This board makes me sad sometimes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This board makes me sad sometimes

Rak was trying to avoid foul trouble and G was overmatched. He's a good rebounder for a SG, he's merely average for a SF.
I was thinking the same thing watching that first half. Many of those Clemson putbacks came over Silent G. No excuses, but that first half made me wonder how different it could have been if McCullough was on that side.
I watched that second half to see what kind of fight we would show and if Clemson would go into one of their typical offensive funks. When they did go into one, we couldn't get closer than 13. Terrible game to watch, but not indicative of this edition of the Cuse. I know they are not as good as teams in the past, but they are not 18 points in the first half bad.

Dude
Bro,
I mojo'd this one for you nearly free of charge. :)
Literally put the game on after I saw your post, was watching high school hoops. And the rest is history.
Unbelievable finish!

So much fun watching that game. Like last year's Duke game to put in in perspective. Damn.

One word. Effort It wasnt there yesterday Thats all you need to know. If we dont show effort tuesday we will lose again. Its not rocket science

^This.

Half way through the game my 10 year old looked at me and said why doesn't anyone have their hands up on defense? Even he saw it. It wasn't until we started pressing late in the second half that I saw any defensive effort whatsoever.

Everything about the game was lackluster on our end until it was too late.

^This.

Half way through the game my 10 year old looked at me and said why doesn't anyone have their hands up on defense? Even he saw it. It wasn't until we started pressing late in the second half that I saw any defensive effort whatsoever.

Everything about the game was lackluster on our end until it was too late.
It's one thing to be outplayed...but there's never an excuse for lack of effort.

A coach cannot execute for his players.
A coach cannot make up for the missing offensive game of an injured player.
BUT...a coach is responsible for strategy and control of his team.
In that regard Boeheim also shares some of the fault for this one.

He's said he doesn't believe in momentum.
He's wrong.
A play or two (or perhaps a good tongue-lashing) can change a team's performance.
Once you start believing and achieving a game can turn around.
We've all seen it.

And a coach's strategy can help make that happen...perhaps by going to a press or running certain plays.
Against Clemson Boeheim went back to an old flaw: failing to call a timeouts before the game started getting away.
He also failed to get this team to play a patient offense.
There was no excuse for rushing some of the shots we took...instead of trying to work inside.

We still may have lost.
But he didn't do all he could.

Bro,
I mojo'd this one for you nearly free of charge. :)
Literally put the game on after I saw your post, was watching high school hoops. And the rest is history.
Unbelievable finish!
Hey I claim that too.

"that much better than us"?
They're not better than us whatsoever. I'd probably describe us as "middling" and I'd describe them as "poor." That's how pitiful our effort was yesterday.
I'm willing to bet $ that they finish below .500 in ACC

we probably will too though, in fairness...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom