Tomorrow night will be the first time I have ever rooted for Duke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tomorrow night will be the first time I have ever rooted for Duke

Since I can't decide heads up between the two, gotta go with a tie-breaker: conference. Since I like the ACC and really don't like the SEC, gotta go with dook...

I have to get something off my chest as well. I have a few favorite teams.

1. Syracuse
2. Whoever plays UK
3. Whoever plays GTown

I hate Duke, but I despise GTown and Calipari (therefore, Kentucky).

Kudos to both programs for scheduling a quality game like this so early in the season.

Meanwhile we play Wagner, Monmouth, Alcorn State, and CCSU (I had to look that up just to see who that was).

I don't care to defend Syracuse's basketball scheduling choices (it'd be fun if we played more two-year series with name non-conference schools), but it's asking a lot to squeeze in a big game in a season that sees us travel to the West Coast, play in another of those faux-tournaments, and go on the road as part of the Big East/SEC.

Maybe SDSU and Temple don't have the name appeal of Duke and Kentucky, but we wanted in on those events and we're stuck with the opponent that the organizers have chosen.

I have way more hate for Kentucky. I want to see them go down early in the year, and bad. Tonight is the night that happens. (I hope)

I don't want either team to win, but I guess I'll root for Duke not to lose a little more.

If the consensus is correct and coaching (in game) is a factor, then Coach K should prevail.

Gotta root for Duke in this one. No question about it. And given that it's Duke, I would imagine that a win tonight for the Blue Devils will vault them into the Top 3 in the next polls...

"go cats"? You should ban yourself til the final horn tonight

Nah.

2 sleazy coaches, 2 corrupt programs, 2 racist conferences (used to be in the same racist conference). I'm gonna root for the one people like the least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom