Tony Greene worst ref out there in big games | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tony Greene worst ref out there in big games

That was a perfect example of what I said in another thread. On a last play sort of situation, in a close call - if there was nothing resembling egregious contact on either player's part - Let It Go. No Call.

Defender leans in with first contact which he doesn't call. The ball handler's reaction was no worse than the defender's contact. Should have been a play on but Tony G always has to get into the act rather than letting the players decide the game.

Exactly right and I think every other ref in the country swallows the whistle in that case. Let the kids decide Tony. IT AINT ABOUT YOU!

I could easily be wrong here.

Refs always see the second action, though. Never seemingly the first!
Same as in the NFL. The refs never see the first punch/shove...

Tony Greene makes me want to knock on his door and re-enact that scene from "What Happens in Vegas".

YOU KNOW WHY!!!

The same ref who made the charge call against CJ at Duke, just made a huge charge call that will be very controversial and maybe cost Arizona a Final Four berth.

I agree Tony Greene stinks, but let's not pretend it's just him. The whole weekend the officiating has been a joke. There isn't a sport out there officiated worse than college basketball and it makes me sick. I haven't enjoyed the end of these games. Michigan state, Wisconsin, and Michigan have all received the benefit of doubt on some terrible calls the last two days.

No other sport is officiated as bad as college basketball. It's a joke. All the big ten teams have received the benefit of questionable calls the last two days. It really bothers me and we aren't even playing, but I've seen enough of this bs the last three years that enough is enough. Get some guys out there that don't make the game about them.

There have just been so many games this tourney that have been outstanding games down to the wire where I find myself yelling at the tv over an awful call in the closing seconds. And these are in games where I really have no true routing interest, just an emotional investment in a great game where I end up feeling completely shortchanged by a bogus call-almost inevitably a ridiculous offensive foul call. It's very frustrating.

Why is Greene even in any big games?

How is that guy officiating in the elite 8? Obviously we're all biased here, but are there really not better referees than him? Unbelievable.

There have just been so many games this tourney that have been outstanding games down to the wire where I find myself yelling at the tv over an awful call in the closing seconds. And these are in games where I really have no true routing interest, just an emotional investment in a great game where I end up feeling completely shortchanged by a bogus call-almost inevitably a ridiculous offensive foul call. It's very frustrating.

The game is ruined. I watched Van Fleet tear a guys head off and not get called. There is constant bumping and handchecking. Defenders lean on offensive players to maintain their balance. They are out of control and the game has become so chaotic these refs don't seem to know what to call. I do not know what is a penalty anymore.

Just the B1G throwing their money and power around, again. It is all politics now.

Awful call. Greene should be fired. Somebody needs to start a website.

Just the B1G throwing their money and power around, again. It is all politics now.

You have to wonder some times. Mr. Delaney is a rather powerful man.

It all started for me during that Oklahoma State v. Gonzaga match-up. They set the bar for sucking at your job so high that I thought nobody could live up to it. But Tony Greene, that wonderful bastard, stands up as always and announced to the world that he in fact can suck more than anyone. Kudos to Greene.

I find the weirdest part of the tourney the handful of times they went to replay and then completely ignored what they saw and just confirmed their call. They started that nonsense off during the UConn first round game in a pivotal play late in the game. Again, kudos to the officials!

This is the 5th time I have seen him make a call at the end of a game that changes everything, and each call has been dead wrong. He needs to be in spotlight , he needs to change a game at the end. Doesnt the league see this is obvious, maybe he has money on the games , there should be an overseeing of this kind of official. He ruins basket
ball

This is the 5th time I have seen him make a call at the end of a game that changes everything, and each call has been dead wrong. He needs to be in spotlight , he needs to change a game at the end. Doesnt the league see this is obvious, maybe he has money on the games , there should be an overseeing of this kind of official. He ruins basket
ball

What "league?"

League of Nations?

League of our own?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online