This one is on the coach | Syracusefan.com

This one is on the coach

Cuse#1

Starter
It seems like this year we’re gonna have to score 90 points to win a game! There best player or Idk if he’s the best player because we always let an unknown players score 30 points but he’s having a great game and he’s got all the space to work like 5 feet from anybody being on the guy, I don’t know how much more I can stomach this zone!!! It doesn’t work anymore. Teams have had like 20 years of footage of how to beat the zone and people get so comfortable with it because were playing it all game long to the point where it just becomes routine and that’s exactly what Notre Dame did, throw to the foul line, defender comes up and throw to the big guy, easy basket or pitch it out for a wide-open 3. same thing every time.

What do you want? If you expect man defense, go find another team. It’s not happening. Both teams shoot very well from 3, stop blaming the zone for it.

It seems like this year we’re gonna have to score 90 points to win a game! There best player or Idk if he’s the best player because we always let an unknown players score 30 points but he’s having a great game and he’s got all the space to work like 5 feet from anybody being on the guy, I don’t know how much more I can stomach this zone!!! It doesn’t work anymore. Teams have had like 20 years of footage of how to beat the zone and people get so comfortable with it because were playing it all game long to the point where it just becomes routine and that’s exactly what Notre Dame did, throw to the foul line, defender comes up and throw to the big guy, easy basket or pitch it out for a wide-open 3. same thing every time.
I don't usually say this but this is an incredible stupid post. We lost by 1. 1. Lot's of things cost us this game. JB is way down the list on this one unless you are counting not getting a center that we can throw the ball down low to.

I don't usually say this but this is an incredible stupid post. We lost by 1. 1. Lot's of things cost us this game. JB is way down the list on this one unless you are counting not getting a center that we can throw the ball down low to.
Agreed, about to respond the same. Reactionary posts with little thought are not a good combo.

This one on the coach? Really? I thought the kids played their hearts out. What a second half for Girard. So much fun to watch whether we win or lose. I think Guerrier played well off the bench but not having Sidibe down the stretch hurt, especially on their last scoring play. Lack of rebounding is the major weakness of this team and it was once again exposed by the two bigs for Notre Dame.

This one on the coach? Really? I thought the kids played their hearts out. What a second half for Girard. So much fun to watch whether we win or lose. I think Guerrier played well off the bench but not having Sidibe down the stretch hurt, especially on their last scoring play. Lack of rebounding is the major weakness of this team and it was once again exposed by the two bigs for Notre Dame.
Boards were pretty even. We couldn’t get one when we needed it though.

Oh, and when we play the zone well, we still defend with it. This team is bad on defense. Would be worse in man. It would look like a lay up line.

I thought the OP’s title was going to be followed by one simple sentence; for his ineptness in being able to land a legit P5 type 5 guy since Christmas left.

If anything - I thought the pivotal play was Hughes missing that late layup. Tough and off balance yes but one I have grown accustomed to him making with relative ease.
He missed a rebound late in the game that they put back in. He was in perfect position to grab the ball. Other than that run he had in the first half, it wasn't a really great game for him. I thought he took several ill advised shots.

Last edited:
He missed a rebound late in the game that they put back in. He was in perfect position to grab the ball. Other than that run he had in the first half, it wasn't a real good game for him.
19-5-5 with 2 steals is more than a decent game. ND had somebody in his shorts the whole game.

Last edited:
Oh, and when we play the zone well, we still defend with it. This team is bad on defense. Would be worse in man. It would look like a lay up line.
How do you know with certainty we would be worse in man? The coach never gives it a chance. They don’t practice it. They don’t play it. Rebounding is the weakest link in this porous defense. What’s the one defense that’s harder to box out in? Yep playing zone 100% of the time makes perfect sense.

We all know its never going to change with JB but don’t insinuate that man D would be worse. That’s just a blind defense of the status quo.

This can't be understood as anything but someone who is obtuse and the post disregarded.

I dont know how to feel, but I'll defend by saying recruiting is a major part of the coaches jobs, so if we aren't good enough (or at a level that should be the standard) it's the coaches fault, all of them

I dont know how to feel, but I'll defend by saying recruiting is a major part of the coaches jobs, so if we aren't good enough (or at a level that should be the standard) it's the coaches fault, all of them
No one could disagree with that.

How do you know with certainty we would be worse in man? The coach never gives it a chance. They don’t practice it. They don’t play it. Rebounding is the weakest link in this porous defense. What’s the one defense that’s harder to box out in? Yep playing zone 100% of the time makes perfect sense.

We all know its never going to change with JB but don’t insinuate that man D would be worse. That’s just a blind defense of the status quo.
No it's not. What pt guard could Joe or Buddy guard? No one. And our bigs would be eaten alive even more easily in man.

i wouldn't mind trying man, imo. zone works with the right personnel but we don't have it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom