concessions for 15 mins on the ends. There is no room for people to be waiting in line for food and walk through. Poor job on the staff.

Close down the concessions when that starts. It would’ve solved the problems.
Signs that read stay to the right may help. I got caught in that mess. The problem was beer concessions in bad places. I saw one guy actually take a beer out of some poor girls had and start to drink it. She started screaming at him and he made some rude comments to her. He pushed his way between me and the girl and I nearly gave him a forearm shiver but I settled on giving him an elbow to the ribs. He may have got into it with people behind me too.

darn tootin', a great one immediately comes to mind

Signs that read stay to the right may help. I got caught in that mess. The problem was beer concessions in bad places. I saw one guy actually take a beer out of some poor girls had and start to drink it. She started screaming at him and he made some rude comments to her. He pushed his way between me and the girl and I nearly gave him a forearm shiver but I settled on giving him an elbow to the ribs. He may have got into it with people behind me too.
you don't take the beer, if you just lean over and slurp out of it without grabbing it, people might forgive you

Can you imagine the lawsuits if a fire broke out and people were trampled to death or severely injured? All it takes is one legal argument that the university knew about code infractions and did nothing. Just widen the concourses and be done with it already. It's better bang for your buck to spend $100M opening the walls then it is spending $100M to settle lawsuits.

Not good.

Third-largest crowd ever in a space-deprived environment. Space will be better in 2022. Text-if-there-is-a-problem hopefully comes next year, worst 2021.
How will the space be better? I haven't read anything about that. :confused:

Can you imagine the lawsuits if a fire broke out and people were trampled to death or severely injured? All it takes is one legal argument that the university knew about code infractions and did nothing. Just widen the concourses and be done with it already. It's better bang for your buck to spend $100M opening the walls then it is spending $100M to settle lawsuits.
It doesn’t even need to be a fire. Anything that would have caused people to panic. The fights could have sufficed. If a brawl had broken out a lot people would have been hurt.

It wouldn’t be about code infractions. There would be no f-ball or b-ball games if the place wasn’t up to code.

It wouldn’t be about code infractions. There would be no f-ball or b-ball games if the place wasn’t up to code.
University setting up bars restricting hallways is an infraction, but has not been enforced by politicos.

University setting up bars restricting hallways is an infraction, but has not been enforced by politicos.

I don’t think it’s quite that straight forward.

solution. beer drones. type in your order and seat number and the beverage is delivered to you.
what could possibly go wrong with that technology ?
I love this idea. The drone test corridor is only a few miles away.

Next challenge would be catheter delivery and installation to avoid bathroom breaks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom