Too what age do people here think beohiem will continue to coach here? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Too what age do people here think beohiem will continue to coach here?

Being able to coach a long time is one of the reasons he has taken such good care of himself. Selfishly, I hope he wins an NC with his 2 boys and retires, and we get a fresh , young coach, like Nate Oates.

That would be the dream. But I'm pretty certain the way it will play out will be that he will retire at a time where JW is forced to give the incumbent assistant (AA or GM) the role for that season. Whether that is next season, the season after that, or further down the road, I'm not sure..

Then it's up to JW to make the call - is the assistant worthy of a long-term contract or does he go big and try to get a serious hire. Personally I would be ready for a fresh start with a coach with some serious recruiting chops, but I just don't know how the administration will act.

That would be the dream. But I'm pretty certain the way it will play out will be that he will retire at a time where JW is forced to give the incumbent assistant (AA or GM) the role for that season. Whether that is next season, the season after that, or further down the road, I'm not sure..

Then it's up to JW to make the call - is the assistant worthy of a long-term contract or does he go big and try to get a serious hire. Personally I would be ready for a fresh start with a coach with some serious recruiting chops, but I just don't know how the administration will act.
I think you give Adrian a shot. That's how it plays out in almost all of the "alumni asst coach" scenarios. Duke, UNC, even the Mutts w/ Kevin Ollie. It would be beyond awkward and downright wrong IMO, to get an outside HC first w/out giving "one of our own" a crack at it. If he spits the bit, then you look elsewhere.
If it does plays out that way, I think Red gets the nod before GMac, Griffin, or Hop. JMHO

1633446072282.png

I think you give Adrian a shot. That's how it plays out in almost all of the "alumni asst coach" scenarios. Duke, UNC, even the Mutts w/ Kevin Ollie. It would be beyond awkward and downright wrong IMO, to get an outside HC first w/out giving "one of our own" a crack at it. If he spits the bit, then you look elsewhere.
If it does plays out that way, I think Red gets the nod before GMac, Griffin, or Hop. JMHO
This is what I think as well…..we try and keep it in the family.

No, no, no….Jim retires when after a freak attack from Scorpian from Mortal Combat at Carousel escalator he finds he no longer has the will to coach but rather spends hours learning the down, down, side, side up, down, side, rb special attack which takes Scorpian out.
Footage from that dark day
CE920EF2-BFAA-4BEF-9DF5-9648F5681147.gif

This is what I think as well…..we try and keep it in the family.
Keeping recruiting momentum during a change is monumentally important; can cost years if not done properly. If Duke can go with the in-family young gun, so can Cuse. They easily could've gone for experience (Capel, Dawkins). '22 class has been led by GMac - he'd leave in a heartbeat for another gig if passed over. Would be a mistake to let him walk in my opinion.

Im sure ill get a wide variety of answers of this one! Me personally, i dont think he wants to stop but he has to understand that its inevitable that the ride has to be over very soon, like a year or two.

The way i see it there are far more negatives than positives for him to still be the coach at 78, or 79. 80 would just be selfish on his part if still here. Now i dont think he'll be here that late in his life. Shouldnt be plain & simple. Before someone potentially erupts because there is always someone, i definitely appreciate what he has done & accomplished here but at just about the highest level, idc who you are or how well you take care of self brain function will not be the same, will not be as sharp as he needs to be!

Im asking what people think cause nobody knows but probaly a few. Obvious reasons why i hope not.
1)Wont be the coach he was...obviously, & decline will continue.
2)Not being able to relate to the players or better said the way younger coaches can.
3)& of course others coaches saying these very things about JB! Im sure their probaly already doing it

You’re very well could be right. I see no way that Syracuse goes outside the family coaching tree for the next hire.

Didn’t the NCAA take away wins and years from his age? I think he’s only 38 now, so he’s got at least 40-45 more years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom