Tommy Devito in the portal | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy Devito in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s almost as if Tommy and Taj had completely different on field and off field demeanors.
Ummm, not buying it. " Demeanor" based on who's perspective?
From everything we've heard, Taj was a good teammate who was beloved by his peers, just like Tommy.
As fans we can speculate all we want but to succumb to the stereotypical "he's just a cancer" perspective, is a little disturbing, IMO.
I think some introspection might be in order for these polar opposite reactions, to very similar circumstances. JMHO

Please clue me in when that happens. I can be dense sometimes. Actually I know very good family friends, and will probably see them in a couple of weeks. The Devitos actually sat with our group 2 years ago.
I would rather it on here. I can see a WHOLE Lotta dirt coming out. Some of it If, true. If not here, I expect Bailey to write the article - with no context. Hopefully, Tommy can stop him. Tommy has been a class act, and I wish him well. I do think he'll succeed, elsewhere.

Ummm, not buying it. " Demeanor" based on who's perspective?
From everything we've heard, Taj was a good teammate who was beloved by his peers, just like Tommy.
As fans we can speculate all we want but to succumb to the stereotypical "he's just a cancer" perspective, is a little disturbing, IMO.
I think some introspection might be in order for these polar opposite reactions, to very similar circumstances. JMHO
Ugh, just say what you’re implying.

Have no problem with him hitting the portal. He came in with sky high expectations and it never materialized. It’s a common tale and it happens all over the country.

Woof, liking tweets like that, probably why he didn’t mention the coaching staff in his transfer tweet.

Attachments

• 4C17B5B7-7D8D-466F-80C7-618EF8F53B87.jpeg
    4C17B5B7-7D8D-466F-80C7-618EF8F53B87.jpeg
    494.1 KB · Views: 340
Well thought out if the purpose was to thank everyone but the staff that started you at QB for 25 games.
You mean the same staff that couldn't put an offensive line together for those 25 games. DeVito has a lot of holes in his game, but that kid took a beating and never complained. That same staff that let a wide receiver throw tantrums on the bench and embarass his quarterback. That same staff that had a high school coach as his position coach for two years? I give the kid credit for wanting to play and sitting on the bench watching a guy who can't throw the ball was probably too much. I wish him luck wherever he goes but as Babers will say tomorrow when asked, " I don't talk about anybody whose not a member of the team."

You mean the same staff that couldn't put an offensive line together for those 25 games. DeVito has a lot of holes in his game, but that kid took a beating and never complained. That same staff that let a wide receiver throw tantrums on the bench and embarass his quarterback. That same staff that had a high school coach as his position coach for two years? I give the kid credit for wanting to play and sitting on the bench watching a guy who can't throw the ball was probably too much. I wish him luck wherever he goes but as Babers will say tomorrow when asked, " I don't talk about anybody whose not a member of the team."
Shrader has moved the team with this offensive line. Devito had more then enough chances. Guy couldn’t find a secondary receiver to save his life and his pocket presence was poor. Hope he does get another chance , we will see.

This is what Tommy’s dad wrote elsewhere when Taj left.
No Tommy D your recievers will be leaving for bigger & better things, I don't understand how a coach staff can get a QB like Tommy D and not build around him, they had 4 yrs to build around this great man if they knew what they wanted in QB ahead time why didn't take a running QB this man Tommy was lead on to be a throwing QB for the Orangemen now that the coach didn't recruit around TD they wanna run the ball, sorry to say coach you messed up you will not be around long.

Ugh, just say what you’re implying.
I'm not "implying" anything- far be it for me to accuse folks of something based on conjecture. But there is a term for what I feel is happening here. It's the same pre-disposed notion that certain kids are "lunch pail", "gritty", "gutty", "wily", and "get the most from their abilities", while others are "prima donnas", "naturally gifted", and "lack a sense of focus". As fans we've been party to these dog-whistles for years and it would not surprise me in the least if some of these comments are not coming from that particular place.
Implicit bias is real, and I think we should all step back and dissect what and why we're posting certain narratives, and get real w/ ourselves. JMHO

I wish Tommy luck. It always felt like he just didn’t have “it” to succeed at Syracuse. Whether it was a bad OL, his own deficiencies in going through progressions or just an overall miscasting in the type of QB the team needed, something was always missing.

He has the arm and work ethic that could make him really successful in the right type of system. I hope he lands at a spot that he thinks has the resources to make him better.

Bittersweet end to this era. So much promise and...potential. Never realized. Coaching staff blunders; player inadequacies. Really wish Tommy the best. Gave his all for the team, even when his all just wasn't enough.

he only played in 3 games.. he could have run this out and perhaps had a chance to play/win/get back the starter job. he could have played it out and talked with Dino about when he would be willing to come back in too.. he was on the field in the Wake game celebrating after the TDs.

Maybe I missed it, but was Tommy moved to Wide Receiver or Tight End?

Because if he wasn't, he's only 1 play away from starting again, and we've got SIX GAMES left in the season.
No he was benched as the starting quarterback and if he didn;t get in Friday night after Shrader's epiic passing clinic, he was never going to take a snap at Syracuse ever again. If you watched Babers press conference, that was plain as hell. What happened to Coach Morons earlier discussions about whoever is playing better plays until he doesn't and we need both guys to win. Oh and because he got his position changed and didn't like it, thats okay but when you want to play and don't thats not??????

No he was benched as the starting quarterback and if he didn;t get in Friday night after Shrader's epiic passing clinic, he was never going to take a snap at Syracuse ever again. If you watched Babers press conference, that was plain as hell. What happened to Coach Morons earlier discussions about whoever is playing better plays until he doesn't and we need both guys to win. Oh and because he got his position changed and didn't like it, thats okay but when you want to play and don't thats not??????
No. He wasn't. Devito liked a tweet about coaches lying a few weeks back. Its possible he felt the same way Friday night.

I got the sense that Tommy wasn’t going to play on Friday regardless of the situation. Felt like he made up his mind and told Dino but waited until today to announce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom