Top 10 a majority of the season | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Top 10 a majority of the season

We all seemingly had every player living up to their hype, and/or making a big leap in their game, and gelling together to create an undeniable force.
I'm seeing a lot of this right now with people thinking that four freshman from the back half of the top-150 and deeper are going to step in and make SU great again.

I'm seeing a lot of this right now with people thinking that four freshman from the back half of the top-150 and deeper are going to step in and make SU great again.

MSUGA!!

I’m cautiously optimistic but reality is this is the same team we had that was brutal on offense last year. I know I’m being a buzz kill and I’m ecstatic Battle is returning. I really hope we can improve from Chukwu high screens and one on one threes as the shot clock expires.

tenor.gif

If we run the same ISO stuff and ignore off ball movement and/or don’t implement it then we’re toast against a good defensive team, regardless. If Carey gets integrated quickly and can get downhill as a playmaker then that could really help. Will be interesting to see if Tyus will be deployed as more of a playmaker. Should be more balance and pop of course in theory but until we start fundamentally moving defenses, reversing the ball crisply, not holding the ball, etc.; I’m taking a wait and see approach.

Prescient.

Also, dude, where'd you disappear to?

Bingo!

Do we have a good offense? Do we have an above-average point guard? Can enough players make jump shots?

We won't know the answers to those questions for months. But if everyone's healthy, we know that the zone is strong and has two of Boeheim's all-time best defenders up top.

No. No. Sometimes.

And for some reason our two extraordinary defensive guards haven't really been seen since March. That's way down on my list of concerns, but Howard's injury wrecked his mobility and Battle hasn't been the same without him.

A sign of how far we’ve fallen. Expecting a top 25 team wire-to-wire is now considered “insanely optimistic”. Smh

Expectations were a lot higher than just top 25 for many. People had this lined up to be one of our best teams ever.

It’s crazy but the only player that has exceeded my expectations is Buddy. Everyone else has been a disappointment except maybe Bradwell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom