Things we need to see vs WMU | Syracusefan.com

Things we need to see vs WMU

I want to see Shrader hitting anyone who is wide open. I usually always watch every game twice because I can typically see more on tv after watching it live.

Have t watched the game again yet, but it seemed like he held on to the ball and scrambled a couple times when he had a receiver wide open. Probably just getting back in the swing of things, I’m not concerned.

What happens at wide receiver. Hatcher, Long, and Gill made plays. Do they get a chance again this week? Do they get any first team run? Will Peña play?

I’m looking for 2 things personally. Firstly I’ll be hoping to see Garrett Shrader settle in and look more polished than he did against Colgate. He had a good stat line but there were multiple balls thrown behind receivers, a couple under throws, and a couple throws where the timing was off. It didn’t matter against Colgate but as we move through the season I’d really like for that to get cleaned up. And I think it will.

Next is the O line. They started off pretty shaky early but got better as the game went on and I’m hoping we see that continue over into WMU. Again in this game we’re going to have a pretty decent size advantage and I’d really like for that to show on Saturday. Lots of time for GS in the pocket and big lanes for our stable of backs to run through is what I’m hoping for.

An OL that looks vastly improved. It’s really the only thing I care about….I’m good with defense, specials and the skill positions. It’s the difference between 6 wins and 9 wins.

We will know a lot by Saturday night.

52-13

That’s what I want to see

How they get there is a secondary concern
Interesting opinion. To me how they get there is what's most important. An easy win is expected. I want to see excellent execution in the tune up games moreso than just our superior talent.

Last edited:
An OL that looks vastly improved. It’s really the only thing I care about….I’m good with defense, specials and the skill positions. It’s the difference between 6 wins and 9 wins.

Agreed. If the o-line is just average this season, and we stay relatively healthy, we get 9 wins.

^^^This. Oline as I say every year is everything. I am not concerned about GS throwing, just like I am not concerned about players who dropped a few of his throws. I would like to see a little more WR distribution earlier though. I want to see more Daniels.

WMU is a bad team. I bet -23.5 this morning.

If the OLine doesn't control the line of scrimmage I will be very nervous going into Purdue. If things are clicking this should be a 42-10 type of game. I think the defense dominates, again.

All about the guys up front. Shrader will get into a better groove this week.

Silly as this sounds but I'd like to see Denaburg attempt a kick from 40+ just to see.
I don't think that's silly. Until we see Denaburg kick and make FGs consistently, it's not unreasonable to wonder how well he will do. Dino certainly believes in him, so that's promising.

Conversely, I don't think I've ever seen an SU player kickoff as well a Denaburg. He has done that consistently "great."

Better O line play and the secondary shutting down WMU. Hopefully the game gets out of hand and the backup RBs can gain yards and move the chains if we're tying to run it out.

I'm not really going to focus on Garrett Shrader bc he had serious offseason surgery and clearly has instructions to not pick up any injuries first couple of weeks. I'll judge him from Purdue on. Thrilled CDRW turned around his awful spring game with a nice showing vs Colgate. I doubt we see him until very late this week though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom