Tommy Devito in the portal | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy Devito in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not seeing any “he quit on his team in the middle of the season” posts. Weird!
My post on Taj was complete thank you to the kid.
I said about Tommy I wish he finished the season.
I didn’t say that about Harris.

So I am one. DeVito should have finished this season even if he looked for another school.
No business leaving now he didn’t have the issues Harris had.

Watching the sideline the night, when Tommy was starting, Shrader was warming up like every series….getting in coach’s ear about getting in the game. Friday night, DeVito just stood the on the sidelines, didn’t even have his helmet with him. If the roles were reversed, you would have needed a dog to keep Shrader from trying to get on the field. But Tommy may have known there’s no chance to get in so why make a case. It was definitely an odd vibe, that now makes sense.
At Ohio Tomcat and I were three rows behind the SU bench. GS paced the sideline flipping a football , nervous energy , we agreed he looked like he was chomping at the bit to get in.

My post on Taj was complete thank you to the kid.
I said about Tommy I wish he finished the season.
I didn’t say that about Harris.

So I am one. DeVito should have finished this season even if he looked for another school.
No business leaving now he didn’t have the issues Harris had.
That’s true, he doesn’t save a year by doing this now right?

Why not stick it out then?

E20D8C77-5C92-44D3-904E-F05F16F72A09.jpeg

Hmm…

I’m not seeing any “he quit on his team in the middle of the season” posts. Weird!
Exactly. I don’t have a dog in the fight and certainly wish both kids well, but it’s jarring seeing all these kumbaya “fare thee well” posts, versus the “he’s a cancer-good riddance” posts from many.
I have a personal bias w/ diva wide receivers, but the entire tenor is…fascinating.

Exactly. I don’t have a dog in the fight and certainly wish both kids well, but it’s jarring seeing all these kumbaya “fare thee well” posts, versus the “he’s a cancer-good riddance” posts from many.
I have a personal bias w/ diva wide receivers, but the entire tenor is…fascinating.
It’s almost as if Tommy and Taj had completely different on field and off field demeanors.

Sort of agree with the difference in the Taj and Tommy comments. I also agree that players are people and need to do what is best for them while they have these opportunities to play.
I think one reason for making this announcement in the middle of the season is to get a jump on the opportunities from other teams. With the newer transfer rules, some players will be left with no where to go, or not good choices. By announcing now he has a better chance of getting offers before it gets crowded in the transfer portal. I don't see this is quitting on the team, but I see it as taking care of yourself and making the decisions that are best for you. And yes it is a team sport, but they are now allowed to do this, and so they are going to do it. Maybe the rules need to be dialed back just a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom