This is simple... | Syracusefan.com

This is simple...

Jake

Mod
the kids have quit giving A+ effort. Dispcipline works great when you're winning, when your not, kids quit. Its the risk of running a 'my way or the highway" kind of program. I smell a house cleaning coming.

the kids have quit giving A+ effort. Dispcipline works great when you're winning, when your not, kids quit. Its the risk of running a 'my way or the highway" kind of program. I smell a house cleaning coming.
Who gets cleaned Marone, players, both?

Awesome, I've missed the excuses about depth!

I hate to agree but I agree. Seems like the team just quit after the kick return by Abernathy and the 27 yard run by Pead to open the 3rd quarter. The stats lied. The score lied too. We were never in it after Cincy got the go-ahead touchdown. Might as well have been a 44 -- 13 butt kicking.

Who gets cleaned Marone, players, both?
I second that question, who do we clean out first?

edit: You can easily see kids running half a$$... It's hard to disguise that!

Didn't we already do this with marrone? Clean house. Great excuse because when we lose we can say, we don't have depth because we had to clean house. I call B.S.. When is Doug going to bring in one good offensive player?

If Doug starts firing assistant coaches then he is writing his own obit. If he comes off as a guy who throws everyone under the bus to save his butt it will be difficult to get quality assistants to come here and work with him.

Something needs to be done, but firing for the sake of firing isn't it. Doug needs to take a good hard look at himself and change his ways before he starts passing out pink slips

Didn't we already do this with marrone? Clean house. Great excuse because when we lose we can say, we don't have depth because we had to clean house. I call B.S.. When is Doug going to bring in one good offensive player?
Doug has good O players and many of them. What he doesnt have is a clue on how to use them. Baily is a complete waste running between the tackles. West, Kobena, Flemming, all wasted because the system is too complicated. Dont even get me started about AM. A total waste. Smith as well. Doug just doesnt have it as an OC and never will. I do think he could grow into a decent head coach but he needs to hire a OC and get the heck out of the way. Maybe even coach from the booth so the kids dont have to see his lack of passion.

Probably should have clarified. Probably a mixture of both...and I agree, Marrone isn't going anywhere. But I think he has to make some "program" adjustments. This season has gotten away from him...BADLY. there is no doubt that kids didn't give a great effort today.

Well, maybe now he has the proper motivation to start thinking of making some scheme changes & personnel adjustments.

Idk maybe turning to a guy like Leach would make a difference. I don't see how it could get worse. Not sure if Marrone is the answer or not. I thought for a while that he was, but we could very easily be 2-10 this year. If we win and actually get to a bowl still this year, people will sing a different tune. However, from what I have seen on the field the past 4 weeks I don't think its even a possibility. When a walkon QB beats you (UConn) two backups (Cinncy), My little Pony (Seu) it makes me think Sinsuri will have Heisman like numbers.

I didn't get to watch the game, but just from the radio broadcast, it sounded like the team (especially the offense) was just going through the motions. I don't think the blame should be thrown entirely on Marrone (although he would probably disagree with me).

I don't think it's all on Hackett's play calling either. I think that the offensive line just needs to be better, I think that we've reached a point where even when the line plays well, Bailey and Nassib have it ingrained in their heads that the blocking will fall apart.

Isn't that what Marrone's job is? To make these guys play hard? If more kids leave this program then it will really be a failure of the coaching staff. This team hasn't had anything more than 1-2 deep (if that) since Marrone got here. If another exodus happens it sets this team back another 2 years, I don't the DM can afford that.

Sooner or later Marrone has to realize this is a new age and much different than the '80's. His coaching styles, playbook and rules are about 20 years out of date.

when the pope kiss's my behind on a friday at midnight under a full moon in july on the roof of the white house while willie nelson smokes a j and billy carter opens a beer

when the pope kiss's my behind on a friday at midnight under a full moon in july on the roof of the white house while willie nelson smokes a j and billy carter opens a beer

I wouldn't absolutely rule out any of the above except for that last one. Billy Carter isn't opening any more beers where he is.

I didn't get to watch the game, but just from the radio broadcast, it sounded like the team (especially the offense) was just going through the motions. I don't think the blame should be thrown entirely on Marrone (although he would probably disagree with me).

I don't think it's all on Hackett's play calling either. I think that the offensive line just needs to be better, I think that we've reached a point where even when the line plays well, Bailey and Nassib have it ingrained in their heads that the blocking will fall apart.
How can you make that judgment from a radio broadcast? I was at the game -- the idea that the kids (Nassib, Bailey, Provo, Jones . . .) weren't trying or gave up is totally bogus. They got beat. Cincy had a better defense; much better specials. You could see it on every kick-off; every punt. SlU had Bailey and no other play-makers. Cincy's OL was better. Cincy's LBs were much better. The sad truth is that Marrone & staff have not (yet) upgraded overall talent on this team.

Isn't that what Marrone's job is? To make these guys play hard? If more kids leave this program then it will really be a failure of the coaching staff. This team hasn't had anything more than 1-2 deep (if that) since Marrone got here. If another exodus happens it sets this team back another 2 years, I don't the DM can afford that.

Sooner or later Marrone has to realize this is a new age and much different than the '80's. His coaching styles, playbook and rules are about 20 years out of date.
I have attended all of the luncheons and have been a huge supporter of HCDM but today I left the Dome wondering if he is the right guy for the job.

I totally agree with your comments that Marrone is trying to do treat the players today like he was treated in the in the 1980's but things have changed a lot in the last 20 years for student atheltes. I ran into a former player at the Dome today and he said the same thing. It appears that the players simply want the season to over so they can enjoy themselves (i.e. get away from Marrone and his rules) and the last thing they want are 18 more practices before a lousy bowl game.

Congratulations Doug, we are now as boring as we were during the Greg Robinson years.

Your offense is about as stale as your apologist's arguments.

I hope you clean house and take a good hard look in the mirror. Stop wasting your energy wooing blue hairs at luncheons in Pittsford, and start wooing blue chips on the gridiron in Pittsburgh.

I hope you're wrong.

And, I don't think it's that complicated.

I think that Cincy has faster, stronger and more athletic players. For example, they have a better punter and a better KO guy, both of whom gave Cincy a decided field position advantage at every turn.

It appears that the players simply want the season to over so they can enjoy themselves (i.e. get away from Marrone and his rules) and the last thing they want are 18 more practices before a lousy bowl game.

Scary thing is that I'm starting to feel that way as well...

Scary thing is that I'm starting to feel that way as well...
Me too. I love college football but a 4 game losing streak has been hard to watch. I hope the boys can somehow find a way to beat Pitt.

Can we really afford another house cleaning? I mean, we played shorthanded the last two seasons because of the last house cleaning. Doug could be flirting with disaster if he does it again.

Something needs to be done, though. Today was an absolute embarrassment. Why is it that SU always gets torched by back-up QB's? I still remember the game where the MASH unit UConn team beat us at their place with a true freshman third stringer. It was his first game and he came in when the second stringer went down. I was never so embarrassed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom