Today was it for me. Syracuse basketball needs to move on. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Today was it for me. Syracuse basketball needs to move on.

I get what you're trying to say, but Beard had the charges dropped, indicating there was nothing there. In my eyes, the guy is innocent. I don't see that as "winning at all costs" if Auburn hires him. I would have no issues hiring him, PC or not.
That’s one way to look at it. Not being to prosecute isn’t really the same as nothing there. Not being able to tell the difference in this case is going to make things difficult for him to get hired again.

Unfortunately, some people think because an individual is charged or there is an allegation, then they are automatically guilty of whatever it is.

Some people? Unfortunately, in the broader scope, the world we live in today, for the most part, is no longer innocent until proven guilty, but guilty until proven innocent. At least in the court of public opinion. The cesspool that is social media has only exacerbated this train of thought nowadays.

If people want to avoid getting the thread locked because they need to talk out their political peccadilloes, there is another place.

Happy Daffy Duck GIF by Looney Tunes

Psychological with many people. They fear one day they will be no longer seen as useful, especially in jobs they have remained loyal. They’re projecting their own fears and insecurities into JB’s situation.

That's an interesting way of defining what we humans call "empathy."

People who think our success is solely tied to Boeheim that have been doing the fear mongering “be careful what you wish for” crap like to downplay the draw of the Dome these days, but…..there’s zero reason we should ever have a bad team while we play here. Every single SU player ever talks about the Dome being a major factor, but that doesn’t fit the narrative for some who think our recruiting issues aren’t caused by having an 80 year old coach…

A renovated Dome. Best college BB fan base in the country. ACC exposure. Get a high energy coach in here and let's go!

Best college BB fan base in the country.
By what measure is this the best? Just curious how this is quantified.

One of the best? Perhaps. I see a hell of a lot more UNC and Kentucky gear when I travel than SU.

I get what you're trying to say, but Beard had the charges dropped, indicating there was nothing there. In my eyes, the guy is innocent. I don't see that as "winning at all costs" if Auburn hires him. I would have no issues hiring him, PC or not.
The problem is we would not even reach out to his agent

Unfortunately, some people think because an individual is charged or there is an allegation, then they are automatically guilty of whatever it is.
I respect your take of innocent until proven guilty, but why wasn’t Bernie Fine hired at any other school considering all of the years experience he had? Not even FAU or FIU would take a chance.

It’s not just basketball too. When do you think Trevor Bauer or Art Briles will get a job again ?

Last edited:
A renovated Dome. Best college BB fan base in the country. ACC exposure. Get a high energy coach in here and let's go!
Love the enthusiasm, but do you really see that happening with Syracuse always promoting the family atmosphere and wildhack as AD?

I respect your take of innocent until proven guilty, but why wasn’t Bernie Fine hired at any other school considering all of the years experience he had? Not even FAU or FIU would take a chance.

It’s not just basketball too. When do you think Trevor Bauer or Art Briles will get a job again ?
Bernie Fine was right after the PSU scandal. I think there was enough evidence with Bauer and Briles to come to a conclusion that what they did was morally wrong and messed up.

Wes Miller is #1 Choice. His recruiting is getting good. Involved with several top recruits in 2023 and 2024. Cincy getting ready to move to Big 12. If Davis fails at Carolina, he will get that job. A lot of people wanted him over Davis.

If people want to avoid getting the thread locked because they need to talk out their political peccadilloes, there is another place.

Happy Daffy Duck GIF by Looney Tunes
Look, we all know where this thread is headed. I think it can make for an interesting conversation. For those of you not already members, just send me a note and I’ll see about sponsoring you on the ‘dark side.’

A team like Auburn will take a chance on Chris Beard because they care about winning at all costs.

We care more about being PC which is why Red will be our next coach. And the likelihood of Red succeeding with a continuation of what we’ve seen is low, and when SU loses money on attendance, they will realize that we also need to hire a coach that will win at all costs. Unfortunately, that will probably be around 2030.
Don't disagree but what's interesting about the PC part is su never fired JB after 2 sets of NCAA penalties and then a nuked succession plan got him an extension. It's like those wrongs we're ok, because he's one of us but we couldn't hire an outsider who doesn't have a spotless record. It's insular almost cult like when you think about it.

Don't disagree but what's interesting about the PC part is su never fired JB after 2 sets of NCAA penalties and then a nuked succession plan got him an extension. It's like those wrongs we're ok, because he's one of us but we couldn't hire an outsider who doesn't have a spotless record. It's insular almost cult like when you think about it.
JB provided what Syracuse loves most - being relatively competitive and saving money. JB gave his alma mater a hometown discount for the past 40 years.

JB provided what Syracuse loves most - being relatively competitive and saving money. JB gave his alma mater a hometown discount for the past 40 years.
Well, all good things must come to pass. Time to hand over the keys to the new generation

well he's been in the program 60 years.not sure we owe him anything other than "thanks for your service". we've already given him millions ,a name on the court and a pretty plush life doing what he loves. not sure another university would have done that. (at least as far as i know it's never been done )

Last edited:

Agreed...but it is time to move on.

Fun fact. In 1976 Syracuse Basketball brandwise was about like Xavier. SU signed him to a contract that paid about $145K a year in today's dollars. Actually a solid salary for a 29 year old but ridiculously cheap in today's environment.