This absolutely has to be talked about | Syracusefan.com

This absolutely has to be talked about

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
This is something that I just cannot believe and yet it happens over-and-over-and-over again. If the shot clock gets to 8 seconds or less, it is virtually guaranteed the other team will score. This was a major part of the 4 game losing streak last year and it has not stopped. About 80% of the made baskets in that situation are 3's.

Today WVU had two shot clock violations which is amazing. But they also hit at least 3 shots at the shot clock buzzer, two of them 3's, one of those an f-ing bank shot.

The goal of a defense is to produce exactly this result - rushed or bad shot. In this case our defense forces BOTH and yet teams are shooting like 80% in that situation.You could literally set your watch by it.

Just What???!?

This is something that I just cannot believe and yet it happens over-and-over-and-over again. If the shot clock gets to 8 seconds or less, it is virtually guaranteed the other team will score. This was a major part of the 4 game losing streak last year and it has not stopped. About 80% of the made baskets in that situation are 3's.

Today WVU had two shot clock violations which is amazing. But they also hit at least 3 shots at the shot clock buzzer, two of them 3's, one of those an f-ing bank shot.

The goal of a defense is to produce exactly this result - rushed or bad shot. In this case our defense forces BOTH and yet teams are shooting like 80% in that situation.You could literally set your watch by it.

Just What???!?

It borders on the absurd how many times we foul late in the shot clock [as in, under 3 seconds]. But I agree--teams have made a lot of buzzer beater shots at the end of the shot clock the last few games.

Not much you can say other than it is probably the single most maddening part of SU Basketball. You know it's coming, but can do nothing about it. The only thing that's worse is letting them get a shot off at the buzzer and giving up the rebound so we can suffer through the same :35 seconds of hell all over again.

WV's offense is designed to run 25 seconds off the shot clock on every posession.

Just What???!?
I would guess the perception is very different from the reality.

Not much you can say other than it is probably the single most maddening part of SU Basketball. You know it's coming, but can do nothing about it. The only thing that's worse is letting them get a shot off at the buzzer and giving up the rebound so we can suffer through the same :35 seconds of hell all over again.
It is maddening to hold a team to 40% shooting? It is maddening to turn teams over 20 times a game? It is maddening to be 22-1?

(I agree the rebounding thing is maddening)

It is maddening to hold a team to 40% shooting? It is maddening to turn teams over 20 times a game? It is maddening to be 22-1?

(I agree the rebounding thing is maddening)

Unfortunately, that solid defensive effort was offset by getting pounded on the glass so badly [I think JB talked about this in the post-game press conference]. Very, very frustrating.

Unfortunately, that solid defensive effort was offset by getting pounded on the glass so badly [I think JB talked about this in the post-game press conference]. Very, very frustrating.
I didnt see it. But the guards have to rebound. All 3 were in la-la land today. I actually thought James did ok down there. CJ was often on KJones side so he was out of position alot. Joseph rebounded ok.

The problem is you can't continue to have 2 non-rebounding forwards in the game at the same time. CJ does not rebound 3 in 26 minutes and 0 fouls yet our centers end up with 9 fouls. Thats why we need Fab back so rak can get back to playing at the 4 and at least get a chance to get rebounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom