Tim Kurkjian | Syracusefan.com

Tim Kurkjian

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Was in Syracuse this past weekend to catch the game and is really impressed by the team. Picked the Cuse over the Ville tonight. Means nothing, but that's pretty neat.

Was he there with Jayson Stark? Because Stark is a Syracuse guy, and goes to games from time to time (he was in Atlantic City when we played there last year, for example).

Isn't he more of a baseball analyst??

yes he is. Ravich was plugging the SU game tonight and talked to Tim about his weekend at the game.

Supposedly...

I dunno tho... As a yankee fan, I laugh at him and Buster Onley...

Both guys said picking up Javy Vasquez a second time was a shrewd move by the yanks.

Any reasonably smart fan knows you don't re-sign a guy with a proven track record of folding under the pressure of pitching in NY...

Too bad our GM hasn't learned that either...

Supposedly...

Both guys said picking up Javy Vasquez a second time was a shrewd move by the yanks.

Any reasonably smart fan knows you don't re-sign a guy with a proven track record of folding under the pressure of pitching in NY...

Yeah, I'm a Yankee fan and I've scratched my head at some of Cashman's pitching moves. I think this off-season he's done a nice job on that front. And if he moves AJ to the Pirates (and they take on even $12 million in salary), I'll give him major kudos.

Stark's daughter is an alum and Kurkjian's daughter is a current student (or was last I knew).

I knew I recognized him! I was in section 114 row R and he walked right past me but I couldnt put my finger on it. Very cool!

Supposedly...

Eh, I think Kirkjian is OK. It's hard to be a national analyst b/c you're not with one team all the time. He sees to have good sources and tends to be far more patient than most national media. As for Cashman, I made fun of him for a while but ultimately they've won a ton of world titles under his guidance. It's tough to nitpick too much. The notion that he may get Pitt to pick up any money for Burnett -- who the yanks clearly have absolutely no use for -- is pretty good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom