Time to dump the double high screen and roll. | Syracusefan.com

Time to dump the double high screen and roll.

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
I don't usually question coach, but I am sick of this play. It did nothing for us last night. About 30 percent of the time in the halfcourt, our set is Tyler with the ball, Roc and Jerami set back to back screens for Tyler with Trevor in the right corner and CJ in the left corner. This play might free Tyler up and it might get Jerami or Roc the ball inside, but what gets me is why do you want your two top scorers standing in each corner as statues.

Last year this play worked a lot better because Brandon or MCW were really good at attacking the rim. Tyler is not quite as good at that. I'm not saying he isnt as good of a player, just a different player. We need to get more movement in our offense. I know we shot 34 percent, but if you have movement you have more of an opportunity to get into an offensive rhythm. I get that coach worked with D'antoni in the Olympics and this is where the play stemmed from, but if Cj isn't knocking down shots this play is useless because Trevor is a statue and a tree could guard him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom