Today was it for me. Syracuse basketball needs to move on. | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Today was it for me. Syracuse basketball needs to move on.

Was listening to this on my ride home, this guy scares me, JW better be listening, wouldn’t want dude on my doorstep.
I'm like 95% sure that was Liam Neeson. Had no idea he was a fan.
angry liam neeson GIF

btw, it's funny to me how there are still plenty of folks (not really here, moreso social media) who immediately jump to the YOURE JUST A BOEHEIM HATER when you (correctly) observe that it is time for him to go - as if it's not possible to simultaneously love and respect what he has done while also pointing out the glaringly obvious regarding the present situation

btw, it's funny to me how there are still plenty of folks (not really here, moreso social media) who immediately jump to the YOURE JUST A BOEHEIM HATER when you (correctly) observe that it is time for him to go - as if it's not possible to simultaneously love and respect what he has done while also pointing out the glaringly obvious regarding the present situation
oh you follow Brian Harrison on twitter also? :)

To be fair, there are still 1 or 2 here on this board that are still spinning and deflecting. But most of the usual ones have been pretty quiet these last few days.

Its crazy.

Look, my dream scenario would be JB stays on, brings on an elite defensive guru as an assistant who can immediately modernize the D and pivot to man, and JB hands the ball over to him when he wants to go in a couple years. That's never gonna happen of course, but I am so NOT a JB hater.

oof that dude
in all seriousness, you're a pretty good barometer. I've followed your posts long enough to know that you're not negative just to be negative and you're also very knowledgeable. So when you think it's time for change, it should be something to think about.

It's not that difficult. Most people at the age of 78 probably aren't at the pinnacle of their profession anymore. It would be the exception to still be top-level. It's just that most people would have recognized it and retired. Not JB.

in all seriousness, you're a pretty good barometer. I've followed your posts long enough to know that you're not negative just to be negative and you're also very knowledgeable. So when you think it's time for change, it should be something to think about.
thx MS, I could say the same for you for sure. I was in denial for awhile (check that rhyme yo!) because there were PLENTY of JB haters even when he and the program were uber successful, and so I was very reactive to that. But, yes, I came around. I accepted reality. This program needs a new coach.

The 2-3 zone was invented in 1914. This photo shows some scores from that basketball season. The 3 point line didn't exist. Steph Curry hadn't inspired millions of kids to shoot from half court. It's a dated defense that is killing the Syracuse basketball program.

Screen Shot 2023-02-25 at 7.13.00 PM.png