Those inbounds plays | Syracusefan.com

Those inbounds plays

I don’t even care about that. If they call the undercut it doesn’t even happen

I'm pretty sure that last pass was supposed to be for Girard but Hughes caught it after he drifted into the line of the pass. I dont think Hughes was in the right area, Girard was coming off of a screen behind him

I’m not that bothered by the undercut. The goaltend on Girard’s layup was a bad call in our favor. Then again, Marek’s 5th was a completely garbage call that directly contributed to Edwards playing, who cost us no less than 6 points.

I'm pretty sure that last pass was supposed to be for Girard but Hughes caught it after he drifted into the line of the pass. I dont think Hughes was in the right area, Girard was coming off of a screen behind him

That makes a lot more sense.

I still can’t wrap my head around the full court pass to the corner. Were they thinking that because Girard was a QB it’s a good idea to have him throw the ball far lol? It doesn’t work like that.

That makes a lot more sense.

I still can’t wrap my head around the full court pass to the corner. Were they thinking that because Girard was a QB it’s a good idea to have him throw the ball far lol? It doesn’t work like that.

Agree. You only need to throw it into the front court to get a decent shot off. We've seen other teams do that to us enough times. You don't need to throw it 80 feet to get a jump shot.

Agree. You only need to throw it into the front court to get a decent shot off. We've seen other teams do that to us enough times. You don't need to throw it 80 feet to get a jump shot.

Ennis’ shot against Pitt comes to mind. I think he had a couple more seconds, but still.

Terrible call on the Hail Mary pass given Clemson's length and the asshat ACC refs had swallowed their whistles by that point.

On the full court pass to the corner, Hughes has to make like a wide receiver and come back to the pass. Has to get in between the ball and the defender. Maybe there wasn't time, but he really wasn't even close to trying to make it close. He was going away from the ball.

On the last play, the game thread had people screaming that Hughes was going away from the basket instead of toward it, but they bottled him up, and made him cut and change direction like three or four times. He had nowhere to go except away. The problem was that they were too pre-determined that he was going to get that shot instead of 'any open player.' I'd have been fine with any of three people taking that shot: Hughes, Buddy, or Joe, which meant someone else should have been throwing it in—HowWa.

On the full court pass to the corner, Hughes has to make like a wide receiver and come back to the pass. Has to get in between the ball and the defender. Maybe there wasn't time, but he really wasn't even close to trying to make it close. He was going away from the ball.

On the last play, the game thread had people screaming that Hughes was going away from the basket instead of toward it, but they bottled him up, and made him cut and change direction like three or four times. He had nowhere to go except away. The problem was that they were too pre-determined that he was going to get that shot instead of 'any open player.' I'd have been fine with any of three people taking that shot: Hughes, Buddy, or Joe, which meant someone else should have been throwing it in—HowWa.

Fullcourt passes like that don’t often work with a basketball. It’s in the air too long and basketballs are a lot bigger and move slower through the air than footballs. Even if Hughes came back, it was a pass thrown into ‘triple coverage’ and telegraphed the whole way. You could kind of tell in Girard’s face/body language that he didn’t think there was any chance of that working.

2 seconds is enough time for 3 dribbles and a shot. A half court heave would’ve been much higher percentage.

why have your best shooter in bounds the ball in a situation where he is of much better use being out beyond the arc and at least forcing D away from the hoop to cover him ?

why have your best shooter in bounds the ball in a situation where he is of much better use being out beyond the arc and at least forcing D away from the hoop to cover him ?

Because Marek (our best passer) was out. Edwards and Guerrier would not be trusted to inbound in that spot, rightfully so.

edit: Washington wouldn’t have been a terrible idea

On the final inbound, they should of put Edwards by the rim and had Hughes, Girrard and Buddy start in the backcourt where they could get their momentum going forward upon the whistle blowing. I'd rather see a 40-50 footer with momentum going forward, than a fade away 35 footer.
Or could have stacked them all in a line, causing the defenders to then try and jockey for position in between, in which the refs usually have to force them to give a little space to the offensive player(freedom of movement). Allowing a pass to go to someone working towards the rim for the game winner at least.

Then again, I'm no JAB and maybe I should just stick to the OT board.

Fullcourt passes like that don’t often work with a basketball. It’s in the air too long and basketballs are a lot bigger and move slower through the air than footballs. Even if Hughes came back, it was a pass thrown into ‘triple coverage’ and telegraphed the whole way. You could kind of tell in Girard’s face/body language that he didn’t think there was any chance of that working.

2 seconds is enough time for 3 dribbles and a shot. A half court heave would’ve been much higher percentage.
Agreed. I thought that was the purpose of having edwards in the backcourt with him, to be able to throw him a high pass, and then get it back on the move toward the basket.

On the final inbound, they should of put Edwards by the rim and had Hughes, Girrard and Buddy start in the backcourt where they could get their momentum going forward upon the whistle blowing. I'd rather see a 40-50 footer with momentum going forward, than a fade away 35 footer.
Or could have stacked them all in a line, causing the defenders to then try and jockey for position in between, in which the refs usually have to force them to give a little space to the offensive player(freedom of movement). Allowing a pass to go to someone working towards the rim for the game winner at least.

Then again, I'm no JAB and maybe I should just stick to the OT board.

The final inbound with .9 secs, Edwards wasn’t in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom