This is Embarrassing | Syracusefan.com

This is Embarrassing

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
20221030_101850.jpg

Mid 2nd Q. Most of Otto's Army is there early but the casual student fans need to do better.

I haven’t heard a good explanation. Do these students have season tickets and just decide not to show? If that’s the case, not sure what you can do if you are the university. You can’t make kids go. But agreed, it’s a bad look to have an entire section open when you have a “sellout.”

Yeah. I don't think I've seen an open swath of seats like that at any sellout anywhere else before. Maybe you reduce the number of tickets available to students. If the team is good and the student tickets sell out, the rest can buy regular tickets.

I haven’t heard a good explanation. Do these students have season tickets and just decide not to show? If that’s the case, not sure what you can do if you are the university. You can’t make kids go. But agreed, it’s a bad look to have an entire section open when you have a “sellout.”

They are season tickets for students that are sold that they just simply didn’t show.

Due to fire codes, put in place fairly recently if I’m not mistaken, the dome staff also can’t let students into those sections if they only have a single game ticket.

Definitely an issue that will need to be looked into

Just stop making it a student dedicated section. It's not working. Repurpose the section for groups. For example have a game dedicated to hospital workers in the area, another for teachers, another for first responders, etc. The person from the group can bring up to 3 family members or something.
Edit: I know there's special option for military but for 1 game coordinate with the 174th and Fort Drum

They are season tickets for students that are sold that they just simply didn’t show.

Due to fire codes, put in place fairly recently if I’m not mistaken, the dome staff also can’t let students into those sections if they only have a single game ticket.

Definitely an issue that will need to be looked into
I think those seats are the overflow sections for all student tickets. I am under the impression all student tix are GA. At least that's what my daughter told me. She has sat in the upper and the lower this season on her season ticket.

I think those seats are the overflow sections for all student tickets. I am under the impression all student tix are GA. At least that's what my daughter told me. She has sat in the upper and the lower this season on her season ticket.

They used to be overflow

They are not overflow because they sold out of the entire season ticket allotment

Just stop making it a student dedicated section. It's not working. Repurpose the section for groups. For example have a game dedicated to hospital workers in the area, another for teachers, another for first responders, etc. The person from the group can bring up to 3 family members or something.
Edit: I know there's special option for military but for 1 game coordinate with the 174th and Fort Drum

Correct, but for other games this season…like Louisville all those sections were jam packed

Totally understandable that they can't predict that enough students will show show up to fill that section. Having said that it's pretty obvious that by the 2nd quarter if they hadn't shown up they won't show up. Hopefully in the future they encourage the nearby sections to spread out in those situations.

It looks more ugly than that Honda truck that was right off the ice during Barclays center Islander games.

From my understanding and reading here, those seats were sold. Kids just didn’t show up. You can’t sell a season ticket to someone and then sell their seat again.

Should put a tarp with an S or CUSE on it to cover section. 44K is the correct number for the Dome and eliminate some student sections.

They used to be overflow

They are not overflow because they sold out of the entire season ticket allotment

the ushers were also telling the students that they had to fill 304 and 305 and 306 before filling that section

Yeah. I don't think I've seen an open swath of seats like that at any sellout anywhere else before. Maybe you reduce the number of tickets available to students. If the team is good and the student tickets sell out, the rest can buy regular tickets.
Kansas, Nebraska, Rutgers just in the last 2 weeks have announced “sell outs” and had massive amounts of open seats.

The students get overflow areas because the school wants students to be able to come if they want (as they should). Bitching about one of the loudest student sections this year is a bad take

The prices for single-student tickets were $30, which is maybe more than the kids wanted to spend. Most people who bought the season pass go. I think the same thing will happen with the FSU game if it is not a night game.

the ushers were also telling the students that they had to fill 304 and 305 and 306 before filling that section
While they should't open the upper sections until the lower students sections are filled they should allow students to spread out amongst the 3 student sections upstairs from the onset. That corner section always seems to get shown a lot from the tv when a team is on that side of the field in the red zone.

It's also a pretty good view to watch the game.

Yes, she is right. Student tickets are all GA. Except for single-game tickets, I think.

The prices for single-student tickets were $30, which is maybe more than the kids wanted to spend. Most people who bought the season pass go. I think the same thing will happen with the FSU game if it is not a night game.
But it was a sell out, so those seats were sold.

Blow out all those seats and put in a party deck with multiple bars and tables kinda like the outfield at Syracuse Mets games. The people who are there to drink more than anything can stop climbing in and out of their seats and just hang out over there.

Blow out all those seats and put in a party deck with multiple bars and tables kinda like the outfield at Syracuse Mets games. The people who are there to drink more than anything can stop climbing in and out of their seats and just hang out over there.
I think the endzone wall opposite the BB court could be blown out to do something like that.

Mississippi St...did something that could work at the JMA

That’s cool but it would be too far away for basketball games if you did it at the opposite end. And it would take too many good seats away from basketball. The optimal spot might be between the goal line and the 20 yard line which is upper deck behind the basket for basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom