Todays guest: Pete Davidson | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Todays guest: Pete Davidson

Personally I don’t hate that Weitsman does it; I just don’t get why he does it. If I were wealthy and had incredible seats, I’d bring my family and friends. Not people who I don’t really know and wouldn’t give me a second look if I weren’t paying them to hang out with me. It’s the “paying people to hang out with him” part that makes it weird for me.

Get it or not, it’s quite literally doing business. You can buy and maximize exposure in a lot of ways.

I want to agree with llandz but I’ll wait to see what he says at U of R tonight. I’m waiting for a “was at Cuse today….still trash”. We’ll see!

Questions:
1. How much does it cost to do this?
2. What possible payment motivates a guy like Tom Brady to come to game given he must already have more money than Fort Knox?
3. If Pete Davidson is on SNL, isn’t there SNL things he’s supposed to be doing a couple hours before a live show? Rehearsals, especially with inexperienced guests, etc.

Overall, these celebrity guest things are a plus. Probably doesn’t move the needle in a huge way but always makes the program seem 2% more hip when they show the celeb on the ESPN broadcast. The program could always use that when the other dominant image is of our Get-Off-My-Lawn Crypt Keeper aged coach who does a damn fine Donald Trump impression in half his post game press conferences.
No SNL this week .. Olympics

Because no one in life deserves a second chance. As pointed out above his father was a first responder who died in the World Trade Center on 911. He also suffers from Crohn's disease (Dan Johnson). He suffers from mental illness with anxiety and depression and has been public about this. He made a stupid comment. Maybe he is trying to make amends. And this season he has doubled his Saturday Night Live production and is one of the most popular people on the show. He is hot stuff, and young potential recruits will love it. You are all wrong.
i don’t know the guy or anything about him. But a man would (should) use his visit to the dome to make a public apology. I know I would….if I were trying to make amends. Man up!

Last edited:
#RecruitsLiningUp
#ButtsInSeats
#MediaFrenzy
#PalpableBuzz
Lighten up a bit, was hoping for at least some adjw keeping Doug close speculation

I’ll probably get scolded for this, but I seriously doubt that any of the high profile guests at SU games have had a tangible impact on recruiting
They do. Increased attendance especially from the students matters. Social media chatter matters.

Lighten up a bit, was hoping for at least some adjw keeping Doug close speculation
I was just joking. It'll be interesting to see if Marrone takes the year off, or if he coaches somewhere.

I’ll probably get scolded for this, but I seriously doubt that any of the high profile guests at SU games have had a tangible impact on recruiting
Who gives a f if it does or not. It’s something different and unique, just like the dome. A regular feature of knicks and lakers games is look at the celebs courtside. If Weitsman wants to bring a little bit of that to a college game, there is nothing wrong with it.

Who gives a f if it does or not. It’s something different and unique, just like the dome. A regular feature of knicks and lakers games is look at the celebs courtside. If Weismann wants to bring a little bit of that to a college game, there is nothing wrong with it.
Thanks for the rant, but it had nothing to do with the post you quoted.

the hate for pete is really strange. He seriously is so nice of a human being. When he was here shooting the movie that he filmed, he stayed in the Dietz building a couple doors down from me. He took endless pictures with people that wanted them. Him and Ariana Grande literally loved it in Syracuse and loved the small town feel. One day when he came back from Wegmans with groceries he said they talked to so many people at Wegmans that they loved how many people were excited to see them in our city. They Never big timed anyone and literally took an interest in everyone that wanted to have a conversation. The judgment from people that have never met someone is very strange. So what if he said something stupid, we have all said something about Syracuse and the city at some point in our lives

I kind of find it embarrassing we have a guy who pays celebs to attend our games. I mean, if Georgia Tech or Virginia or whoever was doing this we'd all be laughing at them. Its kind of pathetic

Davidson at SYR game will make the rounds on social media and TV sports and entertainment shows. As Spiro Agnew said, "All publicity is good publicity." Watch SYR trend on Twitter

Big Bologna was there too.
58B36E03-2D5E-4816-9167-EB8B29F8E8DE.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom