This board makes me sad sometimes | Syracusefan.com

This board makes me sad sometimes

B

Brooky03

We lose on the road to a bad team because we're not a very good team, which we all knew. I expected to come here and see some level-headed conversation about how it just wasn't our day, along with some criticism of our offense.

Instead, the general impression I got is that this loss means we're an awful team, we'll be lucky to win again, the zone is bad, Cooney is bad, the sophomores are bad, Joseph is bad, and Boeheim is bad.

Just depressing. There are losses that you try to learn from or gain something from and there are losses that you throw in the garbage and never think about again. This loss is the latter.

yeah, I get what OP is saying but anyone who watched that first half understands that most of the criticism and derision on here is warranted...
now, the "zone sucks" threads are a different story

We lose on the road to a bad team because we're not a very good team, which we all knew. I expected to come here and see some level-headed conversation about how it just wasn't our day, along with some criticism of our offense.

Instead, the general impression I got is that this loss means we're an awful team, we'll be lucky to win again, the zone is bad, Cooney is bad, the sophomores are bad, Joseph is bad, and Boeheim is bad.

Just depressing. There are losses that you try to learn from or gain something from and there are losses that you throw in the garbage and never think about again. This loss is the latter.
Always remember you're only as good as your last game. Or last half. Or last play.

Defensively and on on the boards, they are the type of athletic team that can give us trouble. Offensively, they just had one of those days. It happens. We don't have a lot of offensive options and when the other guys hit shots they have been missing all season...(sigh)...it happens.

yeah, I get what OP is saying but anyone who watched that first half understands that most of the criticism and derision on here is warranted...
now, the "zone sucks" threads are a different story
The first half yesterday was the flip side of the first half against Georgia Tech. It happens to every team at some point. Unfortunately it doomed SU yesterday.

The truth is always somewhere in the middle. My observations were we had a horrible shooting day even by our standards, we could have been better on the defensive boards, Gbinije needs to work on rebounding in practice, we need scoring from Patterson, Roberson, and Joseph, and Cooney needs to not go 0-8 from 3.

If we have a normal shooting day, we lose by less than 5 and maybe pull out a victory. If Cooney or Gbinije had a decent day on top of that, we would have won. Clemson isn't that much better than us.

Yes, these games "usually" happen to everybody. We've seen Duke struggle 2 games in a row against middle of the pack ACC teams before beating Ville. Unfortunately, if we are postseason eligible, we already had those games early on which means we can't afford to have these games now.

Can't speak for anyone else, but the lack of effort on the defensive boards, and with respect to interior defense was inexcusable.

Rak is working so much harder on offence this year than prior year's. A player only has so much energy over the course of the game.

It's hard to ask a center in our system to carry the offence and be the backbone of our 2-3. If it's going to work you need some really good defensive 3-4's to help out, because Rak just naturally can't have the same energy.

the only thing more predictable than the dozen or so threads laying blame after each loss is the thread that calls out all those other threads.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
The thing is, and I don't know what the mods delete, all the criticisms on this board are usually worthy of discussion. Again, I don't know what gets deleted, but no one is personally attacking a player when they say that player may not be capable of producing at the level a Syracuse player is expected to. The zone exclusivity is worthy of a discussion as well, especially in a year when were not playing it very well.

this is a team still having growing pains -
they will have a few more What games won or lost-

we lost a big part of the machine -and that added pressure to grow-
we could be looking at a dark horse team right here-

if these kids learn to ride raks back - look out

Yesterday is just how we played on the road against our other two ACC games. They made us play too quick and got physical against. We are going to struggle whenever we get hurried or teams are physical.

It happens. Watching it on TV with Sea-GB. Seattle sucks today, but they don't suck. We always say "That is why we play the games" but at the same time don't really feel that...

Rak was trying to avoid foul trouble and G was overmatched. He's a good rebounder for a SG, he's merely average for a SF.

No he's not. He's way below average for a SF. The last two games prove this. He can't compete on the boards vs ACC forwards. Expect us to continue to give up a horrendous number of offensive boards this year.

I would have thought that somebody who has almost 1000 posts would have been here after any of the gams SU has lost to perceived "inferior" teams. After anyone of those there would have been much fewervlevel headed posts versus rants about how bad the team/player/coach are. Always happens. Many times I wonder if some of the people just cut and paste previous posts.

Can't speak for anyone else, but the lack of effort on the defensive boards, and with respect to interior defense was inexcusable.

Clemson outrebounded pitt by 19 just saying they are a pretty tough team.

It happens. Watching it on TV with Sea-GB. Seattle sucks today, but they don't suck. We always say "That is why we play the games" but at the same time don't really feel that...

Ahem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom